Integ's gon' rank the characters!

L'arachel... got 1.5 more than Saleh... and 4.5 more than Knoll... who also scored lower than Syrene and Ewan... Rennac and Dozla got the same score... What?

I give up on Knoll and Syrene and Ewan, but L'arachel and Saleh I'll take a stab at. 20/8 Saleh has 54 MT with Excalibur. 20/1 L'arachel with Elfire has 26.5. He has 33.5 10.8 and 15.45 as his defensive stats. She has 28.65 9.55 and 18.5. This is at endgame. He's more durable and has better offense than her when he's at his worst compared to her. Not to mention all the previous time when he's been so substantially better than her that it's hilarious. And she gets +1.5 compared to him?

The argument is that Saleh is redundant, while L'Arachel is not.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably thinks he is overrated, I did too, but that was before I re-checked his stats.

Saleh deserves a higher score, more than L'Arachel, easy as that.

Saleh joins with a higher staff rank and combat and the same movement. At practically the same time. What?

No, because Saleh doesn't do anything Lute doesn't, even trained, while L'Arachel trained is amazing. I'm just stating her opinion, btw, I agree that she's massively overrating L'Arachel.

No, because Saleh doesn't do anything Lute doesn't, even trained, while L'Arachel trained is amazing. I'm just stating her opinion, btw, I agree that she's massively overrating L'Arachel.

Who is "she"? May I remind you Integrity is "he"? Reason why Marisa is placed so high...

No one ever said that, it was against L'arachel, who starts out very underleveled, mains staves and still has a lower rank than a Sage.

This has made me want to make my own ranking list. Would you mind if I did? I mean, I don't want to try and compete with you, but...yeah, I won't start mine 'til you're done, unless you don't mind me starting earlier.

And I've got the worst pedigree for it. Just look at my response to CATS in my first and only debate.

Yeah, there ain't one. The numbers disagreed with me on too many counts.

I am, however, good at arguing when I don't have to back it up XD

Edited by Furetchen

I'll say it again, everything I've put up with the exception of MARISA'S SCORE has been honest. Marisa's writeup contains my actual thoughts on the unit. I thought I made that clear enough when I stated all her downsides and then proceeded to give her a 10.0 :awesome:, but it seems I was wrong. I've now edited the OP to sledgehammer my point home.

As for placing the men low? I'm offended by that, I am. We haven't gotten to the men I find useful, like Ephraim, Franz, Kyle, Seth, Moulder, ... ... ...

As I said once before, Saleh may very well be > L'Arachel. I can see the scattered points that have been made BUT I'm leaving that out of this now. That's Black Bomb's territory now.

Furetchen: I wouldn't mind at all tbh. I was originally going to start this as a humor project but it actually turned into backing my opinions up and moving characters around, but don't hold back on my part certainly.

Edited by Integrity

Hey, Furetchen, I actually sorta started doing a character ranking of my own. I'd kinda like to get it posted. Sorry...

WE haven't gotten to the men I find useful

So, you've been ranking characters honestly on your opinion of them as units?

Every one of them except Marisa.

EDIT: Well, to be fair, Knoll's/to a lesser extend Dozla/Rennac's were fueled partially by the fact that I don't have *extensive* experience with the units and I really didn't care overmuch about them, but that's phasing out now.

Edited by Integrity

CORMINA

Cormina, Glen's pretty little sister, is mostly useful for her ability to unlock the legendary Septangle Attack (see attached diagram). The essentials to the Septangle Attack are you must have six Falcoknights arranged as seen below (I recommend Vanessa, Tana, Syrene, Florina, Fiora, and Thany since Farina is a pain to recruit), then move a female Wyvern Rider into the proper position (only Cormina can be used for this purpose, being the only female Wyvern Rider on the GBA) and have her attack. She'll say an inspirational line and the knights will execute the Septangle Attack, which does 1024 damage to the targeted unit and bypasses resistances. The many uses of this include killing Formortiis in -1 turns so you can go back in time and kill Batta before he tries to mug MarkPaul, thereby bypassing the space-time continuum and causing Zephiel to die in his sleep and Eliwood to be ridiculously manly and Hector to be a girl.

FIG A: SEPTANGLEING PROPERLY

post-1835-127013149893_thumb.png

However, this is to say nothing of Cormina's actual attack power. Cormina has a ridiculous 25% STR growth, but it's matched by her 230% SKL growth, allowing her crit rates to break 100% with Iron weapons. To top this off, she comes with a base resistance of 25, though she's hurting in the CON department sadly. She does have a moderately fast support with Seth, however, which gives her +5 to CON and allows Seth to fly as long as they're together.

Simply put, I believe Cormina to be the best unit in the game, even outclassing Seth despite the fact that he joins 10 chapters earlier. The only factor truly against Cormina is the fact that she starts as an enemy, which can mess you up quickly. To bypass this, I recommend having a unit you don't particularly like to throw at her - if you're on Eirika's route, Ewan works well.

happy april fool's day!

Edited by Integrity

Hey, Furetchen, I actually sorta started doing a character ranking of my own. I'd kinda like to get it posted. Sorry...

No problem. I'll wait 'til one of the two is finished.

Integ also forgot to mention Vaida (Wyvern Lord) and Heath (last I checked, real men don't have pussies).

They're both men.

Miledy doesn't count.

I think I understand why this was supposed to be a humoristic topic...the rankings are so funny that they don't even make sense!

It's not a humor topic, you know. I don't appreciate your snide insinuations. Opinion != humor.

-_-

EDIT: Cormina's brother Cormag ought to be showing up today, unless I decide to discontinue this on account of poor reception. Don't think I'm ready to do that yet, but we'll see.

Edited by Integrity

It's a humour topic. Marisa was rightfully bashed before being moved up to a 10. And Cormina's as imaginary as the khaki-tunicked fighter in that FE dream/nightmare I once had.

It was confusing. I think it was like a pre-Lyn Mode 'Lyn Mode'.

It's a humour topic. Marisa was rightfully bashed before being moved up to a 10. And Cormina's as imaginary as the khaki-tunicked fighter in that FE dream/nightmare I once had.

It was confusing. I think it was like a pre-Lyn Mode 'Lyn Mode'.

Edward's tunic is kinda khaki?

WRT Cormag himself, I totally didn't get around to it because I installed the Mount and Blade: Warband demo. Fuck. My day just vanished.

Cormag tomorrow I SWEAR.

Edward's tunic is kinda khaki?

WRT Cormag himself, I totally didn't get around to it because I installed the Mount and Blade: Warband demo. Fuck. My day just vanished.

Cormag tomorrow I SWEAR.

I said that guy was Edward?

It was GBA format, anyway. Although it looked a little like Front Mission in some aspects, it was definitely an FE dream. I think everyone eventually ate it apart from the couple of characters who actually appeared in the mainline game.

Imagine Lyn Mode but only like 3 characters actually make it to the next part of the game XD

That aside, M&B is great.

It was a question, Fuery. Edward's tunic is kinda khaki, [invisible] so maybe it was secretly him?

I'm torn between dropping the $30 on MnB now though. >>

CORMAG

Cormag's eyes are going to hunt you down and stab you somewhere. Be forewarned.

Cormag has precisely two weaknesses in the game: his RES and his join time on Eirika's route. Cormag is also a royal fucking pain in the ass to recruit, Rennac-style - except instead of throwing enemies at you, Cormag will just fly around and annihilate your squishies/die horribly to Lute. Either way, you don't get him. Fortunately, in either route you have Tana who's faster than him and can recruit him and subsequently be rescued and flown away with romantically.

Here's the difference between Cormag and fuckingRennac, though: Cormag is ACTUALLY WORTH RECRUITING [queue gasps, please].

Let's compare Cormag to my favorite flier, Vanessa. L'il V is quite a good unit, hampered only by the fact that she joins in the most axe-heavy game since the start of Lyn's Mode and thus doesn't get much-needed early levels without some heartache. I'm going to be EXTREMELY generous here (I mean EXTREMELY) and assume that V is a 20/1 Falcoknight (yeah, that's right) in Ephraim 10. Note, as I type the next paragraph, that this is somewhere between RIDONKULOUSLY HARD and PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE depending on how much you grind the Arena in Joshua's stage. Comparing a 20/1 Vanessa with a level 9/-- Cormag reveals one thing:

Cormag is still winning in several stats.

He has half the SKL and SPD and a third of the LCK and a pathetic fifth of the RES of Vanessa (making him prime raep target for the evil eyes), but he has approximately TIED HP and BETTER STR and DEF. Than a 20/1 unit who's, realistically, more like 14. Tops. If she's 14, Cormag laughs as he doesn't double and does way more damage anyway with higher CON for future-proofing. Comparing him to a silly Paladin? Counting both at 20/1, WL!Cormag laughs at Paladin!Forde in every way except RES again. Also, Cormag flies. Cormag also, topping this off, comes with his OWN Elysian Whip. Sure, you can give it to Tana or Vanessa, but can you really fault a man who has the decency to show up bearing a Killer weapon and his own promotion item? That's foresight, pal.

Taking Cormag to the EXXXTREME, his stats vary between stupid good (almost naturally capped health what.) and an awesome 6 RES at 20/20. He suffers BADLY in the resist department - which matters significantly for, oh, Riev and Lyon in the end-game. Also that stupid Shadowshot Arch Evil Eye in C20, but who gives a shit about him. He can't even kill Cormag with 100% hit before Cormag's like WTF IN HIS FACE, because - oh yeah, CORMAG FLIES.

Now, Cormag does get hit in the supports department. He has a series of slow supports that all start low. None are more than +2, and none start higher than 10 points. Fortunately, Cormag doesn't even NEED friends - and if he really wants the supports badly, say for the Creature Campaign, he can grab a delicious Anima support with Duessel and/or Seth. Want him to support a flier instead? Oh, Tana's there. Maybe he ought to protect the squishies instead? He's got Artur and Natasha. Cormag is slow and starts low, but can eventually support any unit archetype you want him to. Classy.

Cormag's biggest downside is he joins rather late in Eirika's route and is, if anything, a bigger pain in the ass to recruit. He has some troubles catching back up - it's not impossible - but if you're assuming Eirika's route instead, just pretend subtract however many points you want.

Edited by Integrity

? Cormag is incredibly easy to recruit in Eirika mode. The only thing I can see that might make it difficult is if you kill Aias too quickly by accident.