20th Anniversary Fire Emblem artbook

VincentASM

Thief already made a similar topic about it, but I figured this deserved its own thread.

Anyway, there's a new artbook that covers all 12 games.

20th Anniversary Fire Emblem Complete (Wonder Life Special) (MUCC)

It's a 240 page book that apparently features all the character artwork, and important graphics and story. It will be released on 30th June for 2600 Yen.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems only Amazon Japan right now. It was only added today, so I'm hoping other stores will stock it (since the shipping is around 1.5x the actual product's cost).

Wait, is that last Kanji money? Is this seriously called "Fire Emblem Expensive Wonderlife Special?" With whatever Mukku is, too. Maybe it's mook?

Anyways, I'd consider buying this as well. I assume it'll have all of the new artwork from FE12?

Perfect timing, IS. Guess I can hold my current bulk order from Amazon Japan for another month. Thanks for the heads up, Vince.

(And, yes, if you're getting the book off Amazon, the best way is to get other things with it, so as to reduce the per-item handling fee...)

Still, 240 pages for the entire series sounds unfair to Magvel and especially Tellius. There probably won't be much room for additional contents that elaborate on the games' stories, unlike the other books.

I hope it'll eventually be on Play-Asia and the supplies won't be low so I'll be able to pick it up in a few months.

Play-Asia is where I got my FE6 from a couple of years ago, so I'm hoping it will also have this eventually. I'll try to keep an eye out for it on there.

Edited by Raven

That character is not the character for money, and the bit at the end in parenthesis is indeed mook.

I can't imagine myself buying this, I can't personally justify the expense. I will, however, still hope it's more than a compilation of already existent official art and assets.

Okay, the not money part makes sense, but I don't understand why it has "mook" at the end...

It makes perfect sense if you check the link Wist posted. Basically, "mook" is a portmanteau of magazine and book.

In any case, thanks for the heads up, Vincent. I'll be keeping an eye out for this. Hopefully it won't be too expensive.

Just think of it as an art book: a thick and sturdy magazine with mostly large pictures directly relevant to its topic, and devoid of advertisements.

So, is there anything there that isn't in this topic? If so, there is already art here at the site...I don't find it too worth it, although, it wouldn't be bad at all, it's abundant.

It should have FE3 DS's artwork and maybe larger versions of FE8-10's artwork. I'm hoping anyway.

So, is there anything there that isn't in this topic?

They made a small typo of Fire Emblem : P

Edited by VincentASM

I'm certainly hoping for significant focus on games that don't have an artbook made in their image yet. Move aside Jugdral.

Hope this whole magazine deal won't end up with flimsy paper quality or some such abominations.

EDIT:

Whoa, the preorder actually sold out. Dammit.

Edited by Thief

• 2 weeks later...

Is that Eliwood or Roy? Because it looks like them (red haired with blue clothing)

Well from just the expression you can tell it is probably Roy, but it is obviously him b/c he is holding the Sword of Seals.

If it's Hasha no Tsurugi, it's obviously Roy. Funny that they'd use him over Alle to represent the comic series, but still I'm glad that the spin-offs are getting some of this mook action.

I'm surprised that the preorder is sold out despite the little details. Are mooks really have that kind of limited print?

It seems like there's going to be a fair amount of new artwork. Manga artists Ogaki Chika and Kogawa Misaki seem to have mentioned that they've contributed artwork on their blogs. Similarly, Senri Kita (FE9/10 artist) also appears to be contributing.

Afraid not, if I knew I'd tell you : /

I do have some more info on the book. Apparently, the book will be B5 (182 x 257 mm, just a bit smaller than A4) and will have 900+ full colour illustrations, 600 of which are the characters. Eiji Kaneda will also be supplying illustrations.

Edited by VincentASM