What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

I'm not following any anime right now, but that'll change once Code Geass season 3 comes out, eeeek.

As for manga...there's Pokemon Adventures, Blue Exorcist, Vampire Knight Memories and D.Gray-Man.

I'm still collecting those 4 alongside Naruto, Pandora Hearts, Tokyo Ghoul, Kuroko no Basket, Durarara, Katekyo Hitman REBORN, D.N Angel, Rosario+Vampire, Your Name, and Black Bird.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Patiently waiting for My hero Academia season three. Three more days!

I also recently picked up FMA brotherhood again after discovering Netflix had an anime section. I was surprised how good an anime can look if you're not watching it from a small Youtube screen. Shame the Netflix subtitles can be a bit off at times, definitely botched their job with Pride's fall. 

I wouldn't say I follow Boruto per se but I'm interested enough to check it out from time to time if the episode summary interests me. Call it Stockholm syndrome. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2018 at 10:40 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I wouldn't say I follow Boruto per se but I'm interested enough to check it out from time to time if the episode summary interests me. Call it Stockholm syndrome. 

Don't. It's not worth it. If Stockholm Syndrome is getting you that bad, see a doctor. Luckily I was pretty off the Naruto train by timeskip, and any good will I had towards the series died with that trainwreck of a final arc. Once I saw how abysmal Boruto was, I just stopped, and have had no desire to return. I had more productive, less masochistic things to do, like burning my armhair off with a lighter, scraping my teeth with paper clips or putting clamps on my face. 

Edited by Slumber

I'm currently watching My Hero Academia 3, Darling in the FranXX, Beyond the Boundary,  Magical Girl Ore (this one better pick up the pace or it's going in the drop bin), A Place Further than the Universe, Yuru Camp, SAO Alternative: Gun Gale Online and i'm waiting for the Violet Evergarden OVA and the second Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe OVA. I'm also waiting for One Punch Man 2, Mob Psycho 100 2 Made in Abyss 2, the My Hero Academia movie, and Fairy Tail 3. I've read the manga and while Fairy Tail's final arc was pretty bad, the reason i'm still a fan of the series is because the characters are great and really likable.

I also have Angel Beats, Kirby, Sailor Moon and Pokemon Sun&Moon on hold.

Now, you might be asking, why am i watching SAO? Is SAO shit? Yes. But it's basically the anime equivalent to Michael Bay Transformers movies. You know it's going to be shit but you still gotta watch it anyway just to see how bad it can get. At the very least, GGO doesn't have Kirito, so it's automatically the best thing SAO has done, even though that isn't saying much at all.

As for manga, i've been reading the Yona of the Dawn, Genealogy of the Holy War, Squid Girl, Umau-chan, One Punch Man, Gabriel DropOut and My Bride is a Mermaid mangas after watching their respective animes (except for FE4, it doesn't have one). Except all of these are on hold because i just haven't checked for new chapters or i've read up on all the translated chapters. I'm like, really close to finishing My Bride is a Mermaid but only 73 of the 79 chapters have been translated and that upsets me.

I'm following JoJo as well. After watching the anime, i continued the series by reading Parts 5, 6, and 7 and i'm just waiting for Part 8 to end so i can start on it.

13 hours ago, Slumber said:

Don't. It's not worth it. If Stockholm Syndrome is getting you that bad, see a doctor. Luckily I was pretty off the Naruto train by timeskip, and any good will I had towards the series died with that trainwreck of a final arc. Once I saw how abysmal Boruto was, I just stopped, and have had no desire to return. I had more productive, less masochistic things to do, like burning my armhair off with a lighter, scraping my teeth with paper clips or putting clamps on my face. 

Eh I never considered it that bad. It certainly isn't Naruto but I didn't go in expecting that so I had a pretty easy time adjusting. The overdose on filler does bother me but there are episodes where something actually happens. So my strategy is just skip most filler and watch the good ones. 

And Boruto has its good things too. Sarada blows her scumbag dad out of the water and I may be one of the three people on the internet who actually enjoys Boruto as a character. 

8 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Eh I never considered it that bad. It certainly isn't Naruto but I didn't go in expecting that so I had a pretty easy time adjusting. The overdose on filler does bother me but there are episodes where something actually happens. So my strategy is just skip most filler and watch the good ones. 

And Boruto has its good things too. Sarada blows her scumbag dad out of the water and I may be one of the three people on the internet who actually enjoys Boruto as a character. 

I mostly agree with this. I personally wouldn't call boruto terrible by any means but it most certainly has it's problems Like you said it's no naruto but hey it's whatever. 

any I'm currently following MHA 3 while also getting through love chunibiyo and other delusions, devilman crybaby, and blue excorcist(I'm not really following this one because I like it. I'm only watching because I love to hate this show.)Oh I also plan to start watching the fate series sometime soon.

4 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

I mostly agree with this. I personally wouldn't call boruto terrible by any means but it most certainly has it's problems Like you said it's no naruto but hey it's whatever. 

any I'm currently following MHA 3 while also getting through love chunibiyo and other delusions, devilman crybaby, and blue excorcist(I'm not really following this one because I like it. I'm only watching because I love to hate this show.)Oh I also plan to start watching the fate series sometime soon.

I don't think those problems will be going away very soon. The anime has got to do tons of filler to avoid catching up to the manga but while the Boruto anime did a year of filler the manga actually hasn't moved an inch in its entire two year run.

I actually have to wait a little bit for My Hero. The dub got delayed for some reason. Also the first episode was a recap episode....with fanservice for the female audience? 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Sarada is one of the few enjoyable things about Boruto for me. 

How two of the worst characters in the original series had such an awesome kid, I'll never know. 

Manga I'm following is Vinland Saga (getting anime series!) and Berserk.

Anime I had taken a long break from but in the past few months, went through Made in Abyss (wow child characters with dark storyline, like the world building and animation is great), Land of Lustrous (also really interesting worldbuilding, and character development, at first I was like monk harem?  but it is much deeper than that), and Steins gate (yes older anime).  Wow Steins gate has become an all time favorite for me, it actually lives up to the crazy hype.  In addition if someone was to ask what is anime?  This is what I would recommend.  You have neko maids, maid cafes, lonely otaku, tsundure, Mary sue, crazy protagonist, deep intelligent storyline, very emotional moments, and twists.  It kind of is all encompassing of many of the things anime is known for.  It's time travel plot is really well done as well.  Oh also watched Magus bride, though the ending was a bit rushed and disappointing in some ways it was overall a great watch with beautiful animation and interesting characters.  

Now I'm watching the new Galactic Heroes (the old one is maybe my #1 favorite anime or at least tied for it), Steins gate 0 (wow so good), and FMP: Invisible War and the next Code Geass when that drops.  

The other week, I randomly decided to binge watch Clockwork Planet which was alright..

As for now, I found my spring anime;
Dragon Pilot, Megalo Box, Pretty Derby, Gegege no Kitaro (going to try and check out the manga too),  and My Hero Aca's new season.

Awesome that there were so many things coming out at the same time that all looked fun to watch!

Started watching Darling in the Franxx. First time in a while that I’ve been hooked from the start, unfortunately it seems the dubbing is a small bit behind the subbed episode releases. But the show is generally interesting, and I’m looking forward to seeing where it goes. 

On 4/19/2018 at 12:17 AM, Pandog said:

Megalo Box

This is the one I picked early for this season(I'm waiting till mid-season to see what'll be worth my time). 

I think I picked well. Megalo Box is awesome so far. I really like the processing they did to make it feel like a 90s anime(Downscaling then upscaling again). The grit adds a lot to it and it makes me super nostalgic for anime of the time it's emulating, since that's probably the era of anime that I most got into. 

Simple boxing story with tons of style and flair, and to see it done by a bunch of newbies to the anime scene has me going "Well what the fuck is the excuse for everybody else?" 

Edited by Slumber

Still waiting for Noragami's hiatus to end. Also, I should probably continue Masamune-kun no revenge, D-Frag! and Kakegurui. I dropped them when I started reading 1Q84, and other books from Murakami Haruki. As for anime, I haven't watched any since Kimi no Na wa. It was pretty awesome, and I've rewatched it a few times. I just don't feel like I could watch through anything less... hmm... exciting? I guess? Idk, I just feel like it's really special. (GitS is still awesome tho, should probably watch the newer stuff as well despite the mixed reception)

When first seeing the new My Hero opening I thought it was kinda shit but I've since greatly warmed up to it. It got some good shots like Allmight destroying half a city with one punch, him powering up and the intro repeatedly teasing imposing shots of Shigaraki's mentor without ever fully showing him. 

Can't say I appreciated the season opening with a fanservicy recap episode but they picked up the phase pretty quickly after that. We got some training montages, my hero's version of Inari and some cute cat girls(and cat dude). And this early in the season we're already having the big villain attack. I look forward to seeing what the new villain crew can do. Gas mask kid and Peri 2 seem very promising. 

I also enjoyed some Persona voice actors getting brought in. Kota's so obviously Morgana.

Currently taking a break from trying out new stuff since Gintama is on break anyway and my Blu-Rays of Cowboy Bebop finally arrived from the UK (took them more than three weeks, geez). So I've been watching that personal classic again, it's been a while.

Before that I followed some of the current season on Crunchyroll, though wasn't that satisfied so far. I found Ancient Magus Bride to be a trainwreck, personally. Also tried out a free trial month of Netflix since they're the one place in Germany that lets me watch at least some stuff with English dubs (German anime dubs are super lame, trust me), but wasn't at all satisfied with their repertoire. Who'd want to watch Fullmetal Alchemist in German when the fantastic English dub exists? Geez. /Rantover

Steins;Gate 0 is the one I plan on following. It's been hard following anime because of all the good shows that are airing right now like Legion (Season 2) and Westworld (Season 2), both of which I'm watching too.

Been watching a lot of Gundam, namely UC (0079, Zeta and CCA) and 00.

I just realized that ZAFT making as many Gundams as they do doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't it make much more sense to make something similar to the Qubeley or the Sazabi?

I have hard time following anime because I always tend to start new things faster than I finish them.

Need to get caught up with the latest of Gintama.

Osomatsu-san has been an absolutely wild ride. Can’t believe I’m just barely now getting a chance to experience it considering it’s been out for some time.

Been re-watching Digimon lately with my sister. I forgot how awkwardly animated some of the scenes were from the first two seasons. We’re slowly reaching the end of the second season and can’t wait to start the third one since that’s by far my favorite.

Season 3 of Hero Academia already started so I guess it’s time to let that take over my life again.

Caught up with BokuHero S3 and Darling in the Franx.

Already read the manga so seeing some fights in BokuHero animated is very satisfying. Can't wait to see THAT fight. (anyone who has read the manga would know)

As for Darling in the Franx, I wasn't sure what to expect so I'm actually somewhat surprised with this one. Story is interesting, animation is decent and sometimes good and the characters are well...mixed. Zero two easily steals the show, Hiro is pretty cool, Goro is best bro, Zerome and his girl are also fun and the rest is just alright at best and annoying at worst.

2 minutes ago, alanz said:

To be honest I'm a huge fan of anime. Currently I'm watching Eromanga-sensei, 10 episodes down and so close to the end. . I watch them through proxy, with its help I have access to the Japanese anime channels and keep my data safe. Very convy. Going to rewatch Clannad After Story also in the near future. 

Eromanga huh okay I'm just gonna as for your opinion cause a yeah.

In line with the forum topic I just finished Fate/stay night unlimited blade works and erased which is an anime every anime fan should watch at some point in their lives. That show makes me feel so many emotions over the course of 5 minutes and that's just episode 1.The episodes are even better except for the ending.

Saw the FSN HF movie.

As a VN reader it was good. I know they skipped some Illya scenes but I'm sure they'll be in the next movie so eh.

If I hadn't read the VN however I would have been super confused.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Saint_Latona said:

Has anybody seen Aggretsuko yet?  It's on Netflix and has about 10 episodes or so lasting anywhere between 15 and 20 mins, but I loved that series.  Made me sign up with Netflix for the first time.

I binged it just the other week and I really liked it! I'm really glad everyone is loving it, but I'm still pretty passive-aggressively annoyed that no one payed attention to it back in '16 because of freaking Gudetama........