Member Badges - Female Tiebreaker

Popo

Character for Female Badge  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Character Selection

• Mist
    • Micaiah

Because the margin of win for the female member badge was so narrow, we've decided to have a tiebreaker round between Mist and Micaiah. You have week to vote. :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Micaiah, go!

I just think the girls would get ripped off with Mist, with the guys having the hero of a game and them only having... a healer...

Go Micaiah, go!

I just think the girls would get ripped off with Mist, with the guys having the hero of a game and them only having... his sister...

Bold: fixed for accuracy.

Doesn't sound so lame now, does it?

I voted for Micaiah. While Mist may not be that unsuitable since she's the hero's sister, I like Micaiah better, and I think Micaiah fits a bit better into that main character thing since she's sort-of a lord in FE10.

There are multiple reasons contributing to my firm belief that Micaiah should be the victor of this poll, the least of which being that she won the last poll. Twenty-four is incontrovertibly greater than twenty-three, citing a narrow margin of victory is clearly an excuse for employing improperly subjective analysis, I cannot fathom the existence of any other valid explanation.

Most importantly,

[Radiant Dawn spoilers]

Micaiah is a half Heron branded. In Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawns' lore, Mist's only relation to Serenes Forest was that she had been there once. Micaiah is tied to the place with her flesh and blood,

and as such is a better canonical fit as a member symbol on the Serenes Forest forum. Micaiah also better matches Ike and the Black Knight than does Mist. Where Mist seems to barely have the cognitive capacity to

[Path of Radiance spoilers]

be conscious of the Black Knight's having murdered her father,

[Radiant Dawn spoilers]

Micaiah has multiple dialogues with both Ike and the Black Knight, and during different parts of the story has fought alongside them both.

Micaiah has what one might refer to as top tier relevancy to the story, and for a place in the players' hearts. Mist has what one might refer to as obligatory short skirt but without zettai ryouiki Japanese lolicon sister character relevancy, a beacon for paedophilia; I personally believe one of these should outweigh the other in this particular poll.

As for other similar matters,

[Radiant Dawn spoilers]

In Radiant Dawn, Ike is the most important military figurehead for Crimea as the Black Knight is arguably for Begnion and Micaiah is for Daein.

Mist's only notable accomplishments can be extrapolated from the last sentence of the previous paragraph.

There are still reasons for choosing Micaiah over Mist outside the scope of series' lore. Mist means "crap" in German, a fitting adjective, and "fog" in Dutch and Swedish (which I believe means that those who choose Mist over Micaiah have foggy heads). Micaiah is admittedly a male Biblical name, but at least it sounds feminine and has no synonym with feces. The letters in Mist can be rearranged to say "stim" (which leads me to believe that those who choose Mist over Micaiah must be influenced by artificial stimulants tragically underestimate Micaiah and mistakenly overestimate Mist, merely because of the length of their skirts). Taking a further look at the construction of the characters' names, Ike has three letters, Micaiah has seven, and Black Knight has eleven. These are prime numbers spaced by four (3 - 7 - 11) and are therefore better balanced than the hideous "3 - 4 - 11" pattern, one that makes my eyes bleed, that would result were Mist inducted into the female member badge.

Lastly, in her final tier promotion, Micaiah has a gorgeous cape, just like Ike, the Black Knight, and every other cool character is existence. Mist has a silly scarf. I scoff at her scarf in amusement of its asinine ridiculousness and lack of cape-like qualities.

I hope my having consolidated these important facts will lead you all to make a well informed decision, the correct decision, and vote for the ever sweet Micaiah. ♥

Edited by Wist

I had no intention of emulating anyone, and I had to perform a search with Google to learn what Tedius referred to.

I am disappointed in your decision to sabotage this poll. I would allow Mist to die one thousand times in response to your treachery if doing so required a semblance of effort.

I had no intention of emulating anyone, and I had to perform a search with Google to learn what Tedius referred to.

I am disappointed in your decision to sabotage this poll. I would allow Mist to die one thousand times in response to your treachery if doing so required a semblance of effort.

*gives Wist the glare*

There are still reasons for choosing Micaiah over Mist outside the scope of series' lore. Mist means "crap" in German, a fitting adjective, and "fog" in Dutch and Swedish (which I believe means that those who choose Mist over Micaiah have foggy heads). Micaiah is admittedly a male Biblical name, but at least it sounds feminine and has no synonym with feces. The letters in Mist can be rearranged to say "stim" (which leads me to believe that those who choose Mist over Micaiah must be influenced by artificial stimulants tragically underestimate Micaiah and mistakenly overestimate Mist, merely because of the length of their skirts). Taking a further look at the construction of the characters' names, Ike has three letters, Micaiah has seven, and Black Knight has eleven. These are prime numbers spaced by four (3 - 7 - 11) and are therefore better balanced than the hideous "3 - 4 - 11" pattern, one that makes my eyes bleed, that would result were Mist inducted into the female member badge.

Lastly, in her final tier promotion, Micaiah has a gorgeous cape, just like Ike, the Black Knight, and every other cool character is existence. Mist has a silly scarf. I scoff at her scarf in amusement of its asinine ridiculousness and lack of cape-like qualities.

I hope my having consolidated these important facts will lead you all to make a well informed decision, the correct decision, and vote for the ever sweet Micaiah. ♥

I didn't know how funny you were until I read this. I was gonna vote for Micaiah anyway.

Mist just does look out of place when putted next to the Hero of the Blue Flames Ike and to the strongest of Daeins old generals the Black Knight, so I will have to go with the savior of Daein, Micaiah. That and dark affinity characters are awesome by default.

Personally, I think Mist should get it, because a brother-sister pair seems much more suitable, plus Mist is more visually appealing anyhow (In her radiant dawn art anyhow). Besides, I don't really feel members should be getting MAIN CHARACTER PROTAGONISTS for their badges anyhow. That should usually be given to staff. However, if I have to settle, I'd much rather go with Ike+Mist. It just feels right.

I'd like to note also, that the many choices in the last poll may have taken away from the votes mist or micaiah would have gotten otherwise.

Besides, I don't really feel members should be getting MAIN CHARACTER PROTAGONISTS for their badges anyhow

Well, Telius still has several gods, the dragonking as well as all the other laguz kings and of course the serenes family including Lehran. I think those characters feel quite superior when putted next to someone like Ike so they might be more suitable for staff members anyway.

Edited by BrightBow-User

Mist WILL win this poll, and everyone who voted for her wins at life.

Wist, you failed me. Come on, turn the first letter of your name upside down and you have it right there!

What the hell, I somehow clicked on Micaiah and pressed submit poll. I don't know what came over me o__o

EDIT

Nevermind, you can delete your own vote.

Edited by VincentASM