What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't YYH just like DBZ?

Not every shonen fighting anime is just like DBZ, just so you know.

Now quickly, list every shonen fighting anime you think is just like DBZ

Isn't YYH just like DBZ?

Not every shonen fighting anime is just like DBZ, just so you know.

Now quickly, list every shonen fighting anime you think is just like DBZ

Tisk tisk Hika, remember, if its not like DBZ, it isn't Shonen Fighting anime!

LOL, DBZ I think is the only massive fighting anime I've seen.

Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha are the only other ones that focus on fighting and Inuyasha is stretching that.

Basilisk if you wanna say that, but unlike naruto it's not 200+ episode long with tons of fillers.

...LOL, that doesn't bother me. TV-MA. Basilisk should have def. been TV-MA, so should have GITS: SAC and both of those are really good.

I don't watch hentai, yuri, or yoai, however, I will watch shonen-ai if it's good. Gravitation was really really good.

I liked DTB first season better, but I didn't think the series as a whole was that bad

Oh and Hatari, Please Teacher was good, but I really liked Please Twins much more. I recommend it if you life comedy, slice of life type stuff

I'm not a massive fan of slice of life. There has to be a really good plot or something. Prince of Tennis was awesome and the only Slice of Life that I really got into. Please teacher interested me because of the aliens....IDK....we will see.

Thanks for the thoughts.

I'm not sure a show about a guy who's the God of Tennis or whatever the hell or a show about aliens being considered slice of life would be smart

Edited by narusasuyaoixoxoxo69

I'm not sure a show about a guy who's the God of Tennis or whatever the hell or a show about aliens being considered slice of life would be smart

Technically things like Aria are slice of life shows though.

But yeah, you're kind of right there, in that in both those shows the events can be quite extraordinary and action packed, whereas in something like Aria, the events are ordinary, albeit in a non-ordinary setting. Basically, the events are events that conceivably could happen to average people living in that setting.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Lol, true true, but there isn't a any serious fantasy/sci-fi elements to prince of tennis. Just people who are good at tennis.

Peach Girl is slice of life...Suzaku (sp) I think would be another one. I'm not too crazy about either.

I just started watching Pandora Hearts yesterday. Only saw one episode, but it seemed interesting enough to keep watching. Also about halfway through Death Note. I've also had GitS and Eva on my to-watch list for way too long.

What is pandora hearts, it sounds interesting.

Arg, I watched the entire series of death note and hated it. Which is weird, since I usually like animes that deal with shinigami. I think it was too theoretical for me. I don't know...A lot of people seem to like it though.

and after L died, it totally went down hill, I only finished it to honor L. The only thing that made me want to watch it in the first place was the fight between L and light (kira).

Edited by Hatari

@Hatari

I've still only seen one episode of Pandora Hearts, and quite frankly, I don't have a clue what the show's about yet :huh:And now, I'm stuck on a shitty connection for almost a month, so I can't watch any more of it

Arg, I watched the entire series of death note and hated it. Which is weird, since I usually like animes that deal with shinigami. I think it was too theoretical for me. I don't know...A lot of people seem to like it though.

and after L died, it totally went down hill, I only finished it to honor L. The only thing that made me want to watch it in the first place was the fight between L and light (kira).

I haven't gotten to that point in the anime yet, and I probably won't. I started watching it because I loved the manga, but I don't think the anime's nearly as good, although I felt that the manga went downhill at that same time. I loved it for the cat-and-mouse battle of wits between Light and L.