Member Badges

VincentASM

I would like...  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Please select all that apply

• Member badges for all members.
    • Ability to choose one of two member badges according to gender.
    • Ability to choose from a selection of member badges.
    • Screw member badges - only staff should have them!

We've been thinking of revamping the member badges (amongst other things...) and we figured it would be a good idea to ask for the members' input before going ahead with that.

As the poll describes, simply select all the options that apply.

If you have any questions, fire away : o

What's a member badge? See the picture underneath my avatar/name that has Leanne's artwork and says "Admin"? That's a member badge.

sff-ad.PNG

(Disclaimer: The contents of the poll may not realistically be achieved at this point in time.)

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal opinion is that only staff members should have them. We had them for every member over a year ago and it got quite confusing at times. However, I wouldn't really mind if we made a special system for badges. :)

I endorse this proposal—I’ve always been a little disappointed by the lack of member badges. Personally, I’d go for giving the people a choice from a variety of selections—diversity is always more fun--but I wouldn’t be too disappointed if we went for a lesser option.

Whatever happened to that project we had in the works to redo the current badges for staff? I remember Popo made some great improvements on the current moderator badge, but it was never used and the project was more or less abandoned. I think that thread was lost after the server was hacked, but I believe I still have Popo's moderator badge, as well as the section moderator badge I made, saved somewhere on my computer.

I like the idea. I don't think it should be by gender because what if gender isn't set?

I think everyone should be able to choose from a group of avalible badges.

I personally think that this should tie into the whole user group and post count thing. Each member should have a different badge depending on their status. Like ranks. So there would be a badge for people with a certain number of posts/comments. Yes this could cause spam but if people aren't idiots about it trying to get the best rank it could work.

I like the idea. I don't think it should be by gender because what if gender isn't set?

There could always be a gender-neutral option, like Lucius ; )

I personally think that this should tie into the whole user group and post count thing. Each member should have a different badge depending on their status. Like ranks. So there would be a badge for people with a certain number of posts/comments. Yes this could cause spam but if people aren't idiots about it trying to get the best rank it could work.

We just zapped postcounts and ranks.

Edited by VincentASM

No member badges = pips = why were postcounts removed, again?

So, I voted 1-3; all members should have badges. However, the amount of selectable badges should be correspondent to amount of unique badges you can come up.

Male/female/Lucius/horse.

No member badges = pips = why were postcounts removed, again?

Those can easily be removed, so that's not going to pose a problem.

Sounds good, maybe have them correspond with favorite FE?

Gives me the idea of the staff making a member badge for each (official, not fan-made) playable character, but then again that might be a bit too much hassle.

Whatever happened to that project we had in the works to redo the current badges for staff? I remember Popo made some great improvements on the current moderator badge, but it was never used and the project was more or less abandoned. I think that thread was lost after the server was hacked, but I believe I still have Popo's moderator badge, as well as the section moderator badge I made, saved somewhere on my computer.

Between my finals, my computer crashing, and then the site crashing, the project completely fell apart. XD I found an image of the prototype badge sitting on a profile page, but the actually badge file itself was lost.

I asked for this to be brought up though because if I'm going to make badges, I want them to look awesome. I think some new characters and colors would do nicely (Reyson/etc. sort of limits me to pastels and I don't like that!) and I want to see if the general members would like to get badges as well. :3

Gives me the idea of the staff making a member badge for each (official, not fan-made) playable character, but then again that might be a bit too much hassle.

If this get's cleared, I think it'll come down to a vote to select a few characters, but not all. XD

Sounds good, maybe have them correspond with favorite FE?

To keep with the site's layout and theme, they'll most likely be made from FE 9/10 official art. :3

Edited by Popo

Like 400 (more? less?) badges.

No, thanks.

Edited by Tino

Those can easily be removed, so that's not going to pose a problem.

Final destination.

Not worth the trouble.

You already have your avatar for that level of customization.

Edited by Tiena

If this get's cleared, I think it'll come down to a vote to select a few characters, but not all. XD

Fair enough. XD Although, I'm willing to bet money on the fact Lute won't be there. ;_;

Like 400 (more? less?) badges.

No, thanks.

Now that I think about it, it does sound like more trouble than it's worth. And then there's the wonder if even all of them would be used. :unsure:

Fair enough. XD Although, I'm willing to bet money on the fact Lute won't be there. ;_;

Well, again, I think it's going to be all FE 9/10 characters so that the badges match the site. :3 Otherwise, I vote for FE7. :P

Edited by Popo

Now that I think about it, it does sound like more trouble than it's worth. And then there's the wonder if even all of them would be used. :unsure:

They wouldn't. Chances are a few would be naturally far better than most others and, thus, see far more use.

Well, again, I think it's going to be all FE 9/10 characters so that the badges match the site. :3

Good Popo.

You know, I've also seen the option of badges based on member affiliation groups a couple times before, and that would be cool if it could be implemented, but I'm not sure this is really the best place...

You know, I've also seen the option of badges based on member affiliation groups a couple times before, and that would be cool if it could be implemented, but I'm not sure this is really the best place...

In b4 FE4THREAD

Like in FEFF?

In b4 FE4THREAD

Like in FEFF?

I think they might have done something like that, but I've seen it in other places as well. It's mostly just for amusement.

Edited by Le Communard

I did not vote for gender-based badges.

People can very easily set their profiles to be female, even if they are male. You may as allow everyone to mix and match these badges that are, in the end, available to everyone despite gender.