The Last Promise

Crimson Red

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need some battle animations, and I have to make a lot of scripts, some maps, and still have to do a little bit of portrait updating. And then I have to "put everything together" with the event scripting, Nightmare hacking, text inserting, etc...

So hopefully that answers your question.

Yes, it is. Just needed to get a patch out.

v4.4.2 December 17th' date=' 2010

A delayed bugfix patch with several fixes and additions as well, including one

major one where chapter 18 was being skipped. Changelist included. Thanks to all

the people who reported bugs as well as Nayr and Nickt for the portrait stuff.

Changes

--------

- chapter 17x now goes to chapter 18 intead of 19

- the Haas x Liquid fight text in chapter 9 is fixed

- Fixed the Halberdier/Nomad hybrid in chapter 4

- Lorraine's (chapter 7x boss's) generic battle text is fixed

- inserted updated Anakin portrait thanks to Nickt

- inserted recolored Anna & Jake portraits thanks to Nayr

- replaced the old Yue portrait with a new one, because Dei doesn't want his

Sigurd-recolor being used anymore

- Devil Axe critical is now back to 0 (lol)

Please let me know if there are any other major problems ASAP so that I don't

lose motivation to fix it or get busy. Thanks, and enjoy.[/quote']

Tactics Universe v4.4.2 Download

Tactics Universe v4.4.2 Download MIRROR

In the version before the bugfix patch, something happened while I was playing it on my PSP, where, when I had killed Ethan, the game crashed.

I don't know if it was because I was playing it on my PSP or not, but it's not there in the bugfix patch, so, it's all good.

yeah, you know, something is wrong with Ethan. Big time. I don't know what the glitch is, but I am waiting for someone to save the day and bring me a savestate so I can check out what's wrong. Because "fighting Ethan = game crash" could be the result of 5 to 10 different things, like the battle convo, death quote, palette, a few different things in the events, or the character attacking, or something else...

Eww.

You reminded me I have to update my tier list. Big time.

But I should probably play my hack again before I do that.

And before I do that, I should probably fix a couple of bugs.

and before I do that, I'm going to be stuck on lame trips. *facepalm*

Edited by Luffy

Eww.

You reminded me I have to update my tier list. Big time.

But I should probably play my hack again before I do that.

And before I do that, I should probably fix a couple of bugs.

and before I do that, I'm going to be stuck on lame trips. *facepalm*

You should also fix chapter 20, the game freezes completely after the first cutscene with Zane.

Why after beating Earnest and sizing throne game goes black screen? It's some kind of bug?

This.

Blazer, I'll see if I can get a screen/video for you, but 1)Howard never showed up in chapter 19 for me, therefore not letting me speak to him with Cia and 2)After the battle was over, and the conversation with Howard was over, the screen went black, the music kept going, and nothing loaded.

@Seph Howard only shows in the cutscenes in chapter 19, not on the field itself. You're supposed to talk with him to Cia in chapter 18, not 19.

@Kroko @Joey @Seph1212 You guys are probably using old emulators. So it's probably your fault. >_> Use VBA v1.8.0.3, not v1.7.2. I had those problems reported before and using the proper emulator fixed them. I had plenty of people who beat the game without any problems except for Ben not being able to be fielded in chapter 21, so yeah. XD

If you do that and it's still not working, send me a savestate and I'll try and fix it, although I never encountered the problems myself so >_>

EDIT: I should probably say, another bugfix patch will come... Thursday or Friday, probably. Even though it's Winter Break I am still real busy with weddings and trips and other stuff. >_<

Also, I am currently looking for good battle spriters who can sprite a promoted animation for Shon. Doesn't have to be exceptionally elaborate but it has to be different from the Knight Lord and the Great Lord (F) in terms of how he attacks. And if I can get that, I will be happy and not even worry about Shon's special sword, Silvans, and a custom animation for that. XP

Edited by Luffy

The secrets you sent me told me to talk to him in chapter 19, so...

I'm using VBA version 1.9.4, so, it's definitely not a problem of compatibility. When I get there in the LP, I'll see if it shows up again.

I'm going to have to echo Trent on a different reason. VBA 1.7.2 has worked for YEARS for every single ROM hack that's been done. There should be *NO* reason that it shouldn't work for yours. If there is, then there's something wrong on your end in the coding, since it hasn't been a problem for anyone else. And, as a project designer/programmer, it's basically your duty to ensure compatibility for your users. The more user-friendly something is, the more people you'll have that will be interested and willing to play the hack. As such, if it isn't working for 1.7.2, then you should fix it so that it is.

Well I am out of the loop as I hadn't heard of anything new from the makers of VBA for like 2 years so I figured the v1.8.0.3 beta was their final release

well even if whatever bug you reported that I forgot really DOES occur (and only to you guys >_>), the matter stays the same. "...I realize you guys aren't hackers, but if I don't experience a problem [have a savestate proving/showing that it exists], there is next to nothing I can do about it. "

Edited by Luffy

Oh I didn't know you guys took it off of RHDN too

Well this is lulzy, I'm kinda curious about how you persuaded them to take it off without them consulting me in any way well the same thing happened on SF so I guess it's because it's easier for one to just remove a hack than actually worry about whether it should be removed or notbut I'll leave it alone since it's over with and just have you contact them if you can and tell them everything was a big misunderstanding. Thanks for the heads-up, I would not have remembered for a long time otherwise.

@Seph. OK so I looked for VBA v1.9.4. and didn't find anything. And I've never heard of it before and it makes me question why I haven't heard of it...

I also still don't have a savestate, so I have no proof of anything glitching. I actually played chapter 9 and 18 to some extent so I could try and reproduce the glitches. I fought with different characters (since that seemed to affect a glitch when fighting Ethan) and even though I had a pre-boss savestate for Chapter 9 before Liquid, I actually restarted the chapter and retried the special scene and it worked fine.

Update on the matter: I just tested the chapter 19 scene with VBA v1.7.2. It freezes at a black screen, just like people said. Version 1.8.0 works fine--it doesn't freeze or anything.

So obviously version 1.7.2 is inferior and it's not my fault if others choose to use older programs.

UPDATE AGAIN: I fixed the chapter 19 issue. I'm still not sure why I bothered to fix it, but ultimately I used the old emulator and fixed whatever in the data the emulator didn't like that the newer version didn't care about. So yeah, I'm done with that...

A reported glitchy battle with Ethan works fine on v1.7.2 and v1.8.0.

Alleged Liquid glitch doesn't occur either.

EDIT: New bugfix patch. See README or blog for more info (specifically what the fixes are).

Tactics Universe v4.5.3 Download

Tactics Universe v4.5.3 Download Mirror

Edited by Luffy