Fire Emblem: Sacred Contention

Crimson Red

From the people who brought you Tactics Universe and Fire Emblem: Requiem...

"Team Justice" presents...

fesc.png

DH Ninja and I worked together on this hack. We are the main creators--however, other people in Team Justice have also contributed, such as Ace, who has done map sprites, and Nintenlord, who has helped with units.

Background-Info.png

Release Date: July 1st, 2010 usa.gif

Updates

June 26th, 2010: It's confirmed that all characters in this game have already been introduced in existing Fire Emblem games.

June 27th, 2010: New playable characters not ever playable in past official Fire Emblem games are confirmed. One such character is Gheb, from FE8.

June 27th, 2010: A video was leaked onto youtube but later removed. However, it has been spoiled that the game is undoubtedly only one chapter.

June 27th, 2010: Apparently the hack is of Fire Emblem 7. In a video of a

Hayden and Fado were shown.

June 27th, 2010: Another video shows Dozla fighting Eirika, although it could likely be a test video where allegiances are temporary. Some other units are shown in the background map as well.

June 28th, 2010: Plot information has been revealed. The game takes place on a new continent where an FE7 vs. FE8 war takes place. The game is set for a release on Thursday, July 1st, 2010.

July 1st, 2010: The game was released late on this day. The game is complete and includes 4 alternate modes.

July 2nd, 2010: A new patch with several issues fixed was released today.

July 2nd, 2010: Even more updates to the game (nothing new, just fixes and the such). Hopefully this will be the final release.

August 18th, 2011: A few very small fixes/updates. I guess my last release wasn't the last release after all. I just felt like updating this, for some reason.

Plot.png

This game takes place on a remote island never introduced in any Fire Emblem game. The characters of Elibe and Magvel have both gathered on this island to wage a war against each other, in order to see which of the people and games are better. The Elibian characters are specifically from Fire Emblem 7: Blazing Sword, and NOT Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurigi (Sealed Sword/Binding Blade).

Thus the main characters of each side rally their former allies and enemies alike to face off against the people of another continent in a Sacred Contention.

Screenshots.png

Start.pngTitleScreen.png

8.png9.png

2.png10.png

11.png12.png

13.png16.png

18.pngSC1.png

6.png5.png

14.pngfinal.png

Videos.png

Video Playlist

Links.png

FEShrine Official Thread

Blazer's Youtube Account

Downloads.png

Download - Final Version Patch

Credits.png

[spoiler=Credits]

Executive Producer

Fire Blazer

Producer

DH_Ninja

Event Design

Fire Blazer

Map Design

Exxucus

Portraits

DH_Ninja

Map Sprites

Ace

Fire Blazer

DH_Ninja

Game Script

Fire Blazer

Animations

Fire Blazer

Music

Fire Blazer

Yuki Tsujiyoko

Support Relationships

Fire Blazer

DH_Ninja

Oblivion Knight

Betatesting

Arch

DH_Ninja

Fire Blazer

Units

Fire Blazer

Battle Palettes

Fire Blazer

Misc. Graphics

Fire Blazer

DH_Ninja

Special Thanks

Pukachi

Nintenlord

Xeld

Ace

Arch

Shadowofchaos

Zahlman

Raydonn

Other Hackers

Friends

You

I will not answer certain questions nor will I confirm certain information. So if you try and guess what the game is about (if it's a sequel or what) I simply won't respond, whether your guess is right or wrong.

I'm now open to questions and the such, although I may not be able to answer EVERYTHING, I should be able to answer most questions.

The game is now out, so you can ask anything you want to. However please refrain from making serious suggestions on things to add to the game. The game is complete and nothing will be added--only fixes will be made, if necessary. Thanks for your understanding, and enjoy the game! ^_^

Edited by Luffy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@crashman_alpha - it made updating on the hack a lot more epic, as if though it was some new FE game coming out. Just something to give me a chuckle. XD

@Alex thanks. Finally some compliments... I got almost all complaints on my own forum

Patching is really easy btw, assuming you use Windows--just use the "Drag Game Here" patcher which takes 10 seconds and almost no thought. :P

As a challenge, I will give major props to anyone who can play the game once, save their file, and then play again with their leftover units, on either mode (although doing it on FE7 mode will be MUCH harder). And you can't switch modes, i.e. play as FE7, save, then play as FE8, or vice-versa.

Any reason for the matthew member card secret shops or just for fun just about to try looks pretty epic

EDIT: there is at least one secret shop under the cave have Matt give the card to florina and have her fly down and nininills travel to get a village for money

Edited by rslfan

My only problem is that I don't really think it's fair how fe 7 has 6 legendary/s weapons and fe 8 has 10 (8 if drgonstones don't count) and 2 of the fe7 ones durandal and sol katti are to heavy to be used then ephraims gets moded to be better

The shop glitch I know about and don't feel like fixing. It's more fun as you said. FE8 does have one more (I didn't count Dragonstones) but Excalibur is droppable. Also, FE7 has one more unit than FE8, not including the fact that there are two refreshers (Nils/Ninian, who can be abused...).

@Kai thanks, sorry about Lyn XP

@Queen_Elincia thanks, I hope you enjoy.

@Bohemund good to hear. I'm assuming by 'jobs' you mean classes? If so, yeah, it was a ton of work to import all the classes... and the characters, and weapons... The whole hack took like 80+ hours. It doesn't look like it with only 2 hours worth of gameplay, but it did...

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Ya o well I still really like it

It is kinda fun to berserk a big beastly mamkute and laugh as it murders the other team

and I guess 2 refreshers is a huge advantage because I could use any character I want twice each turn

I just got done playing. This is the best single chapter hack I played.

Marissa has such a high crit between Gerik and Tethys, it's really cheap.

Also, lol Gheb.

^LOL yeah I've seen some serious hax sometimes in this game. The outcomes of some supports can be crazy (like +100% avoid for Eirika if she's between Fado, Eirika, and Ephraim, and on a forest tile). There's also a glitch that I wasn't able to fix where Linus and Lloyd get massive strength and resistance respectively :D

@Bohemund good to hear. I'm assuming by 'jobs' you mean classes? If so, yeah, it was a ton of work to import all the classes... and the characters, and weapons... The whole hack took like 80+ hours. It doesn't look like it with only 2 hours worth of gameplay, but it did...

Lol! Yes, sorry. My playing FF more than I have FE has effected my diction. I could tell it took a lot of effort, hence why I actually complimented! Not too often I bother to do such. ;p

Thanks for the comments.

And yeah, moving units is tiring on both ends. I know, I had to test the game multiple times and wait for the units to move every turn... T_T

At least killing non-generic units is fun. XP

Most hacks set insane goals and then the guy working on it quits halfway through, it the progress goes so slowly it might as well have stopped. The goal of this hack is very simple, and because of that, it works out great. This was epic from beginning to end. Great trailer, too!

Yeah, I know^. It's not game-breaking so like the other 20 bugs that my betatesters couldn't find (>_>) I don't plan on fixing them, as bad as it is. (Don't worry, I have already been scolded by non-hackers about how a good hacker should always fix their bugs and spend their entire life fixing them.)

@Mekkah yeah I know what you mean. I bet if I had posted the topic before it was done, people wouldn't even take me seriously because they'd think it was just some hack idea that would suck and never get close to being finished. D:

Hey, I'd just like to say I really enjoyed this hack. It's surprisingly balanced, as I think that FE8 has better overall units, but FE7 has some absolute unkillable gods. The really fun part is seeing the outcome of some matchups, though. My jaw hit the floor when Oswin got one rounded by Knoll laugh.gif and Marissa + Gerik & Tethys support was devilishly difficult to kill.

Anyways, great job with it. It looks like it was a small job at a glance, but I can tell a ton of work must've gone into this. Thanks for uploading it, I really enjoyed it.