Furetchen's Highly Opinionated and Probably Inaccurate Ratings

But Eph/Forde/Kyle would be.

When people are suggesting Orson > Amelia, then there is something intrinsically wrong with the game design XD Someone should debate it.

Anyway, next~

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amelia is now a 0.5.

I still need someone to rant about dammit~

So who's left...

Seth, Ross, Vanessa, Forde, Ephraim, Gerik, Saleh, Lute, Artur, Duessel, Innes...is that all? I think there're more than that. And I won't do Tethys as I lack the qualifications.

Edited by Trompe le Monde

Amelia is now a 0.5.

I still need someone to rant about dammit~

So who's left...

Seth, Ross, Vanessa, Forde, Ephraim, Gerik, Saleh, Lute, Artur, Duessel, Innes...is that all? I think there're more than that. And I won't do Tethys as I lack the qualifications.

Most people don't like to rank dancers.

What would be awesome is if someone like Vanessa could recruit him in his boss chapter by pretending to be his wife XD

What would be awesome is if someone like Vanessa could recruit him in his boss chapter by pretending to be his wife XD

Vanessa is now officially jailbait tier.

I think Orson's should be higher even if he is around for only one chapter because CC is NOT the main game, just a trial map, he contributes very well in Chapter 5x.

People who are only around for one chapter cannot rise above a one >_> Even Ewan can chip and take one or possibly even more hits for people that are more useful, and he can train and recruit Marisa on Eph route.

GERIK

Gerik is really too good for this world. Or at the very least wasted on Sacred Stones. Man, he's good. I mean...wow. God. Yeah.

Okay, so I'm a Gerik nut, okay? He kinda dragged my otherwise completely crap team through SS on my first FE playthrough of any stripe. And he did a grand job of it too. I think he could armwrestle Demon King!Dorcas and win.

But that's neither here nor there. What is here is everything else.

I'm going to break it down for you here. Gerik can wield EVERY sword and bow (if Ranger), and every non-Devil axe if Hero (possibly Steel/Brave Axes, but not by much at any rate), without AS loss. Even if he suffers AS loss, he has a 13 base speed with a 30% growth. At level TEN. So he's doubling most things, prob'ly several bosses as well, For Massive Damage. His durability is great, too, with lashings of HP and fair Def. Poor Res, but A; That's not his job and B; Audhulma.

Gerik is also likable, not just 'cause he's fucken awesome but also for his support list. His slowest is ThunderXFire Ross, and that's still 0+3. But he has another ThunderXFire 30+4 (!!!) with his anorexic OTP Tethys, who rocks. Basically all of his supports are fast and good, and he's a much sought-after partner.

So Gerik is a lean (kinda), green (haired) killing machine, slaughtering foes in fountains of blood while building up supports, holding the line at the front with a Steel Blade or holding the back lines, a true jack of all trades, master of the lot. This is before promotion. After promotion he becomes a deity of the smackdown, beating the crap out of Gorgons and making Cyclops' cry for their demonic mommas. He is either an inferior but better-looking Nomadic Trooper, being rangelocked for life BUT gaining 7 move and deliciously competent 2 range and deliciously existant 3-range, or is a still awesome spiky!Hero, who is essentially Mercenary!Gerik but slightly better at everything.

Gerik. You can't go wrong. Third best character in the game, easily, and that's only because Franz and Seth are both equally broken, but start with ponies from early chapters. Gerik deserves his

9.5/10.

Uh, so Athos only gets a 1? That logic is flawed. Ewan will never save you turns. Ever. If you seriously use him, he slows you down. And then you factor how much better the unit he replaced is. Crediting him w/ Marisa's recruitment just makes him worse. Orson, on the other hand, saves a few (several?) turns. That's >>>>> quite a few characters in this game.

(Is beginning to lose patience)

Athos can take 30 health off any last level boss, doubling some, with high crit and the possibility of being barded to do the same again. Orson is a rather slow level one Paladin who you'll want to use to bring the map to a swifter end. You would probably not need Orson if your cavs and Ephraim started with Iron Lances as well as Steel.

ANYWAY, that aside, Orson is NOT moving from his current comfortable position of One Lonely Point for performing pretty well in One Lonely Chapter. If you want Ewan to be a -4 out of 10, then make him so in one or both of your two rating topics.

Next. Please. Just to distance myself from Orson and the trainees. And whoever says Ross will be executed

But I wanted to say something before you RAGE'd ;~;

ANYWAY, even though we know Forde and Kyle are just about great, I think their performance is equal to Eirika and Franz's earlygame, they have just about the same offense against enemies as they do, and then you have Orson who is actually getting the job done much easier, faster and effeciently, and even though he isn't necesary, we could say the same about Seth when Franz is killing enemies in two hits at his starting chapter (With WTA), but Seth at least repays you by staying forever. Orson's one chapter avaibility should indeed put him down, but not for ONE, I think he deserves at least five times that when he's not in the least useless (He's doubling most enemies that aren't mercenaries, even if he doesn't double them, he's 1HKO'ing)

Orson remains at one. If I didn't even put him on the goddamn list I doubt I would've found many problems with Ewan at 1.5.

Next.

Please.

For the sake of humanity.

Before I kill someone.

• 2 weeks later...

*dusts off the cobwebs*

*cough cough* Yeah, arright...Artur, then.

ARTUR

Or GARtur, as absolutely nobody calls him.

Light magic...not a fan. I'm definitely a fan of Artur himself, don't get me wrong. That's why he's getting a good rank. But he's definitely not the best out there. Good, not really great.

So yeah. Artur. Lot like Lute. I mean, he starts marginally faster and more durable, and ends marginally more fragile and slower. He's your best choice against Mogalls though, at the start, and they're really a massive pain in the arse to beat up with anyone else. He doesn't have much of an Enemy Phase against fighters with his crap durability, but can easily tank and subsequently beat the everloving shit out of magi. He doesn't really do either as well as Lute though, at least not after a few levels. But just because he ain't as good as Lute doesn't mean he's a piece of crap. He's actually a pretty good, solid unit. But this is a game in which there are MANY pretty good solid units. And a fair lot of very good outstanding units. The question is, can Artur really deserve his slot?

Yes. Yes he does, and I'll tell you why. High Skill and innate crit from light magic, taking advantage of low Res, and handily beating Dark, usually doubling and slaughtering people handily on Player Phase, with the option of Sages and Bishops to beat everything no matter which path (Bishes are weaker against humans but stupidly overpowered against monsters. But you already knew that, yeah?). So Yeah. Artur; good. Not great. Powerful. Not gamebreaking. Instead of being the powerhouse he could've been with Lute out of the picture, he is merely second fiddle. Instead of a 9, he must get a

7.5/10.

Ross, Vanessa, Forde, Ephraim, Saleh, Lute, Duessel, Innes...possibly more than that. I'm obliged to do Ephraim next, anyways.

• 1 month later...

Eh, personally, I consider Artur better than Lute. Faster, and a better promotion since Bishop gets C Staves. I can't stand the way Lute dies to Dark magic later on in the game either. Although if you use one, you should really use both. Artur's only non-sucky support alternative is Joshua, which is Wind/Ice (ew), and Lute has no non-sucky alternatives.

Um.

Now that this thread has sprung back into life, I kinda feel obliged to revive it once more.

Some time when it's not 10:30 in the night and I'm trying to finish an assignment that's due tomorrow.

Edited by Furetchen Arrowroot

and Lute has no non-sucky alternatives.

How is Lute's Kyle support sucky? Yes, there's a movement difference at first, but it's quite easy to give them similar MOV when they promote. Like, if Lute promotes to Sage, Kyle could just go Great Knight, and if Lute promotes to Warlock instead, she has 7 MOV anyway. Anima x Ice is pretty good, too.

Ross, while not a particularly good unit himself, isn't that bad of an option either if you're using him.

Lute's Kyle support is sucky for being slow (average growth, low start) on two units who aren't together until midway through the game, then have a movement disparity for a good quarter of the remainder. Just like LuteXVanessa, it's a great mutual support if you can build it, but that's the clincher.

Edited by Integrity

How is Lute's Kyle support sucky? Yes, there's a movement difference at first, but it's quite easy to give them similar MOV when they promote. Like, if Lute promotes to Sage, Kyle could just go Great Knight, and if Lute promotes to Warlock instead, she has 7 MOV anyway. Anima x Ice is pretty good, too.

Ross, while not a particularly good unit himself, isn't that bad of an option either if you're using him.

Kyle/Lute is hamstrung by poor support speed and different movement. Plus, by trying to support Lute with both Kyle and Artur, you are trying to juggle a 6, 7, and 8 move unit around so that they always end their turn together. On maps like saay, Scorched Sand or Ruled by Madness or Two Faces of Evil, horse units are either majorly fucked or so far ahead of everyone else so that they can get shit done. Kyle has his own supports he likes, as well, such as Forde and Ephraim. I think Lute is far better off trying to focus on one support.

Ross is a possibility, but he wants to glue himself to Garcia and he sucks in his own right.