So what are the new endings and are the old endings the same

I always thought the hair gave it away that Wolf was emo. I'm pretty sure he's dead, crappier growth rates would probably do that to you.

Edited by Vyland

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm.... what? I wasn't being disrespectful or anything. (to a fictional game character, mind you)

And it's certainly the way he's portrayed, even with number of lines/ending he gets.

I kind of almost suspect Sedgar's ending to be almost the same, honestly.

Sorry, I'm just a bit nitpicky to detail.

However, perhaps I am just unsure of what in-base convos he gets. If I had some translations for that I would be more sure, or at least screenshots of some of his lines so I could attempt to decipher them myself with the tiny bit of japanese I know.

Well, I went back through my epilogue save (I didn't use him, and I have no earlier saves, unfortunately)

After you beat the final boss, everyone gets a line to say. Most of them have their smiling frames on during this, obviously because they've just saved the world ultimately. But wolf...

finalbosswolf.png

I think it would be fair to say he was depressed, as he feels no happiness after that...

Well, I went back through my epilogue save (I didn't use him, and I have no earlier saves, unfortunately)

After you beat the final boss, everyone gets a line to say. Most of them have their smiling frames on during this, obviously because they've just saved the world ultimately. But wolf...

finalbosswolf.png

I think it would be fair to say he was depressed, as he feels no happiness after that...

Again, it is probably because all he's done under the emperor's command still weighs heavy on him.

Maybe it's just me, since I define emo as being soppy and depressed when you have every reason not to be rather than just being depressed. Considering the 3 reasons stated, I think Wolf at least has a good reason to not be cheerful.

Though it does make me curious about Zag as well.

...Is that really Wolf's only other line?

Again, it is probably because all he's done under the emperor's command still weighs heavy on him.

Maybe it's just me, since I define emo as being soppy and depressed when you have every reason not to be rather than just being depressed. Considering the 3 reasons stated, I think Wolf at least has a good reason to not be cheerful.

Though it does make me curious about Zag as well.

...Is that really Wolf's only other line?

I guess you're right, and also, I was busy ripping Zagaro's ending and final boss quote. I assume Wolf has quotes in the chapter he's in and also support conversations, but I'm afraid I don't have a save file for them (I just saved over my file)

What do you make of these?

sedgarfinalboss.pngsedgarending.png

EDIT: If you want to see anyone else's ending, tell me, and I'll see if I kept them alive (there was a few I killed, like Astram. I can't remember any others.)

Edited by Kelsper

Well, I don't know much Japanese, but from what I do know...

Hmm, is he says "Hardin (can't read this part)..." which makes me think he's also sad about Hardin.

His ending thing says "Oreruan e" which, if I remember my particles, implies that he either left Aurelis or went there. It also says "Hadin no katsuteno" meaning "Hardin's _." I know 'katsu' means victory or winning, but with the 'teno' I'm not sure what it means. In any case, from that, it sounds pretty similar to Wolf's. Depressing.

I guess you're right, and also, I was busy ripping Zagaro's ending and final boss quote. I assume Wolf has quotes in the chapter he's in and also support conversations, but I'm afraid I don't have a save file for them (I just saved over my file)

What do you make of these?

sedgarfinalboss.pngsedgarending.png

Well, his quote after the final boss he just seems to be reflecting a bit on times with Hardin, simply saying his name with the appropriate honorific as to display respect to a superior (sama).

His ending says that he returned to Aurelis. He continued to shape the knights for battle with Hardin's passing in mind/He continued to lead the knights of hte plains into battle. (translation might be a bit hazy there).

Basically he continued in Hardin's place in command of the knights of Aurelis.

Edited by Etzel's Hips

Well, someone was asking about Luke earlier, also Vyland.

lukeending.pngvylandquote.pngvylandending.png

EDIT: Sedgar's ending does seem less depressing. A bit. But still...

Edited by Kelsper

EDIT: If you want to see anyone else's ending, tell me, and I'll see if I kept them alive (there was a few I killed, like Astram. I can't remember any others.)

Would it be possible to see Merric's ending please?

EDIT:: Actually dont worry about it or else this whole thread will end up becoming you fielding requests for screen shots of every character ending which might take a while.

Edited by merric

EDIT:: Actually dont worry about it or else this whole thread will end up becoming you fielding requests for screen shots of every character ending which might take a while.

Ha-ha, dont worry dude. I'll probably be getting all the endings just for the sake of helping out. I might do that tomorrow, as I have some spare time. I have some missing characters though, like Astram.

Anyway with the Hardin vs Michalis death debate:

Most people aren't upset because Hardin died, most people are upset because Michalis didn't die and got off easy, even after murdering his own father and people and driving his country to ruin deliberately. I think most Archanean and Aurelis citizens know Hardin clearly wasn't acting his usual self. It wouldn't make sense why they chose to bring back Michalis and give him his happy ending while people like Wolf commit suicide.

Thank for doing that :)

Also i cant see any mention by name of Elice in Merric's ending, but there wasnt in his FE3 one either IIRC. it was only ever implied i think.

Edited by merric

Well, someone was asking about Luke earlier, also Vyland.

lukeending.pngvylandquote.pngvylandending.png

EDIT: Sedgar's ending does seem less depressing.

I have trouble with hirigana termonology, and seeing that Luke's ending is pretty heavy with that, I might not be 100% accurate with his.

As for Vyland's quote and ending.

Vyland: At the present, we are in doubt. Yet, this was a good thing..

Perhaps it's just a bit of termonology getting lost in translation, but I think he's saying something along the lines of "We're in dark times, yet this was good for us in the end". Vyland takes a lesson from what has transpired.

As for his ending, it says he returned to Aurelis. He helped support ties to Altea after they had recovered.

Wow, either I'm mistranslating, or Vyland became a diplomat to help make ties with Altea once more. Considering what's happened, that's...a LOT to take on.

I'll do Luke's later.

So, Hardin goes crazy and is killed, Wolf commits suicide, and Sedgar is stuck taking charge after that? Wow.

It said he went into fierce battle, so I can't help but thnk it was less "he committed suicide" and more as though he went on a suicidal rampage.

They accomplish the same thing, but the events that transpire between the two are entirely different.

EDIT: Maric's ending does not mention Elice, but I'll translate that in a bit as well.

Edited by Etzel's Hips

Thanks for translating what you can, I know some people want to see how the characters endings are translated. =P

Anyway, so far I went through my last, and here is a list of people I don't think survived/never got (in the case of Raddy/Caesar)

Raddy

Caesar

Rickard

Etzel

Astram

Roger

Jake

I hope/believe I have the rest of the characters.

Edited by Kelsper

Well, he went with the intention of killing himself. Basically, he made someone else pull the trigger instead.

So, Hardin goes crazy and is killed by Marth, whom he supported in the previous war. Wolf, whose people were saved by Hardin, ends up fighting against Hardin in the end, but gets himself killed. Sedgar is left in charge of the knights with them gone, and Vyland becomes a diplomat. I guess that sorta makes sense with is quote, saying they did the right thing to fight Hardin. I'd interpret it as "Right now, we aren't sure if we should have betrayed Hardin, but it was the right thing to do."

Well guys, it's late here, so I'm gonna go sleep, and tomorrow I'm probably going to make a "gallery" of some sorts of all the endings/final boss quotes except for the characters mentioned above. It'll be a lot more efficient as I don't need to upload them to imageshack, and don't need to fast forward through the same stuff over and over again.

EDIT: Thanks to everyone who has translated anything up to this point; sorry I can't be of assistance, but I guess I'm just selfish like that, lol. Anyway, if you could translate anything you see fit, even if it's just vague, that would be really helpful.

EDIT2: I also killed off Roger and Jake. Damn. Sorry, I wasn't going for a perfect run or anything ._. I might try and complete the game again and get those characters.

Edited by Kelsper

The last bit of merrics ending says somthing about him being friendly with his students i think. one of the kanji i have no idea about at all.

Edited by merric