The Last Promise

Crimson Red

Oh I didn't know you guys took it off of RHDN too

Well this is lulzy, I'm kinda curious about how you persuaded them to take it off without them consulting me in any way well the same thing happened on SF so I guess it's because it's easier for one to just remove a hack than actually worry about whether it should be removed or notbut I'll leave it alone since it's over with and just have you contact them if you can and tell them everything was a big misunderstanding. Thanks for the heads-up, I would not have remembered for a long time otherwise.

The same way we had FES terminated for a while, by using our words, which I also think is pretty damn weird. I guess being wordy has magical powers? But yeah, I'll use my words the other way this time, probably later on tonight if I'm able. If not... honestly, I might forget if I don't tonight, so I'll make Zeld remind me.

It'll get done soon though. If they aren't able to just restore it I'll let you know so you can enter it again.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kk, don't fret over it too much, I really don't care that much.

In other news, with Xeld's help, spell animations are starting to work again, so I think I can get those custom spell animations done, hopefully today (well, maybe not all of them, but at least some of them).

^^If Death became over stressed and something went wrong in his life he might blame me for stressing him with site matters

so

that's what I meant by "don't fret"

I'm sure he won't fret anyway. He's probably already forgotten.

@Other people thanks for the comments... sometimes I doubt how many people play my hack because most of them just download and enjoy without leaving a trace so comments are a confirmation that I am not completely wasting my time

It's not a big deal, most of my annoyance over the whole ordeal was aimed more at how slowly the situation resolved. I -hate- things that should not take long being stretched out. Zeld is probably just laughing because he's Zeld and finds something funny in anything even if what he's laughing at isn't there. His sense of humor is so evolved and supreme that nothing funny actually needs to be said for him to laugh at it. I think I'm pretty good about not letting internet shit annoy me, I just bitch to Zeld for 5 minutes then go hump a tree or whatever it is I do.

AND, e-mail has been sent. Or replied to. But they have it waiting in their inbox.

Edited by Death

Considering that Tactics Universe is a showcase of all that can be done with hacking, and hacking at its best, I wouldn't be surprised if you DID.

Speaking of that, this game now has 3 custom spell animations. Yes, three. Yes, before this hack didn't have any, which is why I just now finished making use of every special hacking feature FEditor Adv has to offer.

...I think. Actually, I might not have an imported battle animation. I'm not sure--my memory is vague. I'll definitely have to import the Sword General though, so that will be fulfilled in due time, if not already..

What do you mean you "can't get to it"...? That's pretty vague. And what did you do before "the new patch"?

In other words, be specific

The latest one you released(Fixing Ben glitch in 21 etc). I mean,I can't get to the extra chapter,I did what was needed,but it just goes straight to chapter 18

I didn't cheat. I would have shown you the level-up except he was already level 20 so I couldn't. I could give you a savestate though... maybe... actually, I'm pretty sure I deleted it, so I guess that's out of the question too... but... I didn't cheat! It's no fun uploading videos of me cheating. >_>

I hear your GBA version of the song used for the Temple in SSBM, and it doesn't sound

very good. The guitar used should be nylon, not steel, and the lead melody should be the

string ensemble . It also lacks a brass section and drums, and the notes of the symphonic

parts should be more separated. Honestly, it doesn't sound like you put much effort into

writing it.

I hear your GBA version of the song used for the Temple in SSBM, and it doesn't sound

very good. The guitar used should be nylon, not steel, and the lead melody should be the

string ensemble . It also lacks a brass section and drums, and the notes of the symphonic

parts should be more separated. Honestly, it doesn't sound like you put much effort into

writing it.

No one asked for your critique, so the safe assumption would be that it's not wanted; even then, there is no reason the guitar 'should' be nylon, you only think it would sound better if it did; also, it's a remix, meaning it's not meant to sound exactly like the original, so there are no 'shoulds', the limit is my imagination; also, don't talk about songs inserted into hacks without knowing much if anything about how insertion works; also songs are limited to 8 tracks, anymore and the song starts to fuck up beyond control, so I COULDN'T include a brass section and drums, but rather I had to simplify the MIDI for insertion.

You're expecting too much and giving unhelpful criticism (not that I wanted any criticism), as well as making several assumptions. I don't welcome this kind of stuff so please don't do it. Hopefully you understand, in which case I thank you. Any other posts related to that topic will be ignored because I am too lazy to argue about this anymore, but you're free to PM me.

@Nickt Trust me, Kelik died way more, think how I feel. >_>

Edited by Luffy

Blazer, just because you don't ask for critique doesn't mean that you should lash

out at me for giving it to you once.

It may be a remix, but it just doesn't sound good, and it sounds a lot like you

TRIED to imitate the song and failed.

...What? I know how insert Midi's into an FE ROM. Plus, I was the one who TOLD you

that the limit was 8 tracks! I'm Bonestorm/Rexstatic :/

From the sounds of the music in your game people'd think I know more about music

hacking than you do if they didn't know that I used your tutorial to learn it.

Also, It sounds like your Midi has plenty of room for the brass and drums, because

I only hear like, 4 instruments in it.

How is the criticism unhelpful? I'm trying to tell you how lacking and half-assed

it sounds.

You're cheating yourself by cutting so many corners in this hack. Villages not closing,

Songs not looping appropriately, and I know that you can fix such problems in a flash

with ability and knowledge like yours so why don't you?

Taking this to PM.