Fire Emblem 3 remake for the DS

Nice, about time. Here's some details that I wrote on my site. I'm pretty sure I translated it correctly, but somebody might want to check it.

Official site

Besides the teaser video, which doesn't show any gameplay footage, the preface offers an interesting tidbit about the game.

"It has been 20 years since the birth of the first Fire Emblem.

Up to now, many stories about heroes have been written.

We believe the players who guide and support them are the Heroes of Shadow."

Heroes of Light and Shadow

This is minor speculation on my part, but the existence of this tagline seems to suggest a significant addition to the original Mystery of the Emblem (compared to Shadow Dragon, which had no additional name). The "Hero of Light" seems to refer to either Marth or Marth's companions. The mysterious "Hero of Shadow", who may also be the shadowy figure besides Marth in the game logo, could be referring to the player. Perhaps a revival of the Tactician system used in Blazing Sword?

Can't wait to see how it compares to the original and see what extra stuff they've added. Hopefully my translation of FE3 doesn't look too rubbish compared to NOA's attempt ^^;;;

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I predicted it. I request my $10 Mekkah. Screw Judgral. Still, I wonder what they're going to keep in tact. Barst goes on vacation in Book 2.

Logs or it didn't happen, because I don't remember a thing.

The plot will be far more in-depth than Shadow Dragon's, Monshou no Nazo was much more advanced when it came to its plot, a lot more dialogue, a lot more character interaction, a lot more betrayal and intrigue. Sure, everyone wants to see Seisen get a release outside Japan, and it will, eventually, but Shadow Dragon was only half of a story, so I really welcome this news.

Really? I found Shadow Dragon's plot far from super deep. I didn't finish playing FE3 book 1 so I don't know how much they added or changed, but neither struck me as a super thick plot.

Book 2's plot, however, was just different enough from other games to keep me hooked. Its map design with the little tricks and traps across the game kept me hooked as well - this one was far ahead of its time, and lots of fun to play, so I look forward to a H5 mode of it. Though they will probably strike everything with the nerf bat - from the earlygame Dragonriders via uber Paola to the orb shards.

Nice, about time. Here's some details that I wrote on my site. I'm pretty sure I translated it correctly, but somebody might want to check it.

And what does it say on the video? It's the usual FE3's prologue or does it have something new?

On the subject of the "Hero of Shadow", I went ahead and added this:

That person

A very loose translation of the text in the teaser video. I might put up a better one later when I have more resources.

"Marth's name as the Hero King who saved the world is known to many

But there are few who know "that person"'s name

Marth raises his blade in the middle of battle

Backed up by other renowned heroes...

And "that person"'s figure

"That person" and Marth were true friends

Marth claimed victories thanks to their support from the shadows

History recorded the existence of a Hero of Shadow

One of the main characters of the War of Heroes

Their name was---"

EDIT

And what does it say on the video? It's the usual FE3's prologue or does it have something new?

It's different. They do mention the War of Heroes from FE3 Book 2 though.

Edited by VincentASM

Thank you very much.

So it seems that these "Heroes of Shadows" are the unsung heroes from the Akaneian wars. They may be referring to already existing characters or to new ones.

I wonder if that means that we'll have a "Heroes of Shadow" sub-campaign or chapters.

EDIT: VincentASM, do you mind if I use your translation excrept from the video for another webpage? Credited, of course.

Edited by GenG

Guys guys guys, we've been thinking backwards. We shouldn't be thinking of someone new, we should be thinking of someone old:

slvrinda.gif

Clearly Linde has become a man.

Why Book 2, and not the Jugdral games >_>

I'd prefer 4 and 5 to be remade for Wii if possible cause I don't have a DS (not planning on getting one either)

I cannot say that this is a surprise, since it was pretty obvious that after Shadow Dragons, Mystery of the Emblem was going to be remade soon or later. I think they'll leave the Jugdral games for 3DS.

I don't think people should hope for a remake of Jugdral tbh...and I think I'd even die a bit inside if a remake was to be announced.

They'd have to rape the story if they want to release it in America and Europe, and I don't want them to do that, so I'm very happy that FE4 ISN'T getting a remake >_>

They'd have to rape the story if they want to release it in America and Europe, and I don't want them to do that, so I'm very happy that FE4 ISN'T getting a remake >_>

I hate to say it, but I really agree with you on this. Can you imagine what NOA will do to the plot and character names? Zigludo...

Well, I'm psyched.

So, if you ever thought Sirius was good before, now you can turn him into a dracoknight!

People are likely to disagree, but I think they should remove reclassing

It took away the uniqueness of some characters >_>

• Optionally have the BS Fire Emblem chapters be as Gaiden chapters, and part of the EXP accumulated from there will go over to your party.

If not as gaidens, at least make them unlockables like the trial maps in FE6. If there's any new characters there, they could probably throw a Gaiden cameo as a playable character like Sevr.

I'm pretty sure it can be safe to assume that they are going to add in quite a bit to this game since the original was only 20 chapters really. And hopefully they will not have the mount system. Having only two lance users for the final chapter or any indoor chapter isn't fun. If the do have a mount system, hopefully mounted units will still be able to use lances. And I pray that they make the game mechanics work more like FE4 - 10's.

Otherwise, at the moment I have high hopes for this game. Though they will probably slowly be crushed as time progresses.

Edit: Upon looking at the trailer again, either Bord or Cord show up in the teaser so I imagine one of the two will show up since there were no Axe users in the original FE2. Maybe Barst will show up as a pirate. Also, the Shadow character being a tactician seems kinda stupid since Malledus was Marth's tactician, and Marth did quite a bit of the thinking himself.

Edited by Blademaster!