Most over rated fire emblem character

Oujay

Pair him with Tiltyu and you'll have shitty kids who fail in both might and magic. >_>

You can find plenty of shitty predestined pairings if you look for them, where's the problem? So make him fuck someone else, it ain't complicated.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people saying Ira is overrated...? IMO, Lex is the most overrated character in FE4. Axes suck in FE4 and his inability to double attack without the use of the Hero axe pisses me offone of the shots misses half the time as well. Elite doesn't make up for the amount of suckage time he has in FE4not to mention, that's the main reason people rate him so highly. Pair him with Tiltyu and you'll have shitty kids who fail in both might and magic. >_>

Wow. No.

Ayra's overrated because both she and Holyn kill things. But Holyn has something she doesn't: Durability.

Lex is also a tank. You know, one on wheels and has actual offense, and he's not even that reliant on Hero Axe to function (I know because in my FE4 playthrough I didn't know to get it, he does huge chip damage for others to feed off of).

Why are people saying Ira is overrated...? IMO, Lex is the most overrated character in FE4. Axes suck in FE4 and his inability to double attack without the use of the Hero axe pisses me offone of the shots misses half the time as well. Elite doesn't make up for the amount of suckage time he has in FE4not to mention, that's the main reason people rate him so highly. Pair him with Tiltyu and you'll have shitty kids who fail in both might and magic. >_>

Wow. No.

Ayra's overrated because both she and Holyn kill things. But Holyn has something she doesn't: Durability.

It's barely superior durability. The real reason they're overrated is they don't have horses.

Also Lex is amazing wtf. Monopoly on axes (lol Ardan), Hero and Hand by ch1, and Elite. He doesn't have to do a damn thing to pair with Ayra, which is nice if you just want to get her paired up and out of the way, and he's never a liability. Certainly he'd be overrated if people said he was better than Sigurd or something, but no one would do that.

And Jamka? WTF, nobody overrates Jamka. If anything he's underrated.

Edited by Renall

Oh I forgot. I don't function like you internet-gurus, who's main purpose for owning a computer is to store pictures of boobs.

Of course Lex can pair with Arya, just as he can pair with anybody else, although he won't be able to pass on any weapons to any of his kids, IIRC. o-O

Elite and Minor Neir is basically the only thing he has going for him. I'd assume he was overrated because he's one of the better looking males in the game, but apparently you guys are more focused on comparing people to the Megan Fox of Fire Emblem.

AKA, I didn't know Arya was that popular.

Edited by Eltoshen

When all else fails: call the opposition a nerd

I prefer to declare myself a geek and gain superiority over nerd-type beings.

As for Holyn vs. Aira, while it may be true that Holyn's durability isn't *that* much better, it's still better if both are able to kill. Granted, I don't remember if Holyn is able to kill, but I do remember him being more durable.

Aira is overrated because overkill(Astra/Ryuseiken/Meteor Strike) is beautiful. Holyn has a muchslightly better skill(piercing defenses, fuck yes).

Also Aira is a Lady of War.

Edited by Rei of Nanto

Aira is overrated because overkill(Astra/Ryuseiken/Meteor Strike) is beautiful. Holyn has a muchslightly better skill(piercing defenses, fuck yes).

No, not really.

Lilina... Est hype has gone down but you see it from time to time. One point I thought of Katua overrated (barring FE3 Book 2).

Indeed. Lilina fanboyism is just worse. There's only one thing you need to say for proof of this and that is: Kainmaster.

Edited by Sirius

When Lilina's entire fanbase is comprised of just a single YouTube account and she's still managed to become the most overrated character ever, then that is enough to make me begin writing depressing blog entries.

Edited by Rody

When Lilina's entire fanbase is comprised of just a single YouTube account and she's still managed to become the most overrated character ever, then that is enough to make me begin writing depressing blog entries.

Wow, Rody... Just...wow.

No, not really.

Well, sometimes, yes. Against some heavy armored dudes, but I think that's only it.

They are pretty much the same thing.

No, not really.

Well, sometimes, yes. Against some heavy armored dudes, but I think that's only it.

They are pretty much the same thing.

Yeah, um, activating shooting star with a Hero Sword with 20 chances for a critical > activation of Moonlight Sword. IMO, pairing Arya and Holyn kinda cripples her children, since Shooting Star and Moonlight can't activate at the same time.

Reasons for the above? Mainly since damage is calculated before deducting the enemy's defense.

I don't get why people send Arya out on solo missions, though. She's mainly meant to be a boss killer, if all else fails for your other characters, when you don't want to waste money repairing a Holy Weapon.

Edited by Eltoshen

Yeah, um, activating shooting star with a Hero Sword with 20 chances for a critical > activation of Moonlight Sword.
What if Holyn activates Moonlight Sword with the Hero Sword?
I don't get why people send Arya out on solo missions, though
It's not so much people sending her on solo missions, but the fact that there are characters that exist that can solo that she is inevitably compared to, and thus, will look bad because of poor ability to solo.

And bosses are a joke. You honestly expect dudes that sit on thrones and never be a danger to your people because they don't move to be considered important?

I'm not too sure anymore, actually. I think the activation of the sword skills can occur up to 4 times in one battle (unless you have Duel) and I believe the activation of the skill has to occur before every strike of the sword (for Holyn's case). The same goes for Arya, but it's hard to describe when the skill would activate, due to the excessive attacks, lol (basically after 5 strikes, if Shooting Star activated before her first attack).

Who is she compared to again? Levin, Sigurd, and...uh...? Levin has the Holsety, which makes him broken while Sigurd is probably the best character in first Gen. Some could argue Lachesis, if you actually spend the time to promote her to Master Knight, but I don't see competition coming anywhere else.

And the reason why Arya is ideal for boss killing is because of her Awareness skill. It basically renders the enemy's skills useless (such as Big Shield, which can even block Moonlight Sword). I'm not saying they're difficult, but I'd rather just defeat them quickly rather than smack them around with chippers like Lex (who can barely hit people sitting on thrones, lulz). i sincerely apologize for bringing lex's blue ass into this, but i couldn't help it

So, what I'm getting is that Arya was treated like a God, which makes me understand why you guys thought she was overrated.

Edited by Eltoshen

I can say nothing about the early games, i haven't played them

fe7- lyn, nino, hector (only a little though)

fe8- gerik, trainees (screw you, amelia fanboys), moulder

fe9- ilyana, ike, shinon, neph, tormod

fe10- edward, elencia, royals

fe11- wolf, wendell,

most peg knights (they're so... frail and weak...)

that's just me though

I'm not too sure anymore, actually. I think the activation of the sword skills can occur up to 4 times in one battle (unless you have Duel) and I believe the activation of the skill has to occur before every strike of the sword (for Holyn's case). The same goes for Arya, but it's hard to describe when the skill would activate, due to the excessive attacks, lol (basically after 5 strikes, if Shooting Star activated before her first attack).

Who is she compared to again? Levin, Sigurd, and...uh...? Levin has the Holsety, which makes him broken while Sigurd is probably the best character in first Gen. Some could argue Lachesis, if you actually spend the time to promote her to Master Knight, but I don't see competition coming anywhere else.

And the reason why Arya is ideal for boss killing is because of her Awareness skill. It basically renders the enemy's skills useless (such as Big Shield, which can even block Moonlight Sword). I'm not saying they're difficult, but I'd rather just defeat them quickly rather than smack them around with chippers like Lex (who can barely hit people sitting on thrones, lulz). i sincerely apologize for bringing lex's blue ass into this, but i couldn't help it

So, what I'm getting is that Arya was treated like a God, which makes me understand why you guys thought she was overrated.

Awareness/Nihil does not stop Big Shield in FE4.

The goal isn't to get as many hits possible in a battle. That's only good for combo videos. The goal is to get the enemy dead, and survive numbers of them.
fe11- wolf, wendell
Yet another poster that never actually used Wendell (though Grandjackal did overrate Wendell at one point).

And overrating Zag & Wolf is pretty much impossible at this point.

And the reason why Arya is ideal for boss killing
Bosses are a joke. You honestly expect dudes that sit on thrones and never be a danger to your people because they don't move to be considered important? Edited by Rody

*glares at Reinfleche's post*

Again, who overrates Shinon in FE9? I'd understand if you put him as being overrated in FE10...

Edited by Jonathan Aulin

The goal isn't to get as many hits possible in a battle. That's only good for combo videos. The goal is to get the enemy dead, and survive numbers of them.
And the reason why Arya is ideal for boss killing
Bosses are a joke. You honestly expect dudes that sit on thrones and never be a danger to your people because they don't move to be considered important?

Holyn can't survive numbers of enemies, either. His defense is at most only 4 points ahead of Arya. That can amount to surviving one more attack than Arya, but that's about it. Meanwhile, Arya beats him by the same amount in Speed and Luck.

Also, can I ask that you stop cutting off parts of my post? Especially when I connect them together? I already stated my opinion on the matter in the second part of the post. I'd like to ask that you either quote everything that's in the same paragraph, or stop quoting me completely, as it's beginning to piss me off.

By the way, you seem like you're the type who loves to argue your point until the opposing side just gets sick of you. If that's the case, you've succeeded pretty well, and you troll like no other. Congrats! I'm officially annoyed.

Edited by Eltoshen

Holyn can't survive numbers of enemies, either. His defense is at most only 4 points ahead of Arya. That can amount to surviving one more attack than Arya, but that's about it. Meanwhile, Arya beats him by the same amount in Speed and Luck.

Durability > speed and luck regardless if you're killing anyway. Even if it's surviving only one more attack, that's one less enemy your teammates have to kill, thus more that is getting done.

Are you taking into account Holyn's HP and level lead?

also wow, a trivial amount of avo in a game with 1 RN

Perhaps people get insanely lucky with her. Personally, it's just I find Shooting Star Strike better than Moonlight Slice, as I have some terribad luck, so 5 shots better garuntees me a kill than 1 would. That's just me though...Holyn's indeed tougher, just...Fuck Holyn.

Anyways...

FE1: No one really talks about it, but...Well fuck these guys, the best are just way too good. That being said, Navarre.

FE2: Errr...

FE3: Ryan

FE4: You'd call me crazy if I said Cuan...

FE5: Olwen ;;>>

FE6: Fir Gonzales. Again, personal thing, shitty luck and all.

FE7: I stopped caring a long time ago. Lowen I suppose.

FE8: Everyone's good.

FE9: Soren

FE10: Bleh.

FEDS: Ogma

Also Roddy, the prettiest healer would be Wolf after reclass to druid Sorcerer~<3 Hehheh