Lord of Azure Flames Tier List

riariadne

@ Snike: Oh my fucking god are you blind!?!?! Goddamn what have you been reading so far? Seriously man. He threatened to ban me from a thread. I told him to try and then you come out and say stop trolling. How the hell is that trolling?

@ Rein: Try. Your just being sore. No one cares enough to want to mount with him. THAT was made clear.

^w^

Edited by Snike

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to leave before i curse you out and get myself suspended.

K

Back to the tier list. Reika down, sadly. As of late she's been the RNG's bitch, but even still, an 8 avoid character getting KOed every battle means something's wrong.

Not every battle.

RNG means nothing in this debate I believe. I thought it had to do more with statistical comparisons, not this type of thing.

Plus Reika can sort of control her Wrath skill. She's fragile enough to get hit to Wrath zone if she does get hit at all, but Calamity's HP drain contributes to that.

Edited by Dark Sage

Just making a point about the last 2-3 battles. And making a comment about her under-performance.

Problem with Wrath, is that if you've low strength, it doesn't help at all. See Eric earlier on, as he was low at one point.

Eric being low had a lot more to do with the fact that he had suckish durability than his low strength. Though it didn't help much either.

Sage is right, RNG fail has nothing to do with Reika being a dodge tank. Any lacking she has is made up for thief utility... which strikes me odd that you don't use it, Sage, it's a free skill...

Top of lower mid. Possibly could swap with Helios because in some cases flier utility is that awesome.

Should i put permanent NPC like Katie/HM/Lev on there? Maybe I'll add a poll.

Edited by Lightning

Too bad she just got here. It's going to take a while to promote her without Irina's killing skills.

@ NPCs

What for? Lev is the only one with stats(two sets), and all he does is carry around Viv and Char's things.

Edited by Phoenix

Just below Helios.

Anyone want to counter-argue my suggestion of dropping him?

@Utility: Problem is, it doesn't help her case when she wants to kill any and all injured people. And I've yet to see where she's been actively helpful.

Anyone want to counter-argue my suggestion of dropping him?

@Utility: Problem is, it doesn't help her case when she wants to kill any and all injured people. And I've yet to see where she's been actively helpful.

I did drop him.

True. But solid combat + flier utility is probably > good combat.

I think stealing works by making you lose 1 point of damage and being able to steal something if you hit and don't roll a 5. If you choose to activate it that is.

Edited by Lightning

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm not allowed to argue my characters up or down, but I just noticed something.

Damian: Level 2 HP 12, MT 5, Hit 4, Evd 7, Def/Res 6/0

Alferis: Level 2 HP 12, MT 6, Hit 3, Evd 5, Def/Res 4/0

Note that supports are taken into account.

I'm not sure if Damian has any skills (Doesn't say so in the sig), but Alf has Hawkeye and Counter.

Thoughts on this?

I know I'm not allowed to argue my characters up or down, but I just noticed something.

Damian: Level 2 HP 12, MT 5, Hit 4, Evd 7, Def/Res 6/0

Alferis: Level 2 HP 12, MT 6, Hit 3, Evd 5, Def/Res 4/0

Note that supports are taken into account.

I'm not sure if Damian has any skills (Doesn't say so in the sig), but Alf has Hawkeye and Counter.

Thoughts on this?

Alf wins in damage, but, really, Damian would win, overall. He's too much of a tank for that.

Of course, if there's a mage, both are screwed. But, still.

Damian wins, but the point is, Damian is much higher than him on the tier list, and yet Alf is nothing more than a slightly worse version of Damian.

Well, there is the fact that 2 hit against Swordies is bad,since they have higher Spd than most, so high Avo, while Damian has Gae-Borg to tie Str and go WTN. Then there is the duarability lead.

Hawkeye can help solve the problems though, raising his hit to 4 in that case, which isn't bad and not that horrible since he'd get hit probably by swordsmen as well.

Counter isn't quite reliable, but it's something that can help soften enemies up should he get attacked.

Damian and Alf do double the same amount of enemies though. Now let's take a random myrmidon with 3 str. On a 6, that's 6 damage on Alf, meaning he gets ORKOd only if the myrm has max speed. That's not good, but it's not completely horrid either. He takes nearly as much from that as most characters do from a mage or anyone with WTD. Max speed myrm assuming it has 0 luck, requires non-Hawkeyed Alf to get a four, a 3 with only one point of luck sacrificed and two with only two points. Disadvantaged, but if the myrm has capped defense (3) and 12 hp, Alf can do 4 points of damage on a one and 10 points on a 6. Not bad.

Not exactly the best example but my point is even though Damian can tank better and has WTC (Weapon Triangle Control for those not in the know), why is Alf several tiers lower than him?

Statistically, he's pretty good. Aid-wise, not so much. That's why his tier is lower.

Sage, stop arguing your character. :/