FE5 Translation Patch

BBM

Not sure if this is the right place, but... Anyways, my problem is that when I patch my FE5 ROM, when I try to move a character, after I tell it to move to a specific spot, it freezes. I've tried restarting, tried restarting and moving different characters, but it always freezes. However, it only happens if I patch it. If I don't, it works perfectly, except I can't understand anything. I'm using the patch which is this forum says is the best, and I'm using ZSNES.

Should I use a different patch, a different ROM, or a different emulator?

Did you hard patch it or soft patch it?

It's patched so it doesn't matter what method you use to patch it.

Do you know if your ROM has a header? You can check using a Hex Editor or some ROM utilities. That's the probably the issue.

EDIT

You should read the very bottom of the first post of this topic. I just added it now. Hopefully it makes sense o__o

Edited by VincentASM

Did you hard patch it or soft patch it?

It's patched so it doesn't matter what method you use to patch it.

Do you know if your ROM has a header? You can check using a Hex Editor or some ROM utilities. That's the probably the issue.

EDIT

You should read the very bottom of the first post of this topic. I just added it now. Hopefully it makes sense o__o

Right. I made three copies of the ROM, and patched it with all 3 patches. The HRom was the only that worked. For the other two, the screen simply went black, and it wouldn't start up. So I'm guessing it has a header. How do you remove a header?