Information topic (spoilers)

^ Ouch. Looks like it isn't getting any easier from the last game. Casual is the top option, by the way.

P4's boss is another speedster, Athena, but at least it gives you Sheeda to counter her. Also gives you access to Rhys and healing items, as well as a choke point so you can abuse them.

P5 has Roro in the cutscene, and there's a new map sprite for an axe class, perhaps the Barbarian class? The game reverts to Shadow Dragon's Attack/Defence music for some reason here. Speaking of music, the enemy's map theme reminds me of the music in the map that were filled with Barbarians and Dragons in the original, but the enemy turns are too short to be sure. This is probably the first level I could lose a character on if I'm not careful. At the end of the chapter Roro talks to someone called Kuraine, I think it's the missing character from this picture: http://www.serenesfo...mg/os4/i021.PNG

She's probably a Mage or Sorceress.

There's another choice at the end of P5 as well. I was mashing buttons so I don't know which one I picked...

Also, P6 cutscene has Frey! Yay! He explains teh rather complicated looking preparations screen. Urgh.

The preparations gives you access to the relationship chart.

P6 gives you Cecil (the girl who used to have purple hair, although it's now red), loaded with Steel weapons to hand out to people. The boss for me (guessing the choice may change it) is Draug. The Armour Knight appears to have a slightly different map sprite. Mostly because it's pink for some reason.

Also, new feature: Instead of selecting a weapon before attacking, you now use X and Y to switch weapons on the pre battle info screen.

And P6 has another choice, Kain is the boss for the top choice.

EDIT: Whoops, double post. Can a mod merge these?

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, Lunatic mode is pretty ridiculous.

In Prologue 3 you're surrounded by 2 Fighters a Merc and Shiida.

The Merc isn't too bad (3RKO's almost everybody), but the Fighters 2RKO everyone and Shiida ORKO's everyone. I can't even get Ryan close enough to Shiida.

Gah.

Also, new feature: Instead of selecting a weapon before attacking, you now use X and Y to switch weapons on the pre battle info screen.

Shadow Dragon had that, too. They just included the classic weapons selection, too. I wonder why they took it out?

The X/Y thing is surprisingly hard to get used to. I guess I should expect that after playing it the other way for 10 years.

P7 has Cavalier and Pegasus Knight reinforcements on turn 3; thankfully they don't move on their first turn. Also probably good to note that pretty much all prologue bosses move, but not necessarily on turn 1 or the first turn you are in range.

Well, H5 WAS Merciless, and in this game, Lunatic is higher than Merciless. That makes me wonder if they realized it was harder than Merciless so they put it above this game's Merciless to show that it's that tough.

Apparently the ROM is out now.

Grabbed it, but the frickin thing won't work on R4i, doesn't even load. Oh well, I'll just have to wait.

Put it this way: I've lost on P7 twice now. Granted it was me not paying attention that did that, but the point is there's quite a few things that can pose a threat to you even on normal mode.

I think this has been mentioned somewhere in pre release speculation, but weight no longer exists. Sheeda gets no AS from using the Steel Lance.

Again, P7 has a choice at the end of it.

P8 gives you Marth, Catlina with as the boss. The Rapier has the weird 28 uses again. Also Kain. And you cannot use the storage feature during the Prologue.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

Wait, there's no AS reduction at all?

Bingo. I did some quick checks, unless the Steel weapons weigh 6 or less now. I also can't find the weight stat on items at all.

Ari, use Sheeda. Seriously.

Also, I wonder if Hard mode bonus are back, since the characters I got were identical to their boss forms.

I'm taking guesses here, but I think Roro is plotting against Altea or something. He appears at the start of P8 and talks to Catalina, the boss, then walks off again. Also, new map music.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

It's crazy that they got rid of AS loss from heavy weapons. Is there still no rescuing?

That Athena is crazy. Does she move too? That would be ridiculous. You couldn't even use Ryan to chip away at her health then.

I think the game wants you to use Casual mode :P

By the way Vincent, do you want me to continue to collect base stats?

No, it's okay. I'm fine with just impressions and the data that Sirius is collecting (and from Joey as well for Lunatic mode).

She actually moves? How do they expect you to deal with her? This might be the hardest FE game made yet if those are indicative of the rest of the game on lunatic.

On a side note, I know this is too much to hope for but are there hard mode bonuses?

She actually moves? How do they expect you to deal with her? This might be the hardest FE game made yet if those are indicative of the rest of the game on lunatic.

I had My-unit camp in a chokepoint with Wrys constantly healing him. It took awhile but I finally beat it.

On a side note, I know this is too much to hope for but are there hard mode bonuses?

Nope :(

I had My-unit camp in a chokepoint with Wrys constantly healing him. It took awhile but I finally beat it.

Nope :(

Yeah, I was thinking about it and that's what I came up with as a possibility. That or maybe Shiida if she's fast enough to keep from getting doubled. Is she?

I guess it was too much to hope for for HM bonuses, especially with lunatic mode. I guess those days are gone. :(

I'm having a tiny bit of trouble on the hacking side. It seems they're using a compression that I can't recognise for some of the data files. I think some of the portrait files are compressed with a slightly different scheme as well.

Briefly looking through, there are endings for all the SD exclusive characters (Athena, Horace, Ymir, Etzel, Nagi, Frey and Norn), the BS FE characters (Roberto, Leiden, Belf, Maris, Frost, Dice), FE3-removed characters (Daross, Jake, Beck, Barst, Bord, Cord, Roger, Caesar, Radd, Vyland, Sedgar, Wolf, Macellan, Tomas, Dolph, but not Boah), Katarina and Michalis.

EDIT

Barst, Bord and Cord appear to have their own triangle attack.

Sidequests are 3x, 6x, 10x, 13x, 16x and 20x.

EDIT2

DL episode 2 features Athena, Gharnef, Katarina, Eremiya and Kleine.

DL episode 3 features Shiida, Nabarl, Maris, Bord, Cord, Ogma and Dice.

Edited by VincentASM