FE8 Hard Type

Defeatist Elitist

Besides chapter 11b, 19 was extremely tough as well. All other chapters were still pretty easy, but the strongly buffed promoted enemies and the lack of sacred twin effective bonus made it interesting. You could certainly insert some stronger weapons for most late game chapters, silver / killer / brave. When I saw those soldiers with brave lances in chapter 8, I thought I would be seeing a lot more of those. Finished the main story tonight, didn't use the tower at all. Next will be Lagdou Ruins.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides chapter 11b, 19 was extremely tough as well. All other chapters were still pretty easy, but the strongly buffed promoted enemies and the lack of sacred twin effective bonus made it interesting. You could certainly insert some stronger weapons for most late game chapters, silver / killer / brave. When I saw those soldiers with brave lances in chapter 8, I thought I would be seeing a lot more of those. Finished the main story tonight, didn't use the tower at all. Next will be Lagdou Ruins.

Thanks a bunch. I'll start changing weapons. I didn't think it would be too hard, but I figured a second opinion would be good, and now I've got it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm about to take on Rausten Court. The challenge has been good so far, and I'm hoping this chapter will tear me and my team apart. Gilliam is performing well as a GK, as is Ephraim, Ross as a Berserker and Lute as a Sage. People not performing as well as I want them to are Amelia and Franz, who are GK and Paladin respectively. Simply struggling to one-round most enemies without Silver weapons. I don't have a lot of Silver weapons. I haven't updated the patch I have for a while, but I hate using Legendary weapons anyway, so I don't.

• 4 weeks later...

I am about to try this out. I hope it is still a challenge if I hack. :D

If not, I won't hack it. :P

EDIT: It says my rom is invalid. That is odd. O.O

EDIT2: I just had to click the "ask" on NUPS, it worked. O.o

Edited by Bryan

What do you mean by hacking? Boosting your own characters' stats? That seems sort of counterproductive in this case.

Yes. I do that in almost every game. O.o I play thorugh it a few times, and then I hack it. If you have seen my "Magic Army Hack" I am going to make an easy, and an immesly hard version, so that I can max my characters stats and still have a challenge.

Franz just died on Lagdou Ruins 10. :(

• 4 weeks later...

I LOVE this patch. Though I had a frustrating moment just now. I wanted to finish off the chapter 4 boss with Ross so he would reach level 10 and promote at the start of chapter 5 but Lute who was to weaken the boss got a crit at her low 2%

Oh well now Lute is level 2 and I feel chapter 5 will be a bitch to reach all villages and recruit Joshua.

As great as Seth is, why the hell is he starting with 24 HP and 7 Def? I know what nerfing is but when Franz at level 1 has a durability of 20 HP and 6 Def, it makes you wonder how much of a Jeigan Seth is really supposed to be in this version.

Fun though. And challenging. I'm only on Normal mode and I'm having problems (enemy gets lucky with the RNG).

EDIT: Seth is seriously scaring me. He can't tank at all anymore.

Edited by Admiral Lifey Crunch

• 2 weeks later...