Best promotions.

RWB

She seriously only had FOUR CON as a sage. I guess I never realized she was 6.

That is sad. When I play on an emulator, I make her a dark mage. (Replace Anima with Dark.) :/ I have to buff her con.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Body Ring from the CH15 usually goes to Lute.

Despite my Sacred weapons OOC I actually rarely use anything besides the cheapest weapons. XD

So Lute really doesn't have to worry much if she's just using Fire tomes all the time.

And a crapload of Javelin.

That Body Ring from the CH15 usually goes to Lute.

Despite my Sacred weapons OOC I actually rarely use anything besides the cheapest weapons. XD

So Lute really doesn't have to worry much if she's just using Fire tomes all the time.

And a crapload of Javelin.

Heheh >_>

And personally I prefer Mage Knight for Lute seeing as Sage's 30 magic cap is just utter and complete overkill. Also, it gets her some much-needed con to offset her low con. And part of that is due to me being indecisive with stat boosters.

She's going to cap Mag either way.

30 Mag is actually not horribly overkill when the only thing you ever use is Fire, though. Not even Thunder. Just Fire. Still very powerful, but Fire is a pretty weak spell.

I'm just cheap.

IDK. Despite my usual mounted-unit favoritism I don't like mounted magic units in SS. Mainly because they still have no movement.

She's going to cap Mag either way.

30 Mag is actually not horribly overkill when the only thing you ever use is Fire, though. Not even Thunder. Just Fire. Still very powerful, but Fire is a pretty weak spell.

I'm just cheap.

IDK. Despite my usual mounted-unit favoritism I don't like mounted magic units in SS. Mainly because they still have no movement.

I prefer Thunder. Mainly because D rank is as far as I'm willing to go with magic (C rank and above is where tome weights start getting obscene). And at the bold: Um... What? >_>

He's referring to the 7 move Mage Knights/Valks.

On many maps, promoting Lute to MK actually hurts her movement. C15, maybe C17, and C20 are all very unfriendly to mounted units, and she's only getting +1 move over Sage.

Bold: I fail to see how 2 maps count as "many" because Chapter 17 doesn't look THAT terrain-heavy, if you ask me. >_>

Edited by Richter Renard

Hm... I may not remember correctly, but MK is 6 move as well, no? I had her has MK on one playthrough, and she moved as many spaces as she would as a Sage. Though that was a while ago, so I may not remember correctly.

On FE6 and 7 Troubadours start with 7 move unpromoted. I feel like mounted magic units' movements has been nerfed in SS. Oh well.

Fire is cheaper than Thunder, though. And only about a point or two less Mt.

Still. CH15 is annoying as hell with mounted units. While unmounted mages use their full range of movement. Win. Them and my Fliers. I couldn't get my Paladin army anywhere (overstatement, but still), but since I had no mounted mages they had no issues going around killing things.

Hm... I may not remember correctly, but MK is 6 move as well, no? I had her has MK on one playthrough, and she moved as many spaces as she would as a Sage. Though that was a while ago, so I may not remember correctly.

On FE6 and 7 Troubadours start with 7 move unpromoted. I feel like mounted magic units' movements has been nerfed in SS. Oh well.

Fire is cheaper than Thunder, though. And only about a point or two less Mt.

Still. CH15 is annoying as hell with mounted units. While unmounted mages use their full range of movement. Win. Them and my Fliers. I couldn't get my Paladin army anywhere (overstatement, but still), but since I had no mounted mages they had no issues going around killing things.

MK has 7 move. As for the desert...

15.png

The stretch of desert right below Jehanna Hall and the stretch of desert near the village aren't as time-costly to traverse.

(BTW, I mean traveling vertically.)

Edited by Richter Renard

Even so, it's like your entire non-magical/flying portion of your team has been reduced to armor knights. Except with much less defense.

IDK. I had a lot of paladins on my team due to my blatant paladin favoritism. So it was quite annoying.

The chapter itself wasn't hard though. Then again, nothing really is in SS.

Franz: Paladin because he has the speed for it

Vannesa: Wyvern Knight Extra speed and pierce FTW

Moulder: Bishop if you want to use him for the monsters

Ross: Berserker he gets more speed and strength and can Crit anything

Garcia: Warrior he isnt fast enough for a Hero

Colm: Assasain he can silence more often then the other two

Nieme: Sniper she rarely gets the strength to be a Ranger

Lute: Sage no reason needed

Joshua: Swordmaster it suits his growth

Natasha: Bishop the monsters in this game are anoying

Kyle: Great knight he has alot of strength

Forde: Paladin not much Strength

Tana: Wyvern knight See vennesa

Amelia: Paladin she will cap everything as a general but she needs to keep up

Knoll: Summoner he cant really do anything by himself

Gerik: Hero Axe > Bow

Marisa: Swordmaster she needs the strength

Ewan: Sage he has the speed for it

Cormag: Wyvern Lord he doesnt have the res for Wyvern knight

i think thats everyone

• 8 years later...

Gilliam- General- Best Tank ever! Plus GK have terrible movements for being mounted. 

Forde- Paladin- His speed/skill is his best feature and Movement is crucial for rescues/ running away and healing.

Kyle- Great Knight- Face it, this guys not going to be great at avoid-tanking. Just give his the extra defense and access to axes.

Franz-Either or- Depends on what you need when you are able to promote him.

Vanessa-Falconknight- High avoidance + high resistance+high movement+physical damage= mage killer. Wyvern knights are just paladins that can go over mountains. And goodness knows I have access to all the paladins I need. 

Tana-Falconknight- See Vanessa

Moulder-Bishop- Simply for the last level in the Lagdou Ruins. Having an army of Bishops is awesome.

Artur- See Moulder

Natasha- See Moulder

Lute- Mage Knight- I like to have a long range magic user. Plus I can get good Sages elsewhere.

Ewan-Sage- This is the good Sage that I got elsewhere.

Ross- Warrior- Bows, period. Plus water walking, what, one space doesn't do much for  a Berzerker when compared to flying units (with Swords!). 

Garcia- Either- I don't really use him

Gerik- Ranger- High movement and Bows. For when I want someone to keep up with and kill flying units. 

Neimi- Ranger- High movement and Bows and you get Innes later on. 

L'Arachel- Valkyrie- High movement healer that can go where needed in a pinch. Master Stave user.

Amelie-Paladin- Good stats.. and I value high movement. What can I say?

Marisa- Swordmaster- The sprite looks cooler. Okay, okay, it's for the higher crit. Silencer is too much of a risk.

Joshua- Swordmaster- See Marisa