[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

I think I'll be sticking with the in-game sprite base. All of the recolors are based on the actual sprites, rather than the official art. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured I'd throw this out there:

LorcanSwordfighter.png

Can anyone come up with a better class name for Lyn? I don't want to use "Blade Lord," since the three FE7 stars aren't "Lords" any more. However, people have been complaining about "Lorca," which is what I went with because I didn't have anything better.

Edited by Arch

Swordhunteress or just Huntress? Samurai or Ronin would be nice, with the Eastern thing, and use of Katana in FE, but Lyn has nothing resembling a Samurai personality, but then again, you could shape it into your own, merge your imagination into the game. Lyn has no master, as does a Ronin, so...

Hunter? Considering Ranger was used for Ike, not that far from its description.

but she doesn't hunt anything

Swordhunteress

Ronin

Can you hear that? A blood vessel in my eye just exploded. The blood is dripping onto the keyboard. I don't care if that isn't how eye injuries work.

Well, I've been struggling with this myself for a while, and the best I can think of is 'Seeker', since she's trying to... seek out her past. There is definitely a better name waiting out there, though.

Maybe steal 'Blademaiden' from Unreal Tournament?

Can you hear that? A blood vessel in my eye just exploded. The blood is dripping onto the keyboard. I don't care if that isn't how eye injuries work.

Hey, let's see if I can get more vessels to burst.

Lyn should be a Amazonian!

but she doesn't hunt anything

If she doesn't hunt anything, starvation would be quite imminent. Considering Lyn has joined the Kutolah, her skills, it wouldn't be farfetched to call her some variant of hunter. It's as relevant if not more as calling Ike a Ranger.

Tell me where I said calling Ike a ranger was a good idea?

Besides, 'hunter' does not suggest T2 badass dragonslaying vague accessory to Eliwood and Hector. And are you seriously suggesting she couldn't bring track rations from somewhere in a CASTLE?

Maybe 'Sojourner', since she's journeying back home?

Fine! If not Hunter, then Gatherer. Better!

Sojourner makes her look like a French wanderer and does not suggest T2 badass dragonslaying vague accessory to Eliwood and Hector.

Ugh. WE ALL LOSE. Let's just cut our losses and call her class "Vergil"

Oh, I am up for more than just kissing. Heh. But let's go somewhere private. We don't need Lumi walking in and ruining the moment.

Tell me where I said calling Ike a ranger was a good idea?

Besides, 'hunter' does not suggest T2 badass dragonslaying vague accessory to Eliwood and Hector. And are you seriously suggesting she couldn't bring track rations from somewhere in a CASTLE?

Maybe 'Sojourner', since she's journeying back home?

So Sojourner suggests dragon slaying badass more than a hunter?The Ike reference was to show the vague connection between the name and the function of the class.

Regardless, Lyn is a nomad, and last time I checked hunting and gathering is in their skill set.

Hunter because it connects with her current social status and can coincide with her combat abilities. I'm not vouching for hunter as it's the only choice, but your reasons to dismiss it are not ?sufficient? .

wow furet, you do like to cause a scene

uncle tbh i don't really mind what her class name is, since you it doesn't actually affect the story(unless you plan to), so whatever you end up with is fine imo

So Sojourner suggests dragon slaying badass more than a hunter?

This is the part where it gets hard to explain.

A 'Sojourner' could be anyone who is on a journey, the journey being key. 'Hunter' suggests that the extent of their combat ability either is or directly relates to the hunting of game. 'Dragonhunter' would work, but it doesn't fit Lyn in the slightest.

Regardless, Lyn is a nomad, and last time I checked hunting and gathering is in their skill set.

Rebecca's class is now 'Mayor's Daughter'. Louise is a 'Socialite'. Just because something is in their skill set doesn't mean it's relevant to their circumstances.

Hm, I actually liked the bladefighter option the best. Anyway ... uh ... would "Nomadic Swordfighter" be a bad idea (or fit)? I mean, Lyn's class may not be nomad but she is still a Sacaean nomad. The promoted class for "nomad" is "Nomadic Trooper." Since Lyn's essentially a nomadic trooper who's on foot and starts with swords and promotes to bow, Nomadic Swordfighter or Nomad Swordfigher might be all right, if it fits.

Rebecca's class is now 'Mayor's Daughter'. Louise is a 'Socialite'. Just because something is in their skill set doesn't mean it's relevant to their circumstances.

Can this please happen? It would be hilarious.

Hm, I actually liked the bladefighter option the best. Anyway ... uh ... would "Nomadic Swordfighter" be a bad idea (or fit)? I mean, Lyn's class may not be nomad but she is still a Sacaean nomad. The promoted class for "nomad" is "Nomadic Trooper." Since Lyn's essentially a nomadic trooper who's on foot and starts with swords and promotes to bow, Nomadic Swordfighter or Nomad Swordfigher might be all right, if it fits.

I'll be honest, while it wouldn't fit and is really clunky and such, I'd still prefer it to Nomadic Trooper.

Always hated that name.

I'll be honest, while it wouldn't fit and is really clunky and such, I'd still prefer it to Nomadic Trooper.

Always hated that name.

Haha ... I couldn't think of anything else that would "fit" Lyn and still keep true to her being a nomad. If I come up with anything else I'll post it here.

I think Nomadic Swordfighter is too long

Plainswoman (she's plain and a woman and from the plains full of women, so she's a Plainswoman)

Queen of Blades (AKA Kerrigan)

*somewhat more serious suggestions*

Swiftsword (denotes that her fighting style includes swift movements and strikes)

Blademaster (like Blade Lord, but implies mastery of the sword similar to that of a Swordmaster)

that's all I got

Well, it's happened before. Ike was a "Lord" in FE9, and became a "Hero" in FE10. Then again, Celice is a Lord and Leaf is a Prince; even though technically Celice is either a prince or a duke. And Leaf is sometimes a Lord, too. Sigurd is a Lord also rather than a duke, and Langobalt and Reptor are Barons instead of dukes. Hell, Shagall is King of Agustria; yet he uses the Baron class. Blume and Hilda are the most confusing. Blume is the Duke of Freege; but he is called a king, has the class Baron, and his wife is a queen!