Fire Emblem 3 remake for the DS

I doubt they'll include the BS maps and story elements in this game. If anything, they should have included it with Shadow Dragon, seeing as how the BS stuff took place before the first game. They could still stick it in just because, but it just makes more sense to include it in the prequel and not the sequel. It would confuse people if they suddenly jumped to a section of the story that some might not have played.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if that means that we'll have a "Heroes of Shadow" sub-campaign or chapters.

Actually, I'm starting to think that the game might be FE3 remake + a new sequel story or a side-story at the least.

It makes a lot of sense since Shozou Kaga repeatedly expressed interest in making another Akaneia game and while he might be gone it can't be that he took all the notes with him. Oh he surely wasn't the only in the entire team who wanted a new FE set in Akaneia.

Besides the original FE3 was FE1 remake + sequel story and for the 20th anniversary game they should do more than just a straight FE3 remake.

It would also be the reason why there is a new tag next to "New Mystery of the Emblem".

Edited by Ike-Mike

I doubt they'll include the BS maps and story elements in this game. If anything, they should have included it with Shadow Dragon, seeing as how the BS stuff took place before the first game. They could still stick it in just because, but it just makes more sense to include it in the prequel and not the sequel. It would confuse people if they suddenly jumped to a section of the story that some might not have played.

I'm aware. Though since those weren't included in Shadow Dragon, they have an excuse to at least include them as unlockables in this game.

Edit: Upon looking at the trailer again, either Bord or Cord show up in the teaser so I imagine one of the two will show up since there were no Axe users in the original FE2. Maybe Barst will show up as a pirate. Also, the Shadow character being a tactician seems kinda stupid since Malledus was Marth's tactician, and Marth did quite a bit of the thinking himself.

Then there's the fact that

Jeigan

becomes Marth's tactician in Book 2.

Well, I'm psyched.

So, if you ever thought Sirius was good before, now you can turn him into a dracoknight!

If Reclass exists. At least Sheema will still suck. As always.

Really? I found Shadow Dragon's plot far from super deep. I didn't finish playing FE3 book 1 so I don't know how much they added or changed, but neither struck me as a super thick plot.

Book 2's plot, however, was just different enough from other games to keep me hooked. Its map design with the little tricks and traps across the game kept me hooked as well - this one was far ahead of its time, and lots of fun to play, so I look forward to a H5 mode of it. Though they will probably strike everything with the nerf bat - from the earlygame Dragonriders via uber Paola to the orb shards.

That's precisely what I meant though. When I referred to Monshou no Nazo's plot being better than Shadow Dragon I mean Book 2. Book 1 is a simplified version of an already simple story, so yeah. Monshou no Nazo always means Book 2 to me, Book 1 was included in the SNES game as a nice bonus, because the NES game hasn't aged well.

Book 2 is great from what I've played but I was always waiting for the possibility of this remake before I decided to go and play it properly. Now I can just play this, and experience a whole new story involving the Hero of Shadow to boot.

Seriously though, it REALLY looks like Roy. The sword and hair are the same shape. Is a crossover impossible? I still think it'll be a new character though. Maybe someone channeling Roy.

Well, even if the game is terrible I'll have a new place to troll on gamefaqs at least.

Dude, I had to deal with the trolling on GameFAQs for Shadow Dragon. Please don't pull that crap for this game (which will be good, regardless of what people say).

Seriously though, it REALLY looks like Roy. The sword and hair are the same shape. Is a crossover impossible? I still think it'll be a new character though. Maybe someone channeling Roy.

You know I'm kidding right?

Also, that trailer's music almost sounds orchestral quality. Man, I hope the game sounds like that too. The FE theme is Sound Memorial quality there.

Edited by Super Mecha Death Christ

Dude, I had to deal with the trolling on GameFAQs for Shadow Dragon. Please don't pull that crap for this game (which will be good, regardless of what people say).

I follow the orders of no man but Naquil M. Fulequebe, President of Uganda of 40 years! Edited by Fruitloop Multipuck

Words fail to express how happy this announcement makes me.

So far I could never play through book 1 or 2 because the controls of the game were that stiff and slow.

I hope this also means we get remakes of the Jugdral games.

And of course, it is nice to know that the series still lives. I started to get worried a bit.

Actually words are perfectly capable of expressing my feelings about this announcement but it would require way better skills in the English language then those which I possess. Either way, to put it simple: I'm happy and exited.

Edited by BrightBow-User

Actually the theme is just Shadow Dragon's theme.

That's what I get for having the music turned low to save batteries on the DS. Either way, that version does sound like it came from the Sound Memorium. It sounds amazing even on the DS. I think I'll splurge a little and play Shadow Dragon with the sound cranked up.

He'll have capped General stats...AS A HORSEMAN.

Naturally, I would want him to be like this, but your assessment is more accurate.

That's what I get for having the music turned low to save batteries on the DS. Either way, that version does sound like it came from the Sound Memorium. It sounds amazing even on the DS. I think I'll splurge a little and play Shadow Dragon with the sound cranked up.
FEDS does sound much better with headphones. DS Lite's speaker is too quiet.

FEDS does sound much better with headphones. DS Lite's speaker is too quiet.

This game has the best sounding music on a cart. I don't know why I can't remember the main theme being this epic especially since it's my favorite version of the damn song. I really wish we have handhelds with battery life that lasts 20 hours with the sound turned on.

Zagaro/Wolf better be the hardest bosses in the game. And also make them recurring bosses throughout the whole game known for being unstoppable death machines.

Oh and screw horseman... I wanna see some Hero Zag and General Wolf. Zag should be the equivalent of Galzus from FE5 and Wolf should be the BK from POR/RD. Both are nigh invincible.

Their better be a escape map where both of them chase you and any unit who engages either pretty much instantly dies.

Edit: Also give them interesting dialogue. As in have them recognize some of the stronger characters and have them outright laugh when someone like est/linde challenges them.

Edited by Lancelot