Fire Emblem NES Translation

Quirino

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for not being online for such a long time. I don't know why my site got deleted. Very nice the host even told it to me [/not]. I will upload my site again to a better host.

I don't know why those stat boosters keep on glitching: I didn't have those problems during my playthrough, but I'll fix it anyway. Thanks again Flock of Geese for bug testing. I will fix all the glitches during this weekend, finally some spare time!

finally some spare time!

I know the feeling. Actually, I'm STILL stuck on the desert chapter. I'll probably play it with savestates.

EDIT: Now that finals are over, I should have more time to play FE1, so the testing should be done soon. BTW, Quirino, did you ever manage to fix the errors in the Pales level? I know I didn't exactly make it easy to find the text.

Edited by Flock of Geese

• 4 weeks later...

Again, sorry for the double-post. This is just how I get Quirino's attention.

Quirino, I have spare time again now that it's summer, so I'll be doing more testing. I have a few things to point out in the Battle of Aritia, but this chapter is REALLY getting on my nerves, so don't expect me to finish it anytime soon.

Peace out.

• 1 month later...

It's gonne take longer than I thought. I have to sort out the coding of this game all over again and I do not feel like doing that right now. When I feel like it I will apply the updates but it might just take some time.

Hey, take your time. You already have a lot of progress up and publicly available (thank you!) Projects like these heavily rely on your time and interest, and without a lot of both together, projects usually fall out. If the want to work on the project returns, that's awesome! But hey, sometimes, you're done when you're done.

just please please please don't keep all that work to yourself if you call it quits--everyone hates that :( :( :(

The version I currently have on my hard drive has some changes made, but none of them were tested and I don't remember what changes have been made either. I might bring that one out, but play it at your own risk knowing something might go wrong...

The changes I need to make right now are not that complicated. However, to make those little few changes I have to sort out everything right from the start. This game's a pain in its code (I remember seeing topics of people who tried to translate this game but gave up after a little while just because this game was so difficult coded). That's why I need to sort it out all again because if I don't, I might screw everything up.

IF I decide to scrap it, I will bring out the latest patch, but I will try to at least fix the shop music. All left then are few untranslated lines which I did not come across during my own playthrough.

edit: Would someone please be kind to send me a save file in which I can reach a shop? Somehow ALL my saved data disappeared. I might have fixed the shop music bug but I can't test it yet, if someone can send me a save file in which I can reach a shop, I could test if it works.

The music bug turned out to be easier fixable than I thought. The translating lines may take a little longer...

Edited by Quirino

Ah... a patch that's just like 1.0 except for the shop music would be much appreciated. Actually, I won't be playing any video games until September, so I can afford to wait. I shouldn't try to push you or anything. Sorry.

Anyway, do what you feel like doing. The 1.0 + music patch would be nice, though. I'd consider that translation to be essentially "complete." The current 1.0 is more like 0.99.

Thanks for all your hard work, Quirino.

EDIT: I'd play up to a chapter with a shop, but like I said above, I'm unable to play any video games until September. Could someone else do this? You only need to get to Port Warren. FYI, that's chapter 8. Raddy and Caesar start right next to the shops, so you can enter one right from the start of the chapter.

EDIT EDIT: What, no one wants to do it? It's not that hard. Come on, someone get a save... or I'll slack your head off.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Do I have to do EVERYTHING myself? Geez! Okay, fine. As soon as I get the opportunity, I'll play SEVEN MEASLY CHAPTERS. And I'm going to have college classes and a part-time job at the same time. You all are useless, you hear? USELESS!

I'm going to have to do some serious head-slacking...

Edited by Flock of Geese

• 1 month later...

Never mind it. College is more imporant than gaming, ok? I'm having exams this year myself and I won't let gaming influence my exams.

I will play through the seven chapters myself. But I'm not sure when. Right now I have a major school project which lasts until early october at least and besides that, I'm having kinda personal issues lately and I can't bring myself up into playing it right now.

Um, guys... I'm on Chapter 8 right now, using the latest patch available from Serenes Forest. In fact, I've been on it for months. I'm sorry that I didn't inform any of you anytime sooner.

Forgive me for not reading, but is there something you guys are looking for from this part of the game if it's still in demand? If so, I could try to help.

Um, guys... I'm on Chapter 8 right now, using the latest patch available from Serenes Forest. In fact, I've been on it for months. I'm sorry that I didn't inform any of you anytime sooner.

Forgive me for not reading, but is there something you guys are looking for from this part of the game if it's still in demand? If so, I could try to help.

Could you please send me the savefile (+ inform me from which emulator that savefile is)?

Could you please send me the savefile (+ inform me from which emulator that savefile is)?

Sure, I believe that I'll PM you the necessary information promptly!

• 2 months later...

Hi there. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. The savefile somehow didn't work so I finally moved my lazy butt and started playing it myself. I already encountered a bug or two which require fixing and I hope I've fixed the shop music...

However, as I played the game I also realized something. I know I had to reduce the amount of text, but I did not do that too well all the time. Now English isn't my primary language and when I started this project I had zero experience with rom hacking, so there was a lot of room for improvement.

That's why I decided to start it all over again and make the text better. I now know how to take more advantage of the free space in the rom and I think my English is also better now. It will not be anytime soon, however. I have exams in May and after that I won't be busy for 4 months, I think I'll do it then.

I will still release version 1.1 (bug fixing version) within two weeks I think and the next update will probably just be version 2.0 I hereby promise it will be released... eventually. I hope people will then enjoy the patch more.

Since you're the latest one looking at the game, have you found any of this text?

おまけ 没データ?

(ジュリアン)

ついにたたかいもおわったな

これでまたとうぞくかぎょうに

せいをだせるってもんだ

け・・・・・・

あんたはどうするんだい

レナさんよ

(レナ)

わたしはこきょうにかえります

めぐまれないひとたちのため

はたらきたいとおもっています

でも・・・できることなら

ついていきたいひとが ひとり

いるのです

(ジュリアン)

どこのどいつだい

そのしあわせものは

そいつによろしくな

おれはそろそろいくぜ

じゃあな

け・・・・・・

(レナ)

まって!

わたしがついていきたいのは

あなたよジュリアン

デビルマウンテンで

わたしをつれてにげてくれた

ときはほんとうにうれしかった

あなたがとうぞくでも

かまわない どうかいっしょに

つれていってください

(ジュリアン)

け!!・・・・・・

あんたにゃとうぞくなんてにあわないぜ

せ・・・・・・

(レナ)

ひがしのほうにレフカンディ

っていういなかがあるそうだ

おれもそろそろひたいにあせして

はたらいてみるかな

あんたもいっしょにいくかい

レナさん

よろこんで!

(マルス)

すべてがおわった・・・・・

いや・・これからはじまるんだ。

ぼくたちのたたかいは、まだ

まだつづいている。

そうだろう、シーダ・・・・

(シーダ)

ええ。これでおわったわけでは

ありませんね、このしょうりは

おおくのぎせいをはらって

かちえたもの。

かれらのために、あたらしい

みながしあわせにくらせる

くにをつくらなければ、なり

ませんね

(マルス)

もとよりそのつもりだよ

さあ!、いこうシーダ!

みんながまっている。

あたらしいかどでだ。

このぼくと、・・・・

そしてこのははなるアリティアの

だいちの・・・・・・

#レフカンディは原文ママ

(出っ歯の村人)

へえー あんたがマルスか

ドルーアていこくをあいてに

それだけのにんずうでたたかうたぁ

ごくろうなこったな

だがよ それじゃあむざむざ

いのちをすてにいくようなもんだぜ

まぁ おれにはかんけいねぇけどよ

じゃあな、おらぁかえるぜ

げ    ・・・・・・・ !!

うえっ!なんだって

シーダさまもいっしょなの?

なんだい、それをはやくいえよ

じつはおれ・・・

シーダさまのかくれファンなんだ

うーん、よっしゃしかたねえ

このつるぎをもっていきな

これはアーマーキラーといってな

アーマーナイトやしょうぐんの

ぶあついよろいでもかんたんに

たたききることができる

すげえやつなんだ

ここらじゃあうってねえ

めずらしいもんだが どうせ

たびびとから くすねたもんだ

このさいだからあんたにやるよ

そのかわりシーダさまにおれのこと

よろしくいっといてね

#村の会話データのはじめのほうに出てくるので、MAP1の壊された村の住人なのかもしれない・・・

(マルス?)

だい1ぶしゅうりょうでーす つづきをおたのしみにね (ハート)

(?)

THE ACRNER ERA,

DOLLUER WAR

BROKE OUT.

A BRAVE MAN

BATTLED WITH EMBLEM

BUT,

HE COULDN'T STOP

TEARS OF ALTEMIS.

It seems to be some pieces unused by the game. But I'm not sure if it's actually unused, or a fan is having fun with some ideas...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. The savefile somehow didn't work so I finally moved my lazy butt and started playing it myself. I already encountered a bug or two which require fixing and I hope I've fixed the shop music...

However, as I played the game I also realized something. I know I had to reduce the amount of text, but I did not do that too well all the time. Now English isn't my primary language and when I started this project I had zero experience with rom hacking, so there was a lot of room for improvement.

That's why I decided to start it all over again and make the text better. I now know how to take more advantage of the free space in the rom and I think my English is also better now. It will not be anytime soon, however. I have exams in May and after that I won't be busy for 4 months, I think I'll do it then.

I will still release version 1.1 (bug fixing version) within two weeks I think and the next update will probably just be version 2.0 I hereby promise it will be released... eventually. I hope people will then enjoy the patch more.

Wow, that's impressive. Good luck!

Is the 1.1 version out yet?

Thanks. I have a question, though. I have space issues with the names for various classes, such as Armor Knight, Pegasus Knight and Social Knight. Would you prefer for version 2.0 'A Knight, P Knight and S Knight' like it is right now, or 'ArmorKnt' 'PegasKnt' and 'SocialKn' for example?

I've started 2.0 already and I'm currently putting in character names, items, weapons, enemy names and classes. If things go as planned, I might be able to put in the full dialogue tranlsated by HHHIII. That way I won't have those stupid space issues anymore. I have searched up how to apply rom expansion to a NES rom and I think I got it now. However, the NES game code, especially Fire Emblem's, is infamous for being a pain so I can't promise I'll figure it out.

And I'm really sorry for 1.1, it just seems like too much to get to playing this game, while in the meantime I have completed three other FE games... I will get playing soon.

Edited by Quirino

Thanks. I have a question, though. I have space issues with the names for various classes, such as Armor Knight, Pegasus Knight and Social Knight. Would you prefer for version 2.0 'A Knight, P Knight and S Knight' like it is right now, or 'ArmorKnt' 'PegasKnt' and 'SocialKn' for example?

I've started 2.0 already and I'm currently putting in character names, items, weapons, enemy names and classes. If things go as planned, I might be able to put in the full dialogue tranlsated by HHHIII. That way I won't have those stupid space issues anymore. I have searched up how to apply rom expansion to a NES rom and I think I got it now. However, the NES game code, especially Fire Emblem's, is infamous for being a pain so I can't promise I'll figure it out.

And I'm really sorry for 1.1, it just seems like too much to get to playing this game, while in the meantime I have completed three other FE games... I will get playing soon.

Take your time. I'll just play 1.0 if I feel like playing FE1.