What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on romance/drama manga high right now so here's a couple that I like.

Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai aka I Want to Eat Your Pancreas  was so damn good. I heavily resonate with a lot of the things it mentions and overall was just super enjoyable read/watch. I think it does a very good job establishing a powerful relationship between a guy and a gal without making it heavily based around love and romance but more around needing each other to understand ones self and their surroundings. I enjoyed the manga a little more but that was only because I didn't know what would happen the first time. Was hoping I would cry but did not in the end.

Kanojo no Rokurokobi is a rather short manga about a Yokai girl and her childhood friend with 22 chapters but is very nice. Nieki Zui has a very interesting style that I've come to really like.

Kakushigoto - Secrets is a rather interesting story that seems to revolve around the idea that "circumstances change but our feelings stay the same". The manga is actually written by the writer of Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai and drawn by the artist of Kanojo no Rokurokobi, funnily enough. The chapters that are currently out seem to be only the opening of the story so I can't wait to see more.

Go-Toubun no Hanayome aka Berkut's Harem is one that's been going on for a while that I really like. It isn't necessarily "amazing writing" but it does a lot to satisfy me. I feel like a lot of romance manga tend to build it's stories off of a lot of characters's misunderstandings and hesitation and is the reason a ton of them haven't concluded (which may simply mean it isn't time for it to end which is fine but I get tired of it quickly). While it does have some of these moments, this manga tends to give those misunderstandings and hesitations a follow-up quickly that gives them some progression and feels like the relationships are moving at a steady pace. Also it's art is good Haruba Negi has pretty stuff. Yippee it's getting an anime in a week or two.

Not a romance/drama but My Hero Academia blah yeah whatever I don't think I need or want to explain really

it's finally out "Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms" (Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou)

Sayonara-no-Asa-ni-Yakusoku-no-Hana-wo-K

it's made by P.A.Works, the same guys who made Sirius the Jaeger, so the animations will be top notch.

i think it's probably going to be another one of the few really good animes i've seen in the recent years.

[edit] i just found out that the character design apparently is made by Akihiko Yoshida. my mind just got blown away.

Edited by Fenreir

Since the Belmonts appeared in Smash I picked up the castlevania anime. First impression is pretty alright. Dracula is pretty interesting, the artstyle is a good fit, the voices are distinctive and so far it seems like a quality piece of work. Its a pleasant surprise. You'd think that with the series and Konami both being dead that the creators would be tempted to only make a halfhearted effort but an actual Castlevania fan seems to be behind the series. 

That said this anime does make the historian in me cry. The series is set during the 1400's when that evil vampire Dracula tries subjugating Wallachia.....when the actual Vlad ''Dracula'' Tepes is still supposed to be ruling the place as a human. And I'm pretty sure the Catholic church wasn't around in Romania at the time either. 

i have been following tokyo ghoul. Read the manga first and then started watching the anime. I can't believe that i got hooked to the whole franchise so badly. All the characters are so amazing and i love the soundtrack too. I have even ordered a live action mask of kaneki ken who is the main character of the series. Right now i am on season 3 and hope that kaneki and touka get in a relationship. Yikes! 

Hi everyone read My Girl by Mizu Sahara. Finished it in about 2 hours and its one of my favorites now.

d5.45dlH0oG.png

Edit: I need to gush about it more because I love it.

My Girl is about a 23 year-old dude named Masamune, who, for years, has been waiting for his lover, Youko, who left to study abroad. He'd send many letters to her hoping for a response back but none came, causing him to develop doubt. One day, Youko's mother comes to tell him that she passed away. He also learns from her mother's visit that Youko secretly had a daughter (which is said to be his) named Koharu who is now 5 years-old, however this is met with much skepticism (reasonably so). Meeting Koharu by chance, she delivers him a bunch of response letters from Youko. From them, he learns why she chose to keep Koharu a secret from him, how lonely she was, and that he was wrong for doubting her. For his lover who chose to take on parenthood alone for 5 years, Masamune decides that he would try living together with his daughter. Sounds a bit questionable at first but you really just have to read it to get the full gist of it.

Anyways, I absolutely love this manga. I can't express how glad I am to stumble upon it. "Single father raising daughter" seems to be a common concept in manga but I think this one does an amazing job. The art is good, it's really hard to dislike a lot of the characters, the whole thing is adorable and will make your eyes water or put a stupid grin on your face, there's just so much that I love about it. The story tackles a lot of hard subjects such as parenthood (an obvious one), putting value in yourself in a family, enduring loneliness, moving on from the past,  divorce and how it effects a child, there's just a lot. If I could choose any story to get an anime adaptation, I'd choose My Girl in a heartbeat.

Edited by KongDude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been watching A Place Further than the Universe. It's really good, I should finish it in 2 days or so.

Honestly I've been watching a lot of animes recently, due to having more free time, and I have a good number on my list to watch, most notably Monogatari.

Re-watched The Legend of Black Heaven. Sheer nostalgia for the music portrayed in the anime gives way to sheer nostalgia for the anime itself, although I'm more of a David Coverdale guy.

• 2 weeks later...

started watching kaguya-sama love is war and I'm loving it. As a person who loves me some death note and tsundere unresolved romantic tension this show is right up my alley. Also the fact that the scenarios are super wacky and hilarious and I love it.