The 3rd forum skin (WIP)

VincentASM

Forum skins  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion on the dark blue skin (temporary name)?

• I like it, it has potential
    • No thanks, I don't know what you were thinking...
    • No opinion
  2. 2. If you wanted a new skin...

• The separate Ruinous Forest/Cool Blue skins
    • Something completely different
    • Not bothered

In the last poll, the two most popular choices for a new skin were Ruinous Forest and Cool Blue - both were pretty much tied. I'm a lazy bugger so I figured if I'm going to make a new skin, I might as well fuse the two together, somehow.

This is what I'm come up with so far: Sample A / Sample B

(Note: Some of the colours are a bit screwed up - the black text in image B I forgot to recolour)

I must stress that this is still a work in progress. In fact, I just spent like 5 minutes thinking of those colours... However, I think it's fairly close to what I'm imagining for a dark blue skin. I'm no graphics expert though.

This thread is for comments and criticism to improve the skin, as well as a poll to see if I'm on the right track.

Edited by Popo

Out of curiosity, what did Ruinous Forest look like?

The samples look a little stark, but I think if you have more time to refine the color pallet, they should look nice. The biggest problem for me is that that the panel colors are muted and going towards gray, but the links are really vibrant and almost stand out too much. If you could find a balance between the two, it would look pretty sharp. :)

Out of curiosity, what did Ruinous Forest look like?

The samples look a little stark, but I think if you have more time to refine the color pallet, they should look nice. The biggest problem for me is that that the panel colors are muted and going towards gray, but the links are really vibrant and almost stand out too much. If you could find a balance between the two, it would look pretty sharp. :)

I find stark easier on the eyes.

I personally find the dark blue to be perfect and I'd love to use it as my main skin.

But hey, that's just me. :awesome:

I can't say I'm that big of a fan of the color scheme, but I can't really put my finger on it. I guess it just feels too... sixth-grader-picked-these-colors-like. I don't mean that disrespectfully. I think that once you get the foreground colors right and get maybe a few gradients or something in there so it's not so flat it'll look great (the same result can be achieved by following the Magical Purple example of choosing darker colors for the bars between posts), but yeah. It's a good start (I love the background color).

Edited by Crystal Shards

I'm personally not a fan of that colour scheme. I'm really interested in what a Ruinous Forest theme would turn out like, though...

Greys and reds, maybe?

I like it.

However, I also like the sound of Ruinous forest, and if you could cook up a quick sneak peak of that like you did with this sample, it would be much appreciated. :3 I do think just because it's dark doesn't mean it needs to be bland or lack any pop.

Thats odd. I see 18 votes casted, but only 4 show up o__o

I think I'll redo this poll later, with a slightly improved version. I don't know if I still have the Ruinous Forest and Cool Blue samples though. I'll likely have to recreate them from memory.