• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the following the averages would suck :( :

-My Eliwood would be freaking slow.

-My Lyndis would be freaking weak.

-Florina, same as Lyn.

-Lowen would just be phail.

But the ideal is still very brilliant, I never knew you could re-program the whole game when ASM hacking :blink: .

People used to program entire games in assembly.

It's just not a good idea. Still very possible.

Edit: I just realized how crappy my join date is. :/

Edited by Xeld

-Florina, same as Lyn.

-Eliwood, too slow? His average spd is 23.2 rounded to 23 and his cap is 24... so... I really don't see what you're getting at. XD

-Lyn would have 21.2 str. Round to 21. Her cap is 24... The energy drop from LNM should be enough for her.

-Florina, same thing. Averaging 22.2 str. Her cap is 23...

-Lowen. Lol. You're right. :lol:

@Xeld. :/

Edited by Roxas

Lowen's turning out fine on my run. He's about as tanky as Hector which means he's only losing to Osw1n in durability, and his ATK/AS don't really stand out as awful.

for instance

9 Lowen:

30 HP

9 str

7 skl

9 AS

7 lck

10 def

2 res

11 Eliwood:

26 HP

9 str

10 skl

11 AS

8 def

3 res

11 Hector:

28 HP

13 str

8 skl

8 AS

6 lck

13 def

2 res

13 Osw1n:

31 HP

15 str

10 skl

6 AS

4 lck

16 def

4 res

Edited by Joker

But the following the averages would suck :( :

-Florina, same as Lyn.

According to the tier list, only Lyn (Florina is likely being used as utility) is having problems out of this group. You have a very distorted perspective on stats.

In case you're all curious, the formula for how much your stat goes up when leveling is

((int)((nextLevel * growth * 167772) / 16777216) - (int)((currentLevel * growth * 167772) / 16777216))

For those of you who know nothing of programming, (int) means you only take the integer part before the decimal. To be precise though, it doesn't even need to be there because the data type is already integer.

If you're leveling up from 3 to 4, nextLevel would be 4 and currentLevel would be 3.

If a growth is, for example, 80%, the number in place of "growth" would just be 80.

-Florina, same as Lyn.

-Eliwood, too slow? His average spd is 23.2 rounded to 23 and his cap is 24... so... I really don't see what you're getting at. XD

-Lyn would have 21.2 str. Round to 21. Her cap is 24... The energy drop from LNM should be enough for her.

-Florina, same thing. Averaging 22.2 str. Her cap is 23...

-Lowen. Lol. You're right. :lol:

@Xeld. :/

MY average Eliwood nearly always caps Spd at LVL 20 unpromoted, in averages he has 14 Spd at that lvl, always has +15 Str, 15 Skill, High Res and slighly better Def.

My Florina always has +15 Str too and Higher Res.

And my Lowen ends up more tankier but with higher stats all-aroun too.

Dibujo.jpg

But...PEXP.

Edited by soul1112

MY average Eliwood nearly always caps

I don't think you understand how stats work. Either that or you don't understand some other part.

This is one cool hack.

-Florina, same as Lyn.

According to the tier list, only Lyn (Florina is likely being used as utility) is having problems out of this group. You have a very distorted perspective on stats.

Yeah, my mistake, sorry, Florina nor Lyn are "freaking weak", I'm just saying...if the level ups in this hack follow up averages more precisely then my Lyn and Floriba would be weaker than my own average characters...that's it.

The rest is great, actually.

I got bored and wrote an app to output the stat ups.

Joker/Tony says that he saw a stat up during the level from 19 to 20, but it's not possible.

Promote at 19, kids. Or go play the original game. Whichever.

Edited by Xeld

Question: did you take into account stat-up items? For example, if I give Lyn an Energy Ring, does she refuse to increase Str until she's back at her average, or does the game now treat her average as 2 higher?

Also, do you take requests on other games to perform the Tony Surgery on or is this a one-time deal?

Question: did you take into account stat-up items? For example, if I give Lyn an Energy Ring, does she refuse to increase Str until she's back at her average, or does the game now treat her average as 2 higher?

I've used statups and I can confirm that it just treats their averages as higher.

And I asked him about doing this for FE6, he said "maybe".

Edited by Joker

The formula is unaffected by stat up items (Tony clarified this better; basically, any items you use will not be wasted). Afa's drops works the same way it always has.

As for requests, it depends on how much energy and wanton disregard I have at the moment.

Leveling up from 19 to 20 is not recommended, but if enough people care I can change the level cap from 20 to 21 (it's only one byte). Leveling from 20->21 raises all stats that have a growth of 0 or higher, which will be the case with Afa's drops (the growth values in the formula will already have the Afa's drops bonus added to them by the time the calculation takes place).

This is why the formula calculates how much to add to the stat instead of what to change it to (which is what the original formula would have done; the original formula I came up with was "base + (level * growth)" which you can probably imagine has all kinds of problems).

Edited by Xeld

Actually, the game I wanted to request is FE4, since it has such a screwy RNG when it comes to level-ups, and it also could definitely use a way to make RNG-based events different without engaging in some kind of battle. But I can understand if you don't want to or can't.

At the moment I don't have the resources I'd need for any of that.

I know a bit of 65816 and can learn assembly languages in 2 seconds given a link to an instruction set's documentation and an assembler to play with, so it's only an issue of resources.

I also am not familiar with the tools that would work best for debugging/disassembling/assembling 65816 code (if I was I'd probably have them and then I'm sure you can guess what the last piece of the puzzle would be).

Edited by Xeld

This looks really good. ;) If you did this to Fe6 I would definitely play it, especially since the RNG is so retarded in it. <_<

PEXP means nothing <_< .

Also, is that what they refer to a "Binary Hack"? You know...in FE4 I've seen a few hack that go by that description or title.

This looks really good. ;) If you did this to Fe6 I would definitely play it, especially since the RNG is so retarded in it. <_<

PEXP means nothing <_< .

Also, is that what they refer to a "Binary Hack"? You know...in FE4 I've seen a few hack that go by that description or title.

Most likely it was a reference to a hack made by the FE Binary group, the most well-known of them being RM.