Dismounting In FE8

H3X/AntiStyle

I've managed to get Dismounting working in FE8, in case anyone's wondering. I haven't looked into it yet, but I think I could prolly do the same with FE7. It all depends on how FE7 handles promotions.

BTW, a unit who's "dismounting" DOESN'T get any promotion bonuses, and if the hack is using a combination of a Lvl 30 cap and the No Level Reset upon Promotion patch, then it's not even like a dis/mounting capable unit gets any unfair advantage other than being able to get on/off a horse.

Of course, it's entirely possible for the dismounted unit to have, say, a 15% crit bonus/weapon locks, and then the mounted unit to have Con advantage/Movement.

Video when it's done uploading.

Well, the way it's done means that it isn't a game wide thing, i.e., you have to do it on individual basises. Also, each group has to have 2 totally free classes open to do this, for the clone classes. So Paladin M and say, Hero M would need a Paladin M2 and a Hero M2, and then Paladin F/Hero F would need a Paladin F2 and Hero F2.

So it's time/class slot restrictive. Not that there's a huge demand for class slots, but theoretically it'd work for ANY two classes you wanted.

My own motivation for this was to make Celice work in FE4A like he does in FE4, but I could prolly make Lyn work as a dual Blade Lord/Mounted Blade Lord (lol Nomad).

Stuff like this. It's more manipulation of the Promotion charts than anything.

EDIT: If I recall correctly, I don't think I could make this work in FE7. This works in FE8 more or less because of the split promotions, and because of the Trainees. FE7 had neither. But if 3rd tier promotions were possible in FE7, then I think I could do it in that too.

EDIT 2: Yeah it works in FE7. Done a little different, but it works.

Edited by H3X/AntiStyle

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the way it's done means that it isn't a game wide thing, i.e., you have to do it on individual basises. Also, each group has to have 2 totally free classes open to do this, for the clone classes. So Paladin M and say, Hero M would need a Paladin M2 and a Hero M2, and then Paladin F/Hero F would need a Paladin F2 and Hero F2.

So it's time/class slot restrictive. Not that there's a huge demand for class slots, but theoretically it'd work for ANY two classes you wanted.

My own motivation for this was to make Celice work in FE4A like he does in FE4, but I could prolly make Lyn work as a dual Blade Lord/Mounted Blade Lord (lol Nomad).

Stuff like this. It's more manipulation of the Promotion charts than anything.

EDIT: If I recall correctly, I don't think I could make this work in FE7. This works in FE8 more or less because of the split promotions, and because of the Trainees. FE7 had neither. But if 3rd tier promotions were possible in FE7, then I think I could do it in that too.

EDIT 2: Yeah it works in FE7. Done a little different, but it works.

Is this dead or would you care to show me this?

• 6 years later...