Far from the Forest

A suggestion:

As it stands, the definition of the Far from the Forest forum is this:

Feel free to post anything here, no matter how crazy or spammy, and as long it doesn't break any rules or offend anyone. (Postcount does not rise here.)

And yet over the past few days, based on non-rule breaking content that was posted in the FFtF, a moderator has been discommendated, and various topics suppressed. It is obvious there is a case of blatant misadvertising going on. And no wonder. The rules aren't properly defined! Luckily, I have a solution that will allow various authority-figures-that-be to continue their current level of censorship uninterrupted while making transparent the protocols which govern the Crazyness Domain. Excuse me, Far from the Forest.

My solution is simply to make the following substitution:

Feel free to post anything here, no matter how crazy or spammy, and as long it doesn't break any rules or deign to offend the butthurt propensities common to a certain jackbooted kaiser with micropenis syndrome.

(Postcount does not rise here.)

Edited by California Mountain Snake

And Josh hides another thread of discussion because it makes him look bad.

I guess I have my answer, huh? Fuck doing the right thing, it's allllllll about you, Joshypoo.

And Josh hides another thread of discussion because it makes him look bad.

I guess I have my answer, huh? Fuck doing the right thing, it's allllllll about you, Joshypoo.

Actually, Josh didn't hide the topic. The reason it's currently hidden is because Black Knight over there decided it would be funny to report the first post in Fox's topic. Apparently the report manager automatically hides reported posts and since it was the first post that was reported, the entire topic was hidden.

Lol.

However, when I reported it I was informed that the topic no longer existed, and my report could not be filed.

Also, as a mod, can't you, you know, do something, about that?

EDIT: Wow, it really does work. I just got the whole FE4 thread to dissapear. EXPLOIT EXPLOIT.

EDIT: Wow, it really does work. I just got the whole FE4 thread to dissapear. EXPLOIT EXPLOIT.

Your villainy can only be admired.

Ok, Black Knight, enough with the reports already.

As for your question, I officially resigned my position as a moderator last night, so technically I'm not a mod anymore. But since I'm still stuck in limbo and I agree with what was said in the topic, I'll set it back to normal.

You might want to set FE4 thread, Super Battle Ultima thread, and both of the Serenes Forums' rules threads back to being visible while you're at it. Otherwise, true anarchy might ensue.

What a pity that might be.

I got nothing. This is the shittiest bit of forum nonsense I've seen in a long time.

Actually, Josh didn't hide the topic. The reason it's currently hidden is because Black Knight over there decided it would be funny to report the first post in Fox's topic. Apparently the report manager automatically hides reported posts and since it was the first post that was reported, the entire topic was hidden.
Jesus fuck, he said he'd fixed that already.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I officially resigned my position as a moderator last night
A_challenger_disapears.jpeg Edited by Blacken

Three Global Moderators down in the past few months - Wist who resigned, Fox who was removed by Jyo, and Charlie, who's just resigned... As much as it may not be my own business, I am curious as to what's going on.

Edit: Reading the topic linked in the first post.

Interesting stuff, to say the least... I can only hope things are put right with as few arguments as possible.

Edited by Raven

I'm not sure, but we need to wix it. As for the report manager, I fixed the thing setting posts to invisible. It won't do that anymore.

I said it once. I'll say it again.

Rehab's the only smart one in this whole mess. :\

At least I wasn't the only one thinking it.

I'm not sure, but we need to wix it. As for the report manager, I fixed the thing setting posts to invisible. It won't do that anymore.

At least I wasn't the only one thinking it.

You need fewer witty comments and more competent administration, the ability to admit when you have a problem, and the ability to actually conduct rational discussion rather than hide.

Get down from your high horse Blacken, you're one to talk about not admitting you have faults.

Get down from your high horse Blacken, you're one to talk about not admitting you have faults.
See, there's the thing. I admit I have faults. I revel in having faults. That's what makes me a goddamn human. I'm also not a person put in a role of authority. I'm not good at those roles. I actively avoid them because I'm not good at them. And I actively work to address my own failings, and minimize my exposure to roles in which those failings will cause significant problems (as opposed to roles where I can comfortably exercise what skills I have in those areas, and improve them).

These are not habits of yours. They need to be if you're going to do well. And running from your mistakes is not a good way to do that.