Member Badges

VincentASM

I would like...  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Please select all that apply

• Member badges for all members.
    • Ability to choose one of two member badges according to gender.
    • Ability to choose from a selection of member badges.
    • Screw member badges - only staff should have them!

It doesn't let me vote for none. :/ They look tacky.

It was even worse when everyone had a generic badge by default, so if you absolutely must keep them, please only allow moderators to have them.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't let me vote for none. :/ They look tacky.

It was even worse when everyone had a generic badge by default, so if you absolutely must keep them, please only allow moderators to have them.

Adblock them.

I'd prefer it if there were a bunch anyone could choose from.

Edited by Devil

Neat. Everybody, remember to vote for Garret and Cecil. B)

Haha, no.

Best way for it to be done, IMO is leaving an option for the different lords in the series.

Of course, that's just me.

I believe everyone working on the Serenes Emblem project should have a relevant badge.

In before chain effect.

Haha, no.

Best way for it to be done, IMO is leaving an option for the different lords in the series.

Of course, that's just me.

Lords are boring.

In before chain effect.

Say, if thats going to be the case, I think everyone in the Most Refined Fraternal Lodge of Serenes Forest Secret Society Mumbo Jumbo should have one as well!

Whatever. Just a suggestion. A little recognition for the work we're putting into this thing. But I can take getting shot down. Please continue.

Group icons would be kind of nice to have I suppose. Having more than three badges (one for each gender and one for gender not set) seems like massive overkill. In fact, just having gender-specific badges seems a tad excessive to me.

Does anyone have a picture of the old member badges? I never saw them. :o

No, but it was just Reyson, Leanne, and Rafael. I think that topic got deleted from the hack.

I voted for selections. Variety is better.

I'm always for more choice... so long as it doesn't tax the people in charge of it. I'm sure Tiena remembers full well the problem when you make things like badges or any sort of extra: you make four things, and they're great! Truly remarkable! So you've pleased 60% of the memberbase! But that other 40% isn't happy! In fact, they're downright ornery! So much so that they're going to whine, kick, scream and moan until they get what they want, and if they don't get what they want, they're going to hold their breath, take their ball, and go home!*

My advice is to give as much variety as you can within reason, and tell the 40% to go fuck off.

* In reality, the 40% crowd doesn't go anywhere. In fact, they often don't even last 24 hours before coming back. I know a few members here that justify that statement perfectly. <3

I'm always for more choice... so long as it doesn't tax the people in charge of it. I'm sure Tiena remembers full well the problem when you make things like badges or any sort of extra: you make four things, and they're great! Truly remarkable! So you've pleased 60% of the memberbase! But that other 40% isn't happy! In fact, they're downright ornery! So much so that they're going to whine, kick, scream and moan until they get what they want, and if they don't get what they want, they're going to hold their breath, take their ball, and go home!*

This. You wouldn't believe how whiny parts of the memberbase got when TheEnd kindly provided badges for the "select your member group badges" thing I started after becoming FESS root.

Granted, that all worked out to everyone's more-or-less satisfaction but, as they say, give a mouse a cookie...

That sounds like a neat idea since post count and ranks are gone (for what reason, ill never understand) So i think a little something something to show you actually contribute here would be nice.

This. You wouldn't believe how whiny parts of the memberbase got when TheEnd kindly provided badges for the "select your member group badges" thing I started after becoming FESS root.

Granted, that all worked out to everyone's more-or-less satisfaction but, as they say, give a mouse a cookie...

Which is why I didn't suggest the "make badges, let the memberbase choose" thing.

There will be whining either way, so no need of going through that trouble.

Well, again, I think it's going to be all FE 9/10 characters so that the badges match the site. :3 Otherwise, I vote for FE7. :P

Are the characters on Magical Purple from 10? I had no idea, because I didn't recognize them.

That does bring up the point that making the member badges work well with (or at least avoid clashing with) multiple skins might be difficult. Good luck.

Are the characters on Magical Purple from 10? I had no idea, because I didn't recognize them.

Tinny and Julia are characters from FE4. That's probably why you didn't recognize them.

That does bring up the point that making the member badges work well with (or at least avoid clashing with) multiple skins might be difficult. Good luck.

Perhaps different skins could have different sets of badges.

I don't know.

Which is why I didn't suggest the "make badges, let the memberbase choose" thing.

There will be whining either way, so no need of going through that trouble.

The problem with that line of thinking is that petrification because of a small, impossible to please part of your community ends up stifling any and all innovation and/or motivation. I won't even go 40%; we'll say 15% of the members loudly complain when they don't get their way. So if you're letting 15 out of 100 people decide for you that 85 people don't get perks (for free, at that), then why even bother running a community?