Best Character

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Sword Master: Joshua. No comment. -_- He kills like a machine. Critical all the way, especially when he holds the Killing Egde.

Best Falcon Knight: Tana + Vanessa with Killer Lance or Spear.

Best Paladin: Franz also with killer lance( Amelia is fine, too. And Seth.)

Best Sage: Saleh with Elfire( Lute-chan is OK, too. :D)

Best Bishop: Artur with Shiney~

Best Valkyrie: Natasha with Shine/Fortify or Recover.(L'Arachel is the second choice)

Best Rogue: I say Colm. With Killing Egde.

Best Sniper: Innes with Silver Bow( Neimi is good, too. :3)

Best Hero: Gerik, one deadly killer. :awesome:

Best Druid: Ewan with Fux, or Nosferatu(10 times better than Knoll =P)

Best Armor Unit: Duessel.(Because I don't use Gilliam)

Best Lord: Ephraim because he maxes Str, Skl, Spd easily~! (Eirika is the second choice because she maxes at Skl, Spd, Luk)

Best Sword Master: Marisa. No comment. -_- She kills like a machine. Critical all the way, she dodges everything wit that Luck. :awesome:

Best Sage: Lute with any weapon ( Ewan is OK, too. :D)

Best Bishop: Natasha with Shiney, she dodges everything~

Best Valkyrie: L'Arachel with Shine/Fortify or Recover.

Best Rogue: I say Rennac. With Killing Egde.

Best Assassin: Colm. Kills everything with a killing edge. And don't even mention the Shamshir...

Best Sniper: Neimi with Silver Bow.

Best Hero: Gerik, one deadly killer. :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Best Druid: Ewan. In different routes you could make him a Druid/Summoner.

Best Armor Unit: Duessel. (Because I don't use Gilliam)

Best Lord: Ephraim because he maxes Str, Skl, Spd easily~! (Eirika is the second choice because she maxes at Skl, Spd, Luk)

Fix'd.

Edited by Soul

Best Sword Master: Marisa. No comment. -_- She kills like a machine. Critical all the way, she dodges everything wit that Luck. :awesome:

Best Sage: Lute with any weapon ( Ewan is OK, too. :D)

Best Bishop: Natasha with Shiney, she dodges everything~

Best Valkyrie: L'Arachel with Shine/Fortify or Recover.

Best Rogue: I say Rennac. With Killing Egde.

Best Assassin: Colm. Kills everything with a killing edge. And don't even mention the Shamshir...

Best Sniper: Neimi with Silver Bow.

Best Hero: Gerik, one deadly killer. :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Best Druid: Ewan. In different routes you could make him a Druid/Summoner.

Best Armor Unit: Duessel. (Because I don't use Gilliam)

Fix'd.

Joshua>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marisa always.

Seth is the obvious realistic answer, but I personally prefer Joshua since he's a pretty decent attacker and has awesome dodge.

As for Marisa... Marisa is at the same level 7 chapters later (on Eph mode), and will never really catch up without favoritism. People who think Marisa>Joshua with or without PE are simply wrong.

Edited by Reinfleche

Best Sword Master: Joshua. No comment. -_- He kills like a machine. Critical all the way, especially when he holds the Killing Edge. Nothing wrong here, except how you spelled edge.

Best Falcon Knight: Tana + Vanessa with Killer Lance or Spear. Wyvern Knights are a better option. Pierce + Critical.

Best Paladin: Franz also with killer lance( Amelia is fine, too. And Seth.) Seth here, you are going by average stats not by utility. Franz is the runner up.

Best Sage: Saleh with Elfire( Lute-chan is OK, too. :D) Saleh is weaker, if you are going to call Franz the best paladin at least be honest and say Ewan or Lute, Lute gets a 30 MAG cap.

Best Bishop: Artur with Shiney~ Never use Ivaldi.

Best Valkyrie: Natasha with Shine/Fortify or Recover.(L'Arachel is the second choice) L'Arachel will turn out amazing with effort.

Best Rogue: I say Colm. With Killing Edge. Works. I prefer assassins although I do understand Rogues are better utility wise.

Best Sniper: Innes with Silver Bow( Neimi is good, too. :3) Neither are worth much when it comes down to it, Ranger works much better with close range weapon avaliability and Gerik would fill.

Best Hero: Gerik, one deadly killer. :awesome: Correct.

Best Druid: Ewan with Fux, or Nosferatu(10 times better than Knoll =P) Correct. Knoll can get a critical from anything.

Best Armor Unit: Duessel.(Because I don't use Gilliam) Amelia can be a GK or General. Why generalize here but nowhere else?

Best Lord: Ephraim because he maxes Str, Skl, Spd easily~! (Eirika is the second choice because she maxes at Skl, Spd, Luk) Erika doesn't cap luck, but she does have a 30 speed cap.

Joshua> Marisa.

As for Marisa... Marisa is at the same level 7 chapters later (on Eph mode), and will never really catch up without favoritism. People who think Marisa>Joshua with or without PE are simply wrong.

Marisa isn't bad when her Avo is better than Joshua's (If trained), just look at her Luck, it's like comparing Fir & Rutger (With a little more Luck).

"BRB, doubling everything"

She certainly is, as BK also doubted enemies have AS, especially monsters.

Joshua> Marisa.

Marisa isn't bad when her Avo is better than Joshua's (If trained), just look at her Luck, it's like comparing Fir & Rutger (With a little more Luck).

"BRB, doubling everything"

She certainly is, as BK also doubted enemies have AS, especially monsters.

Joshua

"BRB, doubling everything and actually killing at a good rate."

Monster AS = 0.O_O

Yes it happens often, and by the time you get Marisa.

Well, that happens when you come so early and already probably promoted by that time.

She could still wait at those trees which her decent Avo enough as to avoid getting Hit by REVENANTS but their lolskill and lolspd.

Gerik and Ephraim are the complete characters. Ephraim in general and Audhulma Gerik are even okay against magic. Apart from that, Ross, Seth and GK Forde. Forde has never gone wrong for me, even though the caps don't fit him that well.

Dozla was fun to use too, even though he was, uhm, pretty mediocre. Nothing a Brave Axe couldn't fix.

Seth is good but come on guys! You know he gets outclassed eventually right? Hes still decent but...(he does beat out alot of melee units in the Res department though)

Tana is great.

I dunno. Really i dont. Just about anyone in that game can be pretty cool with a little love. But Joshua definitely comes to mind.

(and i just remembered, this playthrough i spaced on getting the Metis tome! ARGH!)

Seth is good but come on guys! You know he gets outclassed eventually right? Hes still decent but...(he does beat out alot of melee units in the Res department though)

Tana is great.

I dunno. Really i dont. Just about anyone in that game can be pretty cool with a little love. But Joshua definitely comes to mind.

(and i just remembered, this playthrough i spaced on getting the Metis tome! ARGH!)

1. No he doesn't. Throughout the ENTIRE game, he remains a great unit. He WTFRAPES earlygame, then tears through the midgame, then finishes off, still, as one of your best units. Nobody else can match that claim except maybe Franz, and even then, Blondie defensive issues outside of his SPD. Even as Seth's defense falters later on, this is entirely made up for in the form of WTFANIMA. So yeah. He pretty much breaks the game. Like, Sedgar/Wolf breaks the game.

2. No she is not. Compare her to the VASTLY superior Vanessa.

a) Vanessa has base 11 SPD/60% growth and not one, but TWO anima supports in the form of Moulder and Lute. And since you'll be restricting Vanessa until she gets those supports up (Same with Lute even), they benefit from HER anima bonuses as well. Tana has... Wind. lulz. Not to mention wtfterrible supports compared to Vanessa; Ephraim, who wants Duessel/Kyle, lolSyrene, Cormag with an AMAZING 0+2 speed, lolInnes, Eirika who wants Seth, and lolMarisa. Not to mention the same base STR and DEF as Franz. Not to mention you'll be getting her after Vanessa by a large SEVEN chapter margin. And with Vanessa actually having great growths outside of DEF (lol20%), she'll QUICKLY surpass Tana.

B) A big part of Tana's argument is how she'll end up better than Vanessa. And this might be true, since Tana wins in everything except SKL and RES. However, with the time you get in using Vanessa plus her WTFsupports, earlygame flying utility, etc, she'll be MILES away better than Tana.

c) Did you know that Tana is capping STR and SPD at 20/19 and 20/12? Those might be attractive features for a flier, but Vanessa is not only capping SKL and SPD, but she'll beat Tana in STR with her supports, so Tana's "STR lead" is negated entirely. Unless you prefer supporting her with one of her supports, but that just takes the quality away from either Tana herself (lolMarisa) or another character (Ephraim).

3. Joshua is okay. Gerik is WAY better though. Comes late and unpromoted, sure, but his bases beat nearly all of Joshua's. He even has base 14 STR, which only PROMOTED characters have. As well as base 10 DEF which is tied AND beaten only by prepromotes and Cormag. Basically, his bases are fucking amazing while Joshua leaves something to be desired; base 5 DEF? base 24 HP? lolwind? Sure, 8 STR isn't bad and 14 SPD is wtfoverkill, but when you get a unit that surpasses that AND with a better affinity AND a better promotion AND slightly better growths; well, you get a lategame unit who is not only capable of taking care of himself unlike other units (Marisa and Ewan say hi) but can grow even STRONGER because of his low level.

Tana is great.

1. No he doesn't. Throughout the ENTIRE game, he remains a great unit. He WTFRAPES earlygame, then tears through the midgame, then finishes off, still, as one of your best units. Nobody else can match that claim except maybe Franz, and even then, Blondie defensive issues outside of his SPD. Even as Seth's defense falters later on, this is entirely made up for in the form of WTFANIMA. So yeah. He pretty much breaks the game. Like, Sedgar/Wolf breaks the game.

Even without supports, Seth is made of pure death. I know Personal Experience Means Nothing, but mine took a Steel Lance, an Iron Lance and a Javelin and took the entire right flank by himself in Selena's level.

Edited by The Ferret Whisperer

Tana is great.

Even without supports, Seth is made of pure death. I know Personal Experience Means Nothing, but mine took a Steel Lance, an Iron Lance and a Javelin and took the entire right flank by himself in Selena's level.

Mine soloed the final chapter with only an Iron Sword and Javelin on Hard Mode.

• 3 weeks later...

Seth is the best character in this game. Only Franz can come close, and he still loses quite obviously.

Starting off that powerful compared to everyone else and maintaining that lead virtually forever is insane.

I really can't answer this. Most of the units in this game are worth using. Seth is the best until the end, and even then he's not your worst, which is mostly true for prepromotes, but I'm NOT going to say he's the best because he is stealing exp through the entire game and that's just plain annoying to me. Taking that into account, I'm going to say, Vanessa.

How is he stealing EXP?

Team A: Franz, Moulder, Eirik, Vanessa, Ross

Team B: Franz, Moulder, Eirik, Vanessa, Seth

How is one team making better use of the EXP? Yes, Ross gains way more when he kills, but the team with Seth on it is significantly more powerful and Seth getting the kills would have doesn't detract from what the others are getting.

Experience thieves are created by poor tacticians.

How is he stealing EXP?

Team A: Franz, Moulder, Eirik, Vanessa, Ross

Team B: Franz, Moulder, Eirik, Vanessa, Seth

How is one team making better use of the EXP? Yes, Ross gains way more when he kills, but the team with Seth on it is significantly more powerful and Seth getting the kills would have doesn't detract from what the others are getting.

Experience thieves are created by poor tacticians.

I don't think power is an issue in this game, Seth is by no means necessary. And Seth gets less exp for kills. If I was going to use Seth, I would bench him until the enemies get buffed up so he can gain legitimate exp.

You didn't address my actual point.

Despite Ross gaining way more EXP, the team with Seth on it is significantly stronger and always will be.

So...who cares if he's gaining very little EXP? 20/10 Seth slaughters 10/20/1 Ross anything even later on and Seth was gdlk earlier.

The point of Seth is his earlygame power. Saving him for later defeats that purpose.