A question about imbue.

Fayt Zelpher

So, over in the FE10 board, we're wondering about how the game determines who can equip the imbue spell. We're not sure if it's coded into each character, or based on that character's tier 3 magic cap. In order to answer this question, I ask that someone hack Elincia's magic caps to 31, 32, 33, 34, and 35. If it's based on the magic cap, then at some point, Elincia wouldn't be able to equip imbue. I ask this because Elincia seems to be able to equip imbue, but not Mist. (and Elincia has a 30 cap to Mist's 35).

Could someone get back to me with that stuff? I'd be quite interested to know for certain.

I'm guessing it's do with classes.

Looking up the Queen and Valkyrie classes, I see that Valkyrie has the hidden skill "Mage", but Queen does not, which might be why Mist can't use Imbue (and probably magic cards as well?).

I'm guessing it's do with classes.

Looking up the Queen and Valkyrie classes, I see that Valkyrie has the hidden skill "Mage", but Queen does not, which might be why Mist can't use Imbue (and probably magic cards as well?).

I'm not sure about whether either can use cards since it wasn't important enough to remember.

Since there apparently is a hidden skill "Mage" (confirmed by Vincent, so we know it's true), I'd assume that this is what determines ability to use card/imbue. If someone can both hack and play the game, if they could modify just give this "Mage" skill to various units that don't already have it to confirm then that would be cool. Also, give Ike or someone a 40 magic cap to confirm if they programmed one or two tests for determining if a character can use Imbue.

I don't have a save where I can distribute Skills, so I opted to test with cards.

Image 1 - Trueblade with 40 Magic cap

Image 2 - Edward can still use cards

Image 3 - Trueblade's Astra skill swapped with Mage

Image 4 - Can't use cards anymore

Why is it all discolored? Sorry to make you go through all of the work to prove something I already knew. :(

I could have told you that without making this thread...

Well, sorry. It's not like I am supposed to know that you would have that sort of information. It may have been a waste of a topic, but it's not like I knew who to ask.

Well, sorry. It's not like I am supposed to know that you would have that sort of information. It may have been a waste of a topic, but it's not like I knew who to ask.

Its my fault for not posting back sooner.

Its my fault for not posting back sooner.

It's okay. I'm sorry. But I figured that this was the best place to put it, given what little knowledge I had of the inner workings of the game. I thought that someone else might know more, and I was correct in believing that. Nonetheless, I apologize for doing so.

There's really no need for all this apologising; it just took a few minutes to try : P

If you had told me to find the everybodys growth rates when they're already known, then that might be kind of annoying.

There's really no need for all this apologising; it just took a few minutes to try : P

If you had told me to find the everybodys growth rates when they're already known, then that might be kind of annoying.

Oh, okay. :) I was worried that I was being a major pain in your side asking all these questions that seemed to be already widely known by everyone here.