What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Granted, Makishima Shogo is a tough act to follow, but I'd like to think that Kirito Kamui has his merits. True, the guys behind the series may have wanted to "go smaller," but it didn't feel that way; Kirito and the whole "WC?" premise served to make the plot progress, and we have Togane Sakuya and his machinations unraveling in the latter episodes.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch RWBY ( if you could it as an Anime) season 4 and gave up on season 5. The 4th season helped expand the world outside of Beacon, but little happened due to having 5 stories at the same time little was done with each, And Season 5 I stopped watching in the mid way point for how slow and uninteresting it was. On to the next show.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

2 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

cory in the house is pretty interesting.

Nobody's going to argue that Cory in the House isn't the best anime.

And if they do, they're lying.

I watched the first ten episodes of Boku No Hero Academia after a friend recommended it. It was very droll and vanilla for a shounen anime and it left me bored and sleepy. It can't even get heroism right.

Why is the antagonistic school bully prick being called a hero? Cause he can gain points in a video game battle that determines how 'heroic' one is? "Hey, I got more points than you have, there for, I am the better hero."

The annoying loser protagonist is always rewarded. Always. He completely flunks the entry exam and get first place regardless. He failed to save the school bully guy and gets gifted super powers. Not to mention, why do people with super powers discriminate normal people? Especially when powers can be traded around like some sort of token or commodity.

Very poor from what I saw, but I guess the egg's on my face for expecting some semblance of quality for something that's intended for 8 year olds or older.

@(s)ad touch: the Psycho-Pass Movie is awesome. Liked the fact that a collection of essays I've read from Frantz Fanon was referenced by Kogami and one of the antagonists.

Urobuchi is a genius.

Currently, I'm introducing a friend to the wonderful world of Dragon Ball.

We're currently in the aftermath of Trunks' first arrival. The next episode we're gonna be watching is Goku first demonstrating Instant Transmission.
We're intending on moving on to Super prior to the End of Z, then the upcoming Broly movie, then we'll finish Z and we'll probably sit through GT after that for the shits and giggles.

I started showing him months ago so I'm impressed at how far we've come.

I went back and watched a bunch of pre-WWII anime films. Pretty much whatever I could easily find that had subtitles.

As for manga, I found a bunch of Osamu Tezuka works and have been reading them chronologically; I just reached Astro Boy. Dunno if I'll finish it all the way, but I wanted to look into anime and manga's old roots. :3

Edited by Pandog

I just recently started re watching naruto again and it's holding up pretty well to how I remember it. Though now I can see more of it's issues but I also have a greater appreciation for the things it gets right. Currently I've just finished Naruto vs. Neji in the chunin exams so things are going pretty well. 

In other news I picked up watching eromanga-sensei again from where I left off and well it's just as trashy as I remember. seriously the rate at which this show dives headlong into degeneracy is beyond words.

Edited by Otts486

Just now I have completed the 1st season of Pop Team Epic. For what it was I enjoyed it and all of the different animations styles used in the show, some skits were hit or miss. But overall it got laughs from me.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

• 2 weeks later...

I've rewatched quite a few anime recently...

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu - a really good anime, with a fantastic dub. The main character is voiced by Ian Sinclair, which is always a plus. First episode starts off a bit slow, but the mood whiplash in episode 2, holy cow. It can be a bit tropey at times, but it works. It's a shame the novels have never been released in English.

Durarara - oh god, I love this anime. The dub is amazing. The plot can get confusing sometimes, but the characters are just fantastic.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn - One of my favourite anime of all time. The first twenty episodes are quite dull, and you can skip them, but the reason for it is because the manga was initially just going to be a slice of life manga, but then was switched to action. It has two filler arcs, but they're really good, and contribute to the overall plot.

Code Geass - In my excitement for R3, I decided to rewatch this beauty, and my God has it solidified its position as number one anime. It's just...really well-written, and Lelouch is always a pleasure to watch.

• 3 weeks later...

Shingeki No Kyoujin Manga/Anime S3 - Never thought I'd say this but Eren has become one of my favorite characters in anime/manga. So much good development in the manga. The S3 anime is also very nice even if it misses some parts of the manga. At least anime only people can now see how good Historia is.

Overlord - Watched S2 and caught up with S3 and I really like the role play sessions feel we have now. Watching the viewpoint from so many different characters is also an easy way to fix the OP MC problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I finished watching the Forest Training Camp Arc all the way to the  Hero License Exam in My Hero Academia. Overall i liked where the story went, with Deku becoming more of his own person and showing more challenges he faces. The fight between All Might and All for One was one of the best in the series.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the first two episodes of Zombieland Saga. 

Definitely did NOT expect to like this one but by the end of the second episode I had the biggest smile on my face. Bless MAPA for making this original anime. Can't wait for the next episode.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Past month I’ve gone through:

-Fate Zero, Fate UBW

-Akame ga Kill (probably least favorite of the bunch, kinda dropping in quality last 3rd of it)

-Gurren Lagann 

and now I’m going through High School DxD (Almost finished Season 2 as of this post)

Edited by DreadFighter

I've recently discovered a lesser known manga called reincarnation no kaben. Very inconsistent writing, in my opinion the definition of average up until around chapter 20 or so. However, I have to give it a recommendation based on the creative premise and the plot twists in the most recent chapters (it appears to be approaching the climax and it's relatively short so far, so I can't say it's a complete waste of time). Definitely worth a read if you're a fan of something like Akame ga Kill.

I lack the resources to actually watch it in full right now and truly "follow" it, but I've been listening to the full version of Adabana Necromancy - the OP for Zombieland Saga - on loop for the past hour or two and probably won't be stopping any time soon.

I've seen all the released episodes of Goblin Slayer and Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai.  Both are very good.  Started watching DiTF, I like 002 but the story and other characters get a yawn from me.