Information topic (spoilers)

There's another choice in P8. I wonder how much these affect things (other than the changing bosses mentioned earlier), since there's so many. Just before saving it mentions something about the extras menu, probably unlocking something. Chapter 1 opens with a lot of awesome CGs.

Class change and the forge are unlocked. My Unit can use class change to switch to classes you couldn't start as, like Dark Mage. I've noticed that where the armour or cavalry designations are, Mercs have a pair of swords. I'm guessing this is to confirm them as targets for teh Sword Killer weapon. The Class Change groups are the same, with the exception of unpromoted female Cavaliers

Chapter 1's starting units are the same as the original, plus My Unit.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to class change only within your Group for My Unit, or can you change into anything unlike the other units?

If so, doesn't that advantage a female in many ways, unless they split the female group?

My Unit is stuck in either group. I don't think a female will get an advantage, but I can't tell yet since I'm playing a male.

Also, Archers still have shit movement.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

Well the one I can think of immediately is that a female could switch between Paladin, Draco/Falcoknight, and General. Males theoretically have more class access, but the female class spread seems nice.

Males could get Paladin and DracoKnight, but I guess not General since it's still in the other group. I haven't got a female promoted unit yet to check, but it's possible it's a Sheema exclusive ability to use it.

EDIT: Melissa looks weird... Also Chapter 1 doesn't have that annoying mountain range that stopped you using mounted units. For some reason Lawrence gets the same music as Michalis and Camus when he talks to Oguma.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

7 and 8 gave me trouble on Normal, 6 was easy.

For some reason you get a Mend staff for capturing the castle. Also, did Yubello and Yumina stay behind in the original? Oguma left but they are still in the castle at the end of Chapter 1.

EDIT: I called it, Ari!

EDIT2: WTF? Anna is in Chapter 2. And I got free stuff from Melissa and Alan on the preparations screen. This resulted in Melissa and My Unit having two +2 boosts apiece, in different stats from each other, and a weird 1 power bow weapon. The bow's name is in hiragana, so I can't translate it myself. Now that I think about it, Anna was probably explaining this thing.

Cord joins from a village near the start of Chapter 2. Marth can get him on turn one. Also the Lady Sword is still on that damn Thief.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

Episode 1 is available for download right off the bat.

After the touch to start screen...

The panel to the bottom right likely leads to Extras.

In Extras, there's several options that I haven't explored but there's 4 that are inaccessible when you first go there, one of them is the episode section which is on the bottom left of the screen. Another is clearly the Wi-Fi menu as it says "Wi-Fi" and some Japanese characters right after.

To get the episode, go to the wi-fi menu. You'll see 3 of the options with a DS Icon on them. The bottom one that says "Wi-Fi" on it is the "Wi-Fi" settings option that exists in just about any DS game that is Wi-Fi enabled. The other 2 options with the DS Icon appear to be the Online Shop (top) and the Episode Download (bottom) since after going there an waiting a couple of seconds, the bottom left option of the Extras menu opened.

My guess is that these episodes are downloadable similar to how the Layton Puzzles were, downloadable to DS lites (perhaps the old DS too) and they show as time passes. 5 episodes left for me to download.

EDIT: In the Extras menu, the bottom right option is CLEAR ALL DATA so don't go there if you don't want to lose your Lunatic Mode run.

Edited by Sirius

Figured out the issue. Some files are compressed with LZZ7 (11) for some reason, instead of 10.

I only saw 3 DL episodes in the game data, but I only looked very briefly. Is that 5 in total or do you start with some already?

Figured out the issue. Some files are compressed with LZZ7 (11) for some reason, instead of 10.

I only saw 3 DL episodes in the game data, but I only looked very briefly. Is that 5 in total or do you start with some already?

You can't access that episode menu until you download the first episode. After that, the menu becomes accessible and you'll see episode 1 on the top left with 5 blank panels as if to say that there's 5 more episodes or extra maps to get. If only 3 are required for download, then perhaps the rest may be unlocked in a different way.

Anyway Prologue 6 introduces the Battle Prep screen which currently looks like this...

1. Choose units -------------- 2. Base conversations

3. Formation ------------------- 4. Locked

5. Locked ----------------------- 6. That option that lets you look up information about characters and nations (I'll refer to this as the glossary in the chapter data)

7. Locked ----------------------- 8. Locked

9. Locked ----------------------- 10. Config

11. Save ------------------------ 12. Battle (press start or go here to begin the battle.

Quick question to the rest of you playing it:

Did Cecile arrive with 3 Steel Swords, 1 Steel Lance and 1 Steel Bow in her inventory?

Edited by Sirius

Hmm, I can't see any growths in the data, that or they're stored really weirdly.

Does this look like anything to anyone? o__o

7B 95 60 B4 BB D4 C7 E3
42 5B 60 51 56 6F 64 65

Also, it seems the bond support system is back, like in FEDS. My Unit has an auto B support with Katarina, with 5 chapters needed to reach A.

A warning for those on Lunatic: The DracoKnights in the mountains all move if you attack one, rather than just camp like in the original.

Also, the Iote Shield can't be found by Julian anymore.

At this point I think I'm the only one stupid enough to keep trying Lunatic :P

At least I finally figured out a decent strategy for Prologue 8. I have no idea how anyone will be able to low turn it though.

Chapter 3X has Catalina and Kuraine talking at the start, as well as Rhys appearing in a different area of the map. Kuraine is the boss, a Lv5 Sniper with a Silver Bow and Rhys is in enemy territory... Shit.

EDIT: I want to make it clear I have no fucking clue how I got to this chapter. Low turns is possible since I took the short route and didn't recruit the Cavalier in Chapter 3. There's also a low unit limit, only 6 are allowed.

Kuraine leaves at the end of your second turn, but no one replaces her on the castle.

Also, I seriously doubt Rhys' ability to survive this on Lunatic. He more or less has to be hit once, and the map is filled with Armour Knights.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

Chapter 3X has Catalina and Kuraine talking at the start, as well as Rhys appearing in a different area of the map. Kuraine is the boss, a Lv5 Sniper with a Silver Bow and Rhys is in enemy territory... Shit.

EDIT: I want to make it clear I have no fucking clue how I got to this chapter. Low turns is possible since I took the short route and didn't recruit the Cavalier in Chapter 3. There's also a low unit limit, only 6 are allowed.

Kuraine leaves at the end of your second turn, but no one replaces her on the castle.

Also, I seriously doubt Rhys' ability to survive this on Lunatic. He more or less has to be hit once, and the map is filled with Armour Knights.

Yikes, this game seems to have challenge! And you meant Wrys, not Rhys. Haha.