FE10: Radiant Dawn Hacking Notes

VincentASM

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ! I've found how to modify the value ! It's awesome ! But, now, i'm in front of a new problem ! 

image.thumb.png.4f51ed4b4d716fa0c27c5bcf5d39bffb.png

As you can see in my screen, I don't know how to modify also the number 1. You know, it is always stuck in "1/255", and when I use it, obviously, it's disappear ! 

Thanks you again for the person who will help me ! 

And sorry for my english, i'm french ^^ 

Did you have those items before you changed how many uses it had? if so, it already is in memory that you only have one use left. get another one and see what happens if you didn't.

I'm not all that great at this, so sorry if what i'm saying doesn't make that much sense.

Sure, if you need anything else, Let me know, i'll see what I can do. I have decent experience hacking Radiant Dawn, so I've been there before. It didn't cause any other item uses to raise, did it?

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Sure, if you need anything else, Let me know, i'll see what I can do. I have decent experience hacking Radiant Dawn, so I've been there before. It didn't cause any other item uses to raise, did it?

Can you find out if the thief class promotes?

10 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Yes ! It was the reason ! It was so obvious xD Yeah, I just need the ID of Kezhda, please!

And I have a problem, how can we replace a character by another one ? I was trying to replace for example, Fiona by Zelgius, but when i'm putting the right class AND the right portrait, the game doesn't run :/

8 hours ago, NobleSang said:

Yes ! It was the reason ! It was so obvious xD Yeah, I just need the ID of Kezhda, please!

And I have a problem, how can we replace a character by another one ? I was trying to replace for example, Fiona by Zelgius, but when i'm putting the right class AND the right portrait, the game doesn't run :/

Replacing characters isn't as simple as changing item uses, sadly. It might be because the way the events are set up. they need Fiona there and if she isn't, it freezes the game.

12 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Can you find out if the thief class promotes?

They are set to premote to Rogues, from what I can see.

Accidental double post.

Edited by lightcosmo

33 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I thought so, thank you for confirming it.

You're welcome. I'm not too sure why they have thief considering it's used like five times in-game but oh well.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Replacing characters isn't as simple as changing item uses, sadly. It might be because the way the events are set up. they need Fiona there and if she isn't, it freezes the game.

So did you know how to do it, please ? ^^'

I was doing it with a NTSC-U version of the game, and with the cheats (made by Goldiex39), and it was working (but when we arrived at the end of the part 3, when you have to make the three teams, the character disappear) ^^

12 hours ago, NobleSang said:

Sorry if you mean his PID, it's at 32530 in the data file. Also, they might disappear because the games runs an all unit check for the team swapping. Since they dont exist normally, the game skips them I think, so it's like they get removed. This is just me guessing I don't honestly know.

Edited by lightcosmo

3 minutes ago, NobleSang said:

Thanks, lightcosmo ! It's nice to know it ! :D

Sure, happy to help however I can! Sorry I cant help more, honestly.

Edited by lightcosmo

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You're welcome. I'm not too sure why they have thief considering it's used like five times in-game but oh well.

Its possible they intended the player to get more tier 1 classes? Personally I think thief makes sense.

Bandit is the weird one I think, because there is no Berserker?

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sure, happy to help however I can! Sorry I cant help more, honestly.

Okay, you did a lot for me ! Thanks you, i'm gonna try to find by myself how to change correctly the characters ^^ 

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Its possible they intended the player to get more tier 1 classes? Personally I think thief makes sense.

Bandit is the weird one I think, because there is no Berserker?

I assume they have bandit because it's in most Fire Emblem games, so it's more like a consistency thing.

2 hours ago, NobleSang said:

Okay, you did a lot for me ! Thanks you, i'm gonna try to find by myself how to change correctly the characters ^^ 

Oh, good luck then!

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I've been having an issue while working on my FE10 randomizer, and I was hoping someone else could possibly help out here. For some reason, the inventories of certain enemy fighters on maps keep getting their inventories scrambled. If I randomize the stats of each weapon, it ends up being a weird scrambled unusable mystery weapon (usually with a name made of symbols or Japanese characters), which sometimes (but not usually) crashes the game when viewed. If I leave weapons alone, however, they turn into perfectly valid weapons, albeit extremely powerful lategame ones that the enemies shouldn't even be capable of using, but somehow are. The weirdest thing about all of this, though, is that the randomizer doesn't even touch enemies or enemy inventories, which makes this all the more baffling.

I've attached both a randomized FE10Data and dispos file (bmap0102/dispos_n.bin) demonstrating this issue, if someone could help me figure out what's going on, I would greatly appreciate it.

FE10Data.cms.decompressed

dispos_n.bin

Edited by Missing-qry