What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Welllllll Fullmetal Alchemist is licensed so you shouldn't be finding it streamed anywhere which means I guess you'll have to buy it or do what you want 'cuz a pirate is free

Except at FUNimation.com. All subs are free.

P.S. FUNimation is the license holder.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But we probably shouldn't be persuading someone to pirate something lol.

Speaking of anime though, I've decided to finish Asura Cryin'. Not really sure why since it's really not very good, but it's a really interesting concept so for some reason I have this hope that it'll end up improving by the end and be pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure FUNimation has every show they own up for free subtitled. Dubs are the ones where you can watch the first few free but the rest you have to pay for.

Actually, I was specifically referring to the dubs when I wrote that post. The whole series is available in English dub on Youtube for free.

Finished Asura Cryin'. Though the second season was much better than the first, I'd only recommend it to people who are really bored and have a lot of time on their hands. Great, interesting concept, but horrible execution. The characters have no depth, but they keep introducing more and more each episode, and then never building on them. You never understand what's going on until the very end of the show (and there's still some plot holes/convenient shit), where they try to cram in a ton of knowledge on you at once so you go "oh". The plot is extremely predictable for the most part, though there is a couple good plot twists admittedly. A lot of QUALITY derp faces, despite the fact you can tell the show had a good budget. The action scenes are pretty sick though, especially in the last two episodes. All in all, it's an ok show that didn't nearly reach its potential.

An irl friend of mine told me to check out Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, so I'll catch up on that. Then wondering if I should watch Ergo Proxy (Isaac and Marth recommended it), Cross Game (been on my PTW list for a while), or My Bride is a Mermaid (heard it's hilarious and has a great english dub). Depends on my mood I guess.

Ergo Proxy is just wonderful. I could have sworn I gave a plot explanation of the series, but without giving huge spoilers it takes place in the far flung future in the dystopic city of Romdeau, a domed metropolis surrounded by the wastes of a barren world. Its population lives in blissful ignorance of reality, and most seem less lifelike than the Autoreiv cyborg companions that accompany them. A deadly Cogito virus is spreading throughout the Autoreiv community, bafflingly endowing any infected with sentience. The protagonist Vincent Law, a seemingly weak-willed skittish young man, is an immigrant whose job is to hunt down these Autoreivs and disable them. He finds himself coming at odds with Re-L, the haughty granddaughter of Romdeau's mayor, who is investigating a string of murders perpetrated by autonomous Autoreivs.

It's quite dark and realistic more often than not in its representation of the world and much technology, much like Ghost in the Shell if it were carried into a post-apocalyptic scenario. Its surrealism can be reminiscent of Neon Genesis Evangelion's existentialist material, as it has its own questions that are often raised but not always answered by characters and events. I've always found OPs and EDs to be incredibly important to how I ultimately interpret any given anime I watch, and

It perfectly encapsulates the feeling the series leaves behind at the end of each episode. Similarly, the
excellently sets up each episode. The song carries a sense of wonderment and slight mystery, while the imagery fittingly clashes with the dark palette and foreboding ever-cloudy sky of Ergo Proxy's world.

Man I love this series. I want to watch it right now. And I don't know where my DVDs are. Someone shoot me.

FMA Brotherhood is much better than the original, but I find that people like Ed and Al a lot more if they watch the original first.

I never could bring myself to like the original. There's just something off about the plot (Reading the manga first might have done it).

I never could bring myself to like the original. There's just something off about the plot (Reading the manga first might have done it).

Yeah I agree about the plot. But if you take that aside, I think the character development for Ed, Al, Lust, and Scar are all really good in the original. I told my friend to watch FMA:B and not the original, and he always complained about Ed and Al.

What part of the show had a good budget? lol

You have to admit that some of the action scenes looked pretty nice, and the art design wasn't horrible. But man, so many derp faces. I like how if you search "derp faces" on google the first results are psycho pass lol.

EDIT: To those who have watched Toaru Majutsu no Index and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, is it necessary to watch Index before Railgun? With the second season of Railgun coming out I wanna watch the first season, but I'm not sure if I have to watch Index first (and I heard Index is boring). Help pls.

Edited by Helios

Finally finished Clannad after, like, 3 months or something ridiculous. Akio is amazing.

brb downloading the vn to pair tomoya and kyou >:

Akio is indeed, amazing. Also, the Kyou route in the VN is... :sob:

Yeah I agree about the plot. But if you take that aside, I think the character development for Ed, Al, Lust, and Scar are all really good in the original. I told my friend to watch FMA:B and not the original, and he always complained about Ed and Al.

Both of the FMA animes are very good imo. Though, if you read the manga, the original FMA would seem like crap while FMAB is a faithful adaptation. For those that haven't read the manga, FMAB doesn't have such a noticeable advantage and it's all up to preference. I, for one, have never read the manga, and prefer the original FMA to Brotherhood.

EDIT: To those who have watched Toaru Majutsu no Index and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, is it necessary to watch Index before Railgun? With the second season of Railgun coming out I wanna watch the first season, but I'm not sure if I have to watch Index first (and I heard Index is boring). Help pls.

I haven't watched Index, but I still enjoyed Railgun a lot. It's not necessary to watch Index before Railgun.

In fact, when I heard so much praise for the Imouto Arc, I decided to watch Index just because of that. But right then, I heard the news that Railgun season 2 is gonna have the Imouto Arc as well, so I forced myself to stop watching Index just so that I can experience the Imouto Arc for the first time in MISAKA's perspective in Railgun S. So yeah, I'd suggest you do the same and skip Index.

Finished Ergo Proxy. It's the cyberpunk version of Evangelion, so naturally I really enjoyed it. I know I didn't catch all of the details in the story, so I'll probably rewatch it sometime, but I believe I caught some of the main points and am currently content with that.

Think I'm gonna watch Railgun next so I can see what the hype is about.

I've been reading Gantz as of late. I'm sitll on the Onion Kid part, which bored me for the massive ammount of filler. Well, anyway...

Does anyone know about a manga that is similar to Akame ga Kiru and Ubel Blatt? I really love those for their dark stories, characters, drama and morally ambiguous characters. I think I'm going to read Claymore and Berserk, for that reason.

Have you read battle royale yet?

Also try Mirai Nikki it's dark and has an extremely interesting plot.

Edited by Randa

Also try Mirai Nikki it's dark and has an extremely interesting plot.

Mirai Nikki is awesome. I haven't read the manga but I loved the anime. I hated the DBZ-style action sequences at the end (9th vs Murumuru) but I'm one of the few people that really liked the ending.

You have to admit that some of the action scenes looked pretty nice, and the art design wasn't horrible.

Weren't most of the action sequences CG? And I thought the art design was really generic.

To those who have watched Toaru Majutsu no Index and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, is it necessary to watch Index before Railgun? With the second season of Railgun coming out I wanna watch the first season, but I'm not sure if I have to watch Index first

Railgun is a sidestory to Index, so it isn't necessary to watch Index first. To be honest though, Railgun isn't that great. There's a lot of filler episodes and the best action scenes in Railgun aren't nearly as great as the best ones in Index.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed that the art design was generic and all, but I just thought some of the action sequences were pretty cool in the second season.

I liked Railgun, and it was good enough to make me look forward to this upcoming season. There wasn't really a plot, but the characters made things entertaining.

Jojo was awesome. Can't wait for the super hyped Part 3 (I'm assuming it'll come out).

Finished Oreshura a few weeks ago and started Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 animation on Thursday. Gonna keep watching it and see how closely related it is to the game. =DBut unfortunately that's all the anime I'm watching... waiting for the next season of Railgun? I swore I saw something about a second season coming out in April...? But I can't seem to find any article about it anymore so maybe I was dreaming / seeing things / mixing two articles up. Oh well.

Edited by Cordelia