FE6 revamp hack

Deliriyum

THIS IS FOR FE7 NOW AND NOT FE6

Alright, I am making my second FE6 hack. My last one being switching people's classes. For this one I will pretty much make everyone a new character with new bases and new growths and probably a new class. That is the easy part. I want include various other changes to items and classes.

Archers: short bow will be 1-2 ranged. Regular bows will be 2-3. Long bow will be 3-10. I will be making longbow a lot weaker to compensate. Snipers will have +30 crit

Mages: Will be able to use light and anima, then staves on promotion

Dark Mages: Can use dark and anima, and gets staves on promotion

Cleric: Uses staves then light

Master Sage: I want to put this in as a sort of Gotoh unit who can use all three types of magic and staves, but I'm not entirely sure how I

will go about doing this.

wyvern riders: not vulnerable to arrows

peg knights: not vulnerable to aircaliber

I want mounted units to be able to move again.

Also I will be raising the hit of some things and lowering the weight of some things.

Does anyone have any other ideas? The ones that are bolded are the ones I need someone to tell me how to do them.

LYN MODE: download

Edited by Core

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Master sage, just find an open class ex: civilian and jive them all the weapon levels and a sage animation. Unless you want a different sprite for them, then just import one like Arch Sage or Necromancer would look good.

For wyverns and pegasuses, just change the effectiveness of the bow and aircalibur to only effect what they should.

Mounted move again is a patch by Nintenlord, so just credit him since it's for public use.

Other ideas:

- Main character isn't a sword user, maybe a dragon/peg knight or even a knight. All fire emblems I've played have at least one sword lord.

- New maps,complete with new storyline and people

- Do something special with the Al sword, Gant lance, and Tina staff.

- Make it hard, but not impossible, like you have to actallu think about your moves, not just go willy-nilly

Good luck, you don't have to use my ideas, they're suggestions.

Long bow will be 3-10. I will be making longbow a lot weaker to compensate. Snipers will have +30 crit

Don't make it weaker, long bows are already really weak in FE6. Instead, give it shit accuracy.

Also, why 3-10 range instead of 2-10? It doesn't make sense to me why you'd take away its 2-range capabilities. Don't say balance, if balance is the reason just leave longbows the way they are currently and add more ballistae to the game or something.

Mages: Will be able to use light and anima, then staves on promotion

Dark Mages: Can use dark and anima, and gets staves on promotion

This seems silly, why give both of the offensive mage classes weapons that can counter each other? Then the dark mage just becomes a crappy slower version of the mage.

wyvern riders: not vulnerable to arrows

If you do this you'll be making them mounted generals. They should be made vulnerable to something else to compensate.

Also, try to be consistent with flying units--if you remove the vulnerability to arrows or aircalibur from either, remove it from both. Inconsistency will make the patch look sloppy.

---

I think you'll need to make more changes if you want people to play the patch, but other than the points I quoted I think you've had good ideas. If you make something of them I look forward to checking it out.

Edited by Hero

Regarding Master sage, just find an open class ex: civilian and jive them all the weapon levels and a sage animation. Unless you want a different sprite for them, then just import one like Arch Sage or Necromancer would look good.For wyverns and pegasuses, just change the effectiveness of the bow and aircalibur to only effect what they should.Mounted move again is a patch by Nintenlord, so just credit him since it's for public use.Other ideas:- Main character isn't a sword user, maybe a dragon/peg knight or even a knight. All fire emblems I've played have at least one sword lord.- New maps,complete with new storyline and people- Do something special with the Al sword, Gant lance, and Tina staff.- Make it hard, but not impossible, like you have to actallu think about your moves, not just go willy-nillyGood luck, you don't have to use my ideas, they're suggestions.

I'll probably change Roy, but can't that get glitchy? I feel like if there is any pre-scripted stuff it will stall the game(like Seth in FE8). How do you make the game harder? Increse the growth rate of each enemy type? Really I don't know how to make all the changes you mentioned with new characters/maps. My hacking knowledge only extends to Nightmare and codebreaker codes. I don't know anything about FEditor or even how to use it.

Don't make it weaker, long bows are already really weak in FE6. Instead, give it shit accuracy.Also, why 3-10 range instead of 2-10? It doesn't make sense to me why you'd take away its 2-range capabilities. Don't say balance, if balance is the reason just leave longbows the way they are currently and add more ballistae to the game or something.This seems silly, why give both of the offensive mage classes weapons that can counter each other? Then the dark mage just becomes a crappy slower version of the mage.If you do this you'll be making them mounted generals. They should be made vulnerable to something else to compensate.Also, try to be consistent with flying units--if you remove the vulnerability to arrows or aircalibur from either, remove it from both. Inconsistency will make the patch look sloppy.---I think you'll need to make more changes if you want people to play the patch, but other than the points I quoted I think you've had good ideas. If you make something of them I look forward to checking it out.

There is no 2-10 option for range in nightmare. Balistae are considered items so I could just make them buyable at some point, except that I can't have snipers have both +30 crit and use balistae because it is the same ability slot. As for the magic, It's not really necessary, but it was just an idea I had. Fliers already have a slew of problems. Peg knights are facing axes which hurt, and wyvern knights don't exactly shrug off magic attacks. Its not like wyvern knights are boasting such high defence anyways. I'd say something like a 25 growth is reasonable for this game.

Edited by Core

If you add the hexs, you can combine the abilities. Ex: 40(Critical Bonus)+ 80(Ballista use)= C0(Both bonus and ballista). And by hex I mean 5+5=A, not 10.

It doesn't get glitchy, I've made roy a shaman in a minor FE6 hack of mine and it works fine.

Chapter Tutorial not mine, but its a good one. I never used a tutorial for anything but item insertion and that was just for the offsets. Try out the FEditor and see what you can do with it, you might be surprised.

And with the range thing, I'm not sure, but if you open the moduele itself in nightmare... go here for the answer.

Edited by Uphir

If you add the hexs, you can combine the abilities. Ex: 40(Critical Bonus)+ 80(Ballista use)= C0(Both bonus and ballista). And by hex I mean 5+5=A, not 10.

It doesn't get glitchy, I've made roy a shaman in a minor FE6 hack of mine and it works fine.

Chapter Tutorial not mine, but its a good one. I never used a tutorial for anything but item insertion and that was just for the offsets. Try out the FEditor and see what you can do with it, you might be surprised.

And with the range thing, I'm not sure, but if you open the moduele itself in nightmare... go here for the answer.

Oh boy what have I gotten myself into? Anyways, I will play around with some stuff when I get the chance and hopefully I'll figure it out. Is there a specific pattern for the values of Hex when you add them together?

You might be able to change the range by adjusting it manually.

If you notice, 1~1 range is stored as 0x11, 2~3 as 0x23. 2~10 range should thus be 0x2A.

There should be a text file that lists all the ranges you can input with the item editor module. Just add an entry for 0x2A or something.

EDIT

I noticed Uphir mentioned pretty much the same thing; either way works.

Edited by VincentASM

You might be able to change the range by adjusting it manually.

If you notice, 1~1 range is stored as 0x11, 2~3 as 0x23. 2~10 range should thus be 0x2A.

There should be a text file that lists all the ranges you can input with the item editor module. Just add an entry for 0x2A or something.

Actually, in FE6, it shows the values in a drop box. It says no range, 1 range, 1-2 range, 2-3 range, 3-10 range, 3-15 range, and all. You have to do what Zoma did on my link to do what you're saying. On the other FEs, that is possible.

No, just open the calculator on your computer, go to view, scientific mode, and then change it to hex mode. Then just use it like a normal calculator, with letters of course, not as hard as you think, really.

go figure. I'm at my grandma's house and she doesn't have a calculator on her comp. Luckily I'm leaving soon.

Yeah hopefully this stuff will come to me with practice and trial and error.

Edited by Core

Actually, in FE6, it shows the values in a drop box. It says no range, 1 range, 1-2 range, 2-3 range, 3-10 range, 3-15 range, and all. You have to do what Zoma did on my link to do what you're saying. On the other FEs, that is possible.

It's not possible in FE6 only because the commonly-used item editor module used a dropbox for the value (you probably know that, but I'll just explicitly mention it in case people don't know).

You can either change the module itself like you suggested, but you can also change the relevant text file, since that's also changing the module in a way.

I checked and the relevant text file should be "Weapon Ranges". Just change the first number from 8 to 9, and add in "0x2A 2~10 Range".

Edited by VincentASM

It's not possible in FE6 only because the commonly-used item editor module used a dropbox for the value (you probably know that, but I'll just explicitly mention it in case people don't know).

You can either change the module itself like you suggested, but you can also change the relevant text file, since that's also changing the module in a way.

I checked and the relevant text file should be "Weapon Ranges". Just change the first number from 8 to 9, and add in "0x2A 2~10 Range".

So if I wanted longbow to be 2-5 I would add 0x25?

How do you get FEditor running? It is a 7Z file and I have no clue what to do with it.

never mind I got it

Except everytime I try to load the rom an error occurs.

never mind

wow this seems complicated.

Edited by Core

How do you get FEditor running? It is a 7Z file and I have no clue what to do with it.

never mind I got it

Except everytime I try to load the rom an error occurs.

never mind

wow this seems complicated.

It is actually a very simple program. You just have to get used it:)

Lately, whenever I make changes to my FE6 ROM, it stops working.

It is actually a very simple program. You just have to get used it:)

Lately, whenever I make changes to my FE6 ROM, it stops working.

I have a question before I have to get off for the night.

Can you export sprites to work on them then put them back in? Could I take a sprite from FE8 and edit it then put it in FE6? IIRC FE8 has 32 bit sprites and FE6 has 16 bit so I would need to only have 16 colors in the editted sprite, right?

Edited by Core

I have a question before I have to get off for the night.

Can you import/export sprites to work on them then put them back in? Could I take a sprite from FE8 and edit it then put it in FE6? IIRC FE8 has 32 bit sprites and FE6 has 16 bit so I would need to only have 16 colors in the editted sprite, right?

You should be able too... But I am not sure. I tried putting the FE8 Sage in FE6, but it freezes lately. :/

You should be able too... But I am not sure. I tried putting the FE8 Sage in FE6, but it freezes lately. :/

I mean, the face sprite/picture. I was thinking of taking Innes and making him look badass then making him the new main character

I mean, the face sprite/picture. I was thinking of taking Innes and making him look badass then making him the new main character

Sorry that I was not clear enough. I meant the MUG, and then I went on talking about the Battle sprites.

Sorry that I was not clear enough. I meant the MUG, and then I went on talking about the Battle sprites.

so "mug" is the technical term for the face sprite. thanks. I'll look more into it tomorrow after school. My main goal for this hack is to make new people with animations to match them. If I can work out the text and events and maps and stuff, then YAY for me.