H3 (Lunatic) Tier List

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...Maris vs. Cain. Cain is definately better due to availability and lance rank, but Maris only comes a couple chapters later, one level higher with the same sword rank with +1 SPD and +2 DEF. Her growths are a little on the low side, but not enough to warrant her the "Free Silver" tier imo. Maybe on low Mid/High low tier.

That looks ok... until you realize that Cain has a good 30% Speed growth and 20% Def growth on Maris, as well as availability, lance rank, AND prologue. By the time you would have Maris, you already have a ton of units that do the same thing without having fail Def growth.

What do people think about Curate Linde or Cecil? Compared to Wrys, aside from his Prologue, they rape him growth-wise and have chapters available before him. When he rejoins, they should have about the same staff rank, maybe even higher.

Like I said, stats are nearly irrelevant to how a staff user functions. I might be willing to buy Curate Cecile, but all that would do is move her into the No Contest tier. As for Linde, she can at the very least Aurabomb shit, and I doubt that being a fourth random lol healer is worth giving potential mad chip up.

I think Palla could stand to drop to the bottom of Top if not a tad lower. Her Speed growth makes her reliant on being stuck in fast classes (PK, Sniper, SM) and/or Speedwings to keep up mid-late game. Keep in mind I might be overvaluing late game performance because it was much more recent for me.

Shiida is above Arran. I want you to try again with that one.

Arran's growths don't exist and he's reliant on having promoted class bases to jeigan early game. He's useful there, but once you get better Snipers and you get enough units to fill up a team with non-fillers, there's no reason to use him. Meanwhile, Caeda is doubling everything and has effective bonus on Generals and Paladins, which make a good showing in chapters

6x

Note that that's more than a Bow user can say (Jeorge only has 9, 11, 21, and like half a dozen guys in 18+19). Consider that a vast majority of enemies in 15 and 18-19 are mounted (I'm talking upwards of 80%)

I'm going to have to say this, but I feel like I'm going to be shot for this. Sirius is in high. This man has crap midgame. Class Swap makes him stellar at jointime, but all he's got is retreating to sniper for midgame and onward he's doing what anyone else as the sniper class is doing. Am missing something here? I feel Sirius might be a bit high.

Sirius is high because he has auto B Swords and A Lances, meaning he doesn't have to worry about weapon rank, and his growths are very high as to counteract his poor personal bases late game (promoted class bases counteract them early). However, both he and Arran are a bit high. Arran could probably stand to drop to just above Tiki and Sirius to just above Draug (Sirius can go Horseman or General and win by abusing his Sword/Lance ranks).

In fact, why is George not in High? Seriously, let's try the dragon's valley without a Parthia user. From there on, he's pretty much doing what any other archer is doin

Jeorge has a 5 personal Speed base a 15% growth, meaning that the only thing he CAN do is OHKO Ch. 11 flyers with Parthia.

Which is cool, but any other serious bow user isn't going to be far behind in that department, and is actually going to hold up in scenarios where I don't need to kill flyers, or where I don't want to waste Parthia (for example, Caeda will actually be doubling Dracoknights). Jeorge also suffers from having a terrible support list (MU, Gordin, and Astram. Meaning someone that's on every list and two horrible units), whereas Caeda can give Marth and Ogma/Roger boosts, and in turn get an avoid/crit boost from Marth. Jeorge is also SoL in other class options since that further hurts his already bad Speed base.

Jeorge is very useful for a specific enemy type in a single chapter in the game. Yes, this is good considering half the cast is useless from the word go, but Caeda does the *same thing* in many more chapters, and actually might do something of note when pitted against an enemy that she doesn't OHKO with an A rank weapon.

If anything he should drop below Merric and Etzel, who join a chapter later but can also heal but have more options for dealing with flyers (Excalibur has more uses and you get another copy in 20x) and are much faster/tankier.

Beats me. I'd be okay with them being a little lower, but Paperblade vouched for their effectiveness in dispatching dragons of all kinds. I don't really care which is higher. Also, Tiki shows up earlier, which is a plus.

They are too high. I wanted them out of Free Silvers tier because they actually do something (kill dragons). They should drop to somewhere in Mid. I would say around Jeorge.

Yubello to Low for being an auxillery Shaver user.

Because I don't have like 4 Archer slots, 3 Hunter slots, 2 Mage slots, a Dark Mage slot, and only one more chapter with Dracoknights (of which there are only 4) for the next half dozen or so chapters.

Frost is not in the appropriate tiers according to your rules.

When Frost joined, he had less Magic than Bishop Minerva.

Let that sink in. Bishop Minerva. A unit with a 0 for both Magic base and growth at 4 promoted.

His staff rank wasn't helping his case much either.

So I'm playing through the prologue again, and I discovered a few things:

1) Rody's lower base stats then Luke make a much bigger difference then I thought before

2) Merc My-Unit is neither good nor bad

3) Trying to get Ryan kills in regular Lunatic usually doesn't make very much sense

The first one makes me want to retract my previous support for Rody. He really is pretty terrible to use. At Level 4, he's essentially Base Luke and experience is relatively tight in the prologue. He really is awful.

That looks ok... until you realize that Cain has a good 30% Speed growth and 20% Def growth on Maris, as well as availability, lance rank, AND prologue. By the time you would have Maris, you already have a ton of units that do the same thing without having fail Def growth.

Well...maybe that's a terrible comparison...

But is she really worse than Bord, who only has an axe rank on her and gets doubled by everything? Athena only has 3 chapters of Prologue going for her; Maris comes earlier and rapes her base stats. And even units like Samto, Caesar, Matthis and Radd?

The real question is, is it worth using Malice at all? Bord is super clutch in chapters 3 and 3x if you didn't have a fighter MU. Malice is clutch for nothing. In fact, using her in the long run will probably hurt more than it helps. Which is why Bord > Malice.

Edited by dondon151

The real question is, is it worth using Malice at all? Bord is super clutch in chapters 3 and 3x if you didn't have a fighter MU. Malice is clutch for nothing. Which is why Bord > Malice.

This would mean that Cain is ridiculously more clutch than Bord since he's a tier up on the guy. We're giving Cain mid tier for P-8?

I haven't advanced far enough into the game yet, but if Cain can muster some sort of useful longevity, then Cain > Bord is justified.

What do people think about Curate Linde or Cecil? Compared to Wrys, aside from his Prologue, they rape him growth-wise and have chapters available before him. When he rejoins, they should have about the same staff rank, maybe even higher.

No one cares about healer growths. As for availability and staff rank after 3x, I have these concerns:

1. Wrys easily got D staves in P-7 or P-8 on my H3 playthrough. I know for a fact that Wrys fully used one of the Heal staves that you get in the prologue, which puts him at 40 staff WEXP at minimum.

2. Depending on your offense, Cecile can't afford to go mage in chapter 1. You get Malliesia after the initial rush anyway.

3. You'll also need all the offense that you can get in chapter 2. You will only have room for Malliesia.

4. You get Linde. My 17 turn strategy only has room for 1 staff user, which is... Malliesia.

So really, you have a staff user who is at best, halfway through E staves, against Wrys, who has D staves. And really, there is no point in using more than 2 staff users, so you might as well use the ones with the best staff rank.

EDIT: sorry for the double post.

Edited by Sirius

I haven't advanced far enough into the game yet, but if Cain can muster some sort of useful longevity, then Cain > Bord is justified.

My question is simply: By an entire tier? Because again, I don't see how being the boss slayer when axer MU is not in play for one chapter is losing to "Not much better than Est in P-8".

But hey, you're aware I could seal Malice with the speed orbs and she'd automatically be doubling Roro with 26 might thanks to Lady Sword. Taurus+Leo with a speed potion, she'd be ORKOing the non-boss ones. In the least, she's capable of cutting them to half health. Then again though, I'm not fully aware of how rare these potions are or not, but it's something she has over Cain since he cannot pull off the same since he has no way to match the Lady Sword's might. This carries over to the desert where she only needs the Leo orb to do the same to bandits. If over the course of time she's gotten 2 speed, she can double ice dragons naturally. From there, it obviously gets shaky.

Now obviously we could say to hell with that and just have the normal team do it, but I could say the same for Cain as well. Past prologue 8, what is it he's doing as to warrent mid tier? The answer is pretty much "not much more than Malice".

If we aren't going to raise Malice (which I could agree with on the basis of "we could have the normal team do it"), at least drop Cain to Bord's tier. Cain can still be>Bord there.

Edited by Etzel's Hips

Then again though, I'm not fully aware of how rare these potions are or not, but it's something she has over Cain since he cannot pull off the same since he has no way to match the Lady Sword's might.

The potions are random and should not be assumed.

In any case, SM Cain has access to the Silver Sword. Whether a Silver Sword exists is a completely different question, which I don't know the answer to.

TOP TIER

Paola

Unit I created

Catria

Sheeda

Malliesia

Feena

HIGH TIER

Sirius

Luke

Linde

Marth

Yumina

Oguma

Rody

Navarre

ABOVE AVERAGE TIER

Arran

Athena

Cecil

Draug

Minerva

Barts

Cain

Wrys

Frey

AVERAGE TIER

Wendell

Julian

George

Castor

Etzel

Maric

Warren

Radd

Caesar

Yubello

Cord

Bord

BELOW AVERAGE TIER

Samto

Norne

Roger

Ryan

Mathis

Gordon

Ricardo

Banutu

My current impression after four units were promoted at 20/0. Reclass duly considered. No abuse, favoritism or stat booster/orb fragments involved. I don't intend this to be a decisive ranking by any means, but it carries weight for what's got to be half of the gameplay when most of your army is struggling to varying degrees and hardly self-sufficient, so........I wouldn't make haste to discount it.

dondon: Healer growths kind of matter. Also ties into how they're going to measure up after promotion.

I wouldn't reduce Dolph/Maccelan to "Free Silvers" tier, just because they have jointime utility (being forced) if absolutely nothing else.

A lot of people in that tier aren't forced at all, let alone for one chapter.

Speaking of utility, it's the exact same reason I'd put Cord above Matthis.

Edited by Cav!Gordin

This isn't the place to post your half-cocked cooked up tier lists. Want to suggest changes to THIS one? Sure, post here. Otherwise, keep that shit outta here.

Also, healers aren't promoting. At least, they shouldn't be, and even after they do, it's not like they're seeing any real combat.

EDIT: Yeah yeah, Dolph/Macellan are forced. Doesn't mean they're good and/or even marginally acceptable at any point in time.

Edited by Seven Deadly Sins

In any case, SM Cain has access to the Silver Sword. Whether a Silver Sword exists is a completely different question, which I don't know the answer to.

Well, we know that Lady Swords exist, and with the Leo+Taurus orb she's able to at least cut them in half. Then, she can ORKO bandits in the valley, and I would venture she could muster 2 speed within the 3 chapters before the frozen lands as to let her double ice dragons. Not sure if she'd need a forged wyrmslayer for that bit though.

Obviously that fits in the category "Nothing the main team isn't already doing", but I can at least measure her power out that far.

EDIT: Yeah yeah, Dolph/Macellan are forced. Doesn't mean they're good and/or even marginally acceptable at any point in time.

Funny, I could swear I never said they were.

I said they had forced chapter utility. That's more than what anybody in the Free Silver tier has to offer. They should top that tier out if nothing else.

This is silly, you can't assume you're not getting ANY. I had a whole surplus of the damn things by the end of my run.

Speaking of, Radd above Cord? uh what? What's Radd doing so "High", in general?

Edited by Cav!Gordin

I think everyone should be tiered based on the same stuff. The free silvers part of the list and the no contest part of the list should be integrated with the rest of the list.

I said they had forced chapter utility. That's more than what anybody in the Free Silver tier has to offer. They should top that tier out if nothing else.

bblade, we're not going to bother arguing about semantics. Even if the units are "forced," you can do just fine without them, so they wouldn't get any credit. This is unlike, for example, Bord, whom you need for the C axe user. I don't think it's worth it to draw the distinction between "forced for one chapter or a fraction of a chapter but useless" and "not forced for any chapters and useless."

This is silly, you can't assume you're not getting ANY. I had a whole surplus of the damn things by the end of my run.

Now, now. For all we know, the tier player can play through the entire game flawlessly in 1 sitting. Since the random rewards are based on time in the real world, the chances of getting such an item are small.

Or, the player can abuse the random bonus system, spending days on each chapter. Should we account for that, and if we do, how do we come to a proper medium that is consistent?

I would think the better argument against potions being something more than circumstantial would be that you are not even garunteed what kind of potion you would get in said bonus, since I could easily assume that the player isn't going to sit and play through the entire game in one sitting.

As for Lundgren and Big Mac...Yeah, not touching that one.

Even if the units are "forced," you can do just fine without them, so they wouldn't get any credit.

Not the point. They're free contributions in their respective chapters. They can contribute more than idiots like Horace or whatever ever will.

You can do "just fine without them", but they're free unit slots, and free unit slots are free unit slots, so why wouldn't you take advantage of it? They can bait if absolutely nothing else. You know something? I'd seriously argue Dolph baiting/doing bad-ish counter damage before getting ORKOd by one guy is more useful than Radd's entire existence.

I don't think it's worth it to draw the distinction between "forced for one chapter or a fraction of a chapter but useless" and "not forced for any chapters and useless."

Worth what, exactly? Is it really that much effort to move Dolph and Macellan to the top of the Free Silver list?

And speaking of the free Silver list, I can agree that Nabarl>Malice, very easily, but I don't really understand the logic of one being usable (mid tier) and one not being usable (silver tier)

bblade, I'm assuming you didn't read the rules, because you're definitely not abiding by them.
- Units are tiered based on their ability to contribute to an effective team. Units that do not contribute, or contribute extremely poorly, are placed in Bottom Tier. The greater the unit's potential contribution, the higher the unit's tiering position.

Dolph contributes more to an effective team than Radd. Therefore, Dolph>Radd. What about the rules am I not abiding?

In fact, since you understand the rules so well, then surely you can explain to me how Radd is anywhere but the "I'm FE12, what is this?" tier?

Edited by Cav!Gordin

Maybe you didn't read, because he is there?

Don't be a condescending fuckwit around here. I'm tired of it.

Read them again. You missed something fairly important, which pertains specifically to one of your earlier comments..

I'm FE12, what is this?

- Norne

- Samto

- Castor

- Bantu

- Caesar

- Radd

- Yubello

- Matthis

- Cord

Edited by Sirius

Maybe you didn't read, because he is there?

Okay, maybe he is, but you still haven't explained how he>Cord, or even better, him>Malice.

Edited by Cav!Gordin

- Units in Bottom Tier and the special lists are not ordered. However, all other tiers are assumed to be ordered by level of contribution.

Make one more ignorant useless post here that is better answered by the rules or a little common sense and I'm done with you.

Edited by Seven Deadly Sins

Nah, since you just plug your ears and go "RULESET" when a unit is clearly better or worse than another, I'm the one who's done with you. You have fun tiering half the units in the game and ignoring the fact that some of the bottom half of the cast are more useless than others. You want me out, I'm out.

I would think the better argument against potions being something more than circumstantial would be that you are not even garunteed what kind of potion you would get in said bonus, since I could easily assume that the player isn't going to sit and play through the entire game in one sitting.

The notion is not that farfetched. With the perfection of a certain strategy, you can basically play the game off a piece of paper if you wanted to. Of course, we haven't reached that point yet. But on like, FEDS, it's certainly possible.

Not the point. They're free contributions in their respective chapters. They can contribute more than idiots like Horace or whatever ever will.

If you complete a chapter in 12 turns with X unit and complete a chapter in 12 turns without X unit, then X unit didn't actually do anything.

Worth what, exactly? Is it really that much effort to move Dolph and Macellan to the top of the Free Silver list?

Turn your eyes off skim mode for a moment. Bottom tier and free silver tier are not ordered.

And speaking of the free Silver list, I can agree that Nabarl>Malice, very easily, but I don't really understand the logic of one being usable (mid tier) and one not being usable (silver tier)

Navarre joins 4 chapters earlier than Malice, with virtually the same base stats. He has superior growths. The caliber of enemy units seems to grow very quickly in midgame, so the 4 chapter join time lead is significant.