I dunno if it fits...

Sevensins

This is directed toward vincentASM, since from wht I've gathered(mostly fro mthe site and Zeld), he/she was the one who gathered the information for growths and the like. From hexediting the "FE10Data," I have found the entries for some characters, much like I used to do with pre-FE9 games. however, it would appear that the Resistance stat is either wrong in some places(not too likely), or at an entirely different entry. That said, since I've no skill in anything but reading walls of text, there doesn't seem to be much of an alternative to hexediting.

I was wondering if you, or anyone else here, could shed some light on the subject, or point me somewhere else, where I could find what I'm looking for o__o

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the Resistance stat is in the correct place. The stats follow the in-game order, unlike in the GBA games, i.e Luck is inbetween Speed and Defence stats, instead of being after Resistance.

The obvious thing I can think of is are you editing the FE10Data.cms file? The reason why I ask is because it's a compressed file.

I'm pretty sure the Resistance stat is in the correct place. The stats follow the in-game order, unlike in the GBA games, i.e Luck is inbetween Speed and Defence stats, instead of being after Resistance.

The obvious thing I can think of is are you editing the FE10Data.cms file? The reason why I ask is because it's a compressed file.

I figured that out relatively quick. Since it's a compressed file, it would explain why resistance is there in some places, correct, but not others.

It's ...the first thing I found, actually, that had any semblance of growth data. I DID manage to make growth changes, as shown in this picture http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb76/Tr...icture2-6-1.png

But not much else, other than documenting which entries had them >.>;

Is there an easier way? @_@

You can decompress the file, but it's only useful for recording since you can't re-compress it.

The tools can be found here (for the record, they were made by DarkTwilkitri for FE9 and the GBA FEs, but they work for FE10 as well).

Just run the decms.exe file (with the fegabdc.exe file in the same directory) to decompress any cms files.

BTW, how much detail are you intending to look into? There's quite a lot of things that I can tell you, but I don't know if they're relevant to your studies ^^;;;

For instance, I have pretty much all the character, item and class data mapped. Also it's pretty trivial to look into any basic file, such as the chapter roster files. The only problem is that everything I've done is purely theoretical.

Also, it's entirely possibly that editing some of these files won't do anything at all. I had that happen in FE9 a couple of times (I figured out why one file didn't anything, but that's about it).

Edited by VincentASM

You can decompress the file, but it's only useful for recording since you can't re-compress it.

The tools can be found here (for the record, they were made by DarkTwilkitri for FE9 and the GBA FEs, but they work for FE10 as well).

Just run the decms.exe file (with the fegabdc.exe file in the same directory) to decompress any cms files.

BTW, how much detail are you intending to look into? There's quite a lot of things that I can tell you, but I don't know if they're relevant to your studies ^^;;;

For instance, I have pretty much all the character, item and class data mapped. Also it's pretty trivial to look into any basic file, such as the chapter roster files. The only problem is that everything I've done is purely theoretical.

Also, it's entirely possibly that editing some of these files won't do anything at all. I had that happen in FE9 a couple of times (I figured out why one file didn't anything, but that's about it).

I was just going to mess around in FE10 since I beat it already, with characters who have max stats, by changing their growths after documenting where they'd be >.>; However, I could use the decompressed files to see what I can do to...go around the compression, so to speak, and still hve a usable file. Thank you :D

Hmm, how can I help there...

Well, here's part of the file where I documented the growths for a start. It might help to identify where you are. The characters are in the order of appearance in the FE10Data file.

Link

They all use the internal names though. Also, you can ignore the value before each name (I thought it might be the character ID (like in FE9), but I kind of left it when I found what seemed to be duplicates).

Not sure if it'll be helpful though ^^;;;

I believe this is all being done on a computer, including the actual playing of the game using an emulator. Am I right?

There's no such thing as a Wii emulator AFAIK (at least a working one anyway).

Vincent ASM and sevensins could you teach me how to change stat growths?

This seams interesting.

PS:I passed the game so dont think im doing this as a last resort 0_0

Well, to enjoy the results of hacking, I think you'll need a modded Wii- so that it can play Wii games burned onto a regular DVD disk. You'll also need to download a FE10 disk image (i.e similar to a ROM or ISO).

If both of those can be fulfilled, I can help.

Were the growth rates stored in the RAM in any FE game? I wouldn't think it would ever be a good idea, especially since growth rates are more or less always fixed.

Anyway, I looked for Ike and Micaiah's growths in a savefile and couldn't find anything, if that means anything.

Well save file hacking is kind of very limited. You can only change things like displayed character stats, but not the actual growths, weapon stats, class stats and those kind of things.

However, if that's all you're looking for, it should be possible to hack them. I haven't really tried though, seeing as I don't have a Wii, but it can't be too difficult... right?

Anyway, do you have the means to transfer a savefile onto your computer? The SDGecko that Celice mentioned might be relevant now.

Is there a way to hack a save file?Because I dont want to risk modding the Wii.

There's really no risk in modding a wii nowadays, especially with this "wiiclip" thing going around. In my day we had to use a soldering iron...;_;

Either way, yeah, it's a wii iso, trucha signer, and modded wii. I know next to nothing about how streaming RAM with the SD Gecko would work, but I know Zeld is working on something to that effect, even if it's already been done v_V

Is there a way of hacking a game save with a hex editor?

Sorry if im being to specific:(

"Hacking" a save file should be possible, yes. I haven't tried it myself, but VincentASM knows what he's talkin' about.

I seem to remember something about a hexeditor homebrew app for the wii...

...Mmm.

Just for the record, you can copy/paste unencrypted save files with a few homebrew programs. All you need is Twilight Princess, an internet connection, and an SD card. There's some tutorials around, but GBAtemp is where I recommend you look.