Official site update (July 1st)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome.

I love that Wrys finds a way to make a return, being completely absent from both Book 1 (replaced by a Vulnerary) and not in Book 2's story.

I like that Kain has grown older in appearance.

as someone who didn't care for FE7's tactician, i'm surprised to find myself intrigued by this more fleshed out create-a-character option. disappointed to see them using the same in-game art style as Shadow Dragon, though.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEAH, Wrys is BACK!

This create-a-character bit at least seems interesting the way they went about it. Funny how it's alays been a strategy RPG and yet this is the first time it's gone the "Name Your Hero" route. Wasn't expecting the play around with their design thing though, so that's cool I suppose.

Hey guys long time no post. I can translate for you!

From what I've read, the "My Unit" is as close to fully customizable as nintendo will allow.

You'll be able to customize things like:

-Name(duh)

-hair color and style

-class

- and expression( doesn't exactly say that but judging by all the pictures it looks obvious)

-You can also add accesories...

Knowing the fire emblem interface this will probably be based on some points system...

The unit in question plays the role of the "tactician" (like in FE7, but this time you can also kick some ass), that decides to join Marths army...

Other than the return of side stories and prologues. The game is pretty much the same as the original.

Much love to The FE Fans! this games gonna be great!

FE PHREAK.

Edited by FIRE EMBLEM PHREAK

Holy shit you can give your character an eyepatch

That alone makes this game absolutely worth buying.

There is a bunch of extra details to be found here.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/02/fire_emblem_official_site/

But I would like to say first...

I CALLED IT. Indeed! I'm rather pleased. I really like this, it looks like there are quite a number of combinations for your own character, and you can even choose what class they are (the default guy looks to be a Mercenary, if only because he looks like Ike's little brother). I will probably go with the default guy or girl to begin with but its a good incentive to play through again if you can make a whole new character, and it even changes the conversations.

Nobody's mentioned it yet, but Marth's official artwork is awesome. I'm glad he looks more like we're used to again.

Oh, and Fruitloop... why is it that when a new character appears and they're half-decent and female that they're always labelled with being a Mary Sue? Micaiah is not a Mary Sue. She's quite a flawed character, being somewhat hypocritical in nature, and as a Lord she's nothing like as strong as Ike ever was, and certainly doesn't steal the show from him, because he shows up halfway through to take over the story again. If anything, Ike is the Mary Sue of Radiant Dawn.

It looks like Marth has de-aged. I quite liked his new design, as it made him look like an actual male. Now he just looks like his old, anime self. At least his pants deflated...

Also, looking at that picture, this pretty much confirms that the untold story or whatever is talking about a new, custom character. Not quite sure how I feel about that, I'll just have to wait and see how they handle it.

I think Marth just looks better in his anime style. The Masamune design was nice because it sort of paralleled the more grown up appearance that he had in the official art of the first game, but in the game itself he looked more anime anyway, and I think it suits him better. Oddly enough, he actually looked younger in Book 2 originally, because his hair got longer.

A small extra thing to note, it looks like the map sprites have changed slightly, the Armour Knights in particular are noticably different. I'm hoping for better and more varied animations and a slight adjustment to the style of the sprites (although I suspect they'll be using the same basic ones) but its telling they haven't shown any battle screenshots yet.

The map sprites use the hair color of the character now. Lower right social knight is likely Cecila, upper left is probably Oguma, upper right Paladin is likely Alan, and the archer is probably a blue haired custom character.

I loved this...

I just hope we don't have the class limits between male and female units... I realy want a female mercenary or Dark Mage....

lolz,

or female warrior or berserker.

or a male valkery XD

neh, I'll just go with male soldier or female mage.

The map sprites use the hair color of the character now. Lower right social knight is likely Cecila, upper left is probably Oguma, upper right Paladin is likely Alan, and the archer is probably a blue haired custom character.

Actually, those are the default colours for the map sprites in Shadow Dragon, so its not likely that the map sprites have different hair colour. I'm just hoping the battle sprites have more variation.

While we're all excited at this, the fandom will find a new way to bitch about it and clamor to bring the FE7 style tactician back.

Just like they did with reclass ... just like they did with reclass ...

The hair color for Social Knight map sprites was brown, and the Paladin shield was white.

u60lt.jpg

2j286et.jpg

Even if it turns out that map sprites don't match the character's hair, it's definitely not the default colors.

While we're all excited at this, the fandom will find a new way to bitch about it and clamor to bring the FE7 style tactician back.
Jeigan is our tactician, and he will continue to be our tactician, and everyone will like it. Edited by Super FE3 Player

The OA looks very good. Marth looks much better than he did in Shadow Dragon, which is already impressing me. Wrys making a return makes me wonder if all the oddballs like Roger are going to make it back, but I doubt it. Not that this game really needs Roger, anyway.