Preliminary Tier List Discussion (Lunatic Mode)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Palla, I'm not 100% sure on her leaving Top.

Wasn't saying she should. I'm just raising possibilities.

but Palla isn't hurting in base Spd it seems.

Nah, but it's going to start dragging later, where she needs to restrain herself to faster, weaker, less mobile classes to double where Catria doesn't. You start needing 20 AS to double, for example. She needs 10 levels to get that. Then you'll start needing 24. Good luck EVER getting that (As Paladin!Palla, anyway). And then she'll start losing durability, too.

I'm not saying anything's concrete. Just raising possibilities and issues Palla needs to overcome.

Yeah bblade, I know you weren't saying that it's impossible for her to be in Top. She does have a shaky situation to go through with her Spd, but thankfully there are other options for her. She has:

- FalcoKnight, which this time it gets +2 Spd from Pegasus Knight.

- Sniper, which is also a solid class in this game

- Swordmaster, which has a solid enough Spd base

- Speedwing, which she is a good candidate for

And all three of the classes have an awesome Spd growth on top of it. I'll admit not being able to slip into Paladin nor General easily is a disadvantage, but there are ways you can ebb around it if you're seeking mobility (which is why I mentioned FalcoKnight). It also has the Sword stat for ready to use Lady Sword. Palla doesn't mind waiting for the Elysian Whip anyway, though I admit she does get somewhat injured in Chapter 11, but nevertheless it'd be that chapter at the worst.

Also, I think Draug is actually going to stay in the same tier as Luke. That is, assuming the merge with reclass.

Edited by Colonel M

Palla wants levels anyway with her iffy Spd growth, so the item coming late shouldn't be a big deal. I doubt you'll climb 10 levels from Chapter 3-10 (assuming you sit her out in 11). Even if she does you can hold back on her.

There doesn't seem to be a whip coming earlier than that other than from the online shop of course.

I'm against considering wi-fi shop, as usual.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone think there could be a BSFE&Extra chapter tier list? There are 7-9 total chapters (only 6 currently available) and so far we've got, in no particular order, Roro (and his clones),Katarina, Kleine, Athena, Eremiya, Gharnef, Michalis, Feena, Ellerean, Merric, Linde, Etzel, Boah, Tomas, Nyna, Midia, Dolph, Macellan, Minerva, Hardin, Wolf, Roshe, Catria, Palla, Frost, Castor, Rickard, Navarre, Lena, Malice, Dice, Camus, Belf, Reiden, and Robert. Maybe missed some people that are reinforcements in the BSFE chapters, too, since I've only played one of them. That's 35-36 (depending on Roro) units right there, and we've got 1-3 more chapters to be revealed. That's enough units for a tier list. The question is whether or not we want to deal with all of the cross-chapter comparisons. Nyna's the only one whose got more than one chapter of availability, IIRC.

Frankly if you're not using most, if not all, characters in any given extra map you're doing it wrong. You only get 4-5 units per mission anyway.

I.E. Definitely unnecessary.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

Palla's speed is fine as long as you raise her as a pegasus until she begins maxing out stats, like you should. Once she maxed speed as a pegasus, change her to another class so she can continue to build on her bases.

Do people really have trouble with her speed?

Palla's speed is fine as long as you raise her as a pegasus until she begins maxing out stats, like you should. Once she maxed speed as a pegasus, change her to another class so she can continue to build on her bases.

Do people really have trouble with her speed?

Pegasus Knight still gives her less flexibility than other people. It has 1 less move than Cavalier in maps where there is a lack of terrain (such as 6), less HP, Str, Def, and precludes usage of Swords for WTA over Axe users. Sure, she could also go Myrmidon or Archer (which have the same/higher Spd respectively), but Myrmidon is even MORE frail and doesn't even let her abuse her high Lance rank, and Archer has a pitiful 5 move and a horrid Speed base, on top of E Bows.

After she promotes, she can go SM or Sniper (I believe Dracoknight's Spd growth is lower than PK), but again, this affords less flexibility than a unit like Catria, MU, or even Luke/Caeda.

And even then her doubling will be iffy in the late game. Palla is still a great unit though. Early game Silver Lance on a unit that doubles everything is amazing (especially since you have 3 Silver Lances at the end of Ch. 3 and no Silvers of any other weapon type), and her Speed base means she doesn't need much propping up to still double late game because of how close she is, which is still better than a lot of units. But her Speed growth can still screw her over, whereas there is no RNG in weapon rank growth.

And even then her doubling will be iffy in the late game. Palla is still a great unit though. Early game Silver Lance on a unit that doubles everything is amazing (especially since you have 3 Silver Lances at the end of Ch. 3 and no Silvers of any other weapon type), and her Speed base means she doesn't need much propping up to still double late game because of how close she is, which is still better than a lot of units. But her Speed growth can still screw her over, whereas there is no RNG in weapon rank growth.

Agreed on that, but I'm not sure there's a better alternative, at least as far as falcoknights go. Dracoknights might be a different story especially with male class limits removed.

Pegasus Knight still gives her less flexibility than other people. It has 1 less move than Cavalier in maps where there is a lack of terrain (such as 6), less HP, Str, Def, and precludes usage of Swords for WTA over Axe users. Sure, she could also go Myrmidon or Archer (which have the same/higher Spd respectively), but Myrmidon is even MORE frail and doesn't even let her abuse her high Lance rank, and Archer has a pitiful 5 move and a horrid Speed base, on top of E Bows.

After she promotes, she can go SM or Sniper (I believe Dracoknight's Spd growth is lower than PK), but again, this affords less flexibility than a unit like Catria, MU, or even Luke/Caeda.

So if there's anyone we would elect to give a Speedwing...

So if there's anyone we would elect to give a Speedwing...

She absolutely needs a speedwing if you want her to keep up with lunatic mode enemies. Either that or a lot of save/loading to proc SPD. Even then you need to keep her in the high SPD classes like falcoknight, swordmaster, or sniper.