What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Barakamon is a Slice-Of-Life masterpiece and everyone should watch it, and by everyone i mean everyone.

Bakemonogatari is pretty great so far, it's incredible how much an otherwise boring scene can be improved if the dialogue is entertaining and engaging.

Steins;gate. No idea what the fuss is about two episodes in.

Late reply, but Steins;Gate is the kind of show that doesn't reveal it's nature until after the first half or so of the show due to it being nearly all set-up for further developments down the line, the first few episodes for the most part give a "What is this all in service of? What's the point?", the show doesn't show it's greatest strengths until the second half.

Edited by OakTree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

on watch: Xenoglossia, that idolmaster mecha anime

on read: Helck, that one manga with the cute bird

also working on a few mangas rn

if visual novels are allowed, i'm waiting for the subahibi translation and the translation of sayo

Rem or Emilia?

uh, Felt?

I'm still on ep 12 so I honestly don't know. I was really liking Emilia but then she was demoted to a side character for Rem and Ram to shine on the spotlight for some eps.

• 2 weeks later...

just finished watching DR3, great series with a few small problems here and there but overall i thoroughly enjoyed it.

however I wouldn't recommend watching this without played the first 2 games those should be played first otherwise a lot of what makes this series great would be lost on you.

^Also finished watching DR3, and I really enjoyed both Sides, and Side Hope(although I felt the ending was too happy).

Just saw the first episode of Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo. I really loved the art and animation. I'm liking it, as of now.

• 5 weeks later...

Watching Reideen the Superior (Chouja Reideen) right now.

Really entertaining super sentai-esque show.

Edited by Pixelman

I have been watching Magi: the labyrinth of magic recently( really Good), and Durarara. Holy crap is Durarara amazing.

I started watching it because it was the love child of Baccano(still my favorite anime), and I love it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished binge-watching Space Patrol Luluco, the five-year milestone production from our good friends at Studio Trigger. For a short-form show, they really managed to cram a lot into each episode, and yet the show also manages to not feel rushed or badly paced. I am admittedly a huge Trigger fan, and I really loved the show because it embodies everything I love about Trigger and their original works (and the stuff they did back when a lot of them were still with Gainax).

After this I'll watch Inferno Cop at some point, probably after the Fall Season's over and I can stop obsessing over Yuri!!! On Ice my "actually bothering to watch while they air" shows for the season (YoI, Poco's Udon World, Gakuen Handsome and Aooni) are done.

Is Re: Zero worth watching? I saw the first couple of episodes and while it was mildly interesting, I'm not too interested in the "gamer trapped in a virtual/alternate reality" genre, and I find the main character completely insufferable and spastic. Will the story move forward and will he become tolerable eventually, and if so at around what episode will it start to pick up?

Edited by Xander

Just finished the JoJo DiU anime. My heart is heavy, and I can hear "Last Train Home" every time I get in the shower. I might start reading through Part 5, which is where I left off when the anime came back from the break in Part 3. Not a fan of GioGio, but I'll give him a chance because he is Giostar.

Probably going to re-watch the anime from the beginning. Or re-watch Samurai Champloo.

Started watching Selector Infected WIXOSS, just so I could watch Lostorage Incited WIXOSS. So far, I'm really liking it!

Also might start watching Occultic;Nine again, as I stopped watching after Episode 1.

The last manga I've finished (but not really since it's ongoing) was Kimi ni Todoke.

Now I'm reading Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, having finished the anime some time back. It'll be good to know how the story ends, though I have a pretty good idea already.

Also, gotta catch up with One Punch Man.

• 2 weeks later...

I've really been interested in March Comes like a Lion/Sangatsu no Lion.
The main narrative is both interesting to me and pretty heartwarming, more because it's a story of helping this young introverted boy to grow and be a better man, hence the name of the show.

Need to get back to it though, didn't like waiting for episodes so it just slipped my mind for a while.
Whoops.