Remake?

ZephyrWind

MageKnight 404 was working on a SS hack with Radiant Dawn charaters in it. But he put it on hold.

A Sacred Dawn HAS been put on hold, but so far, it's actually quite good.

And it's a reskin hack so far so it gets really boring really fast, but MK is gonna be awesome and fix that soon :D

Longer answer than the other dude: FE4 Advance is a remake of FE4 for the GBA, but it's on hold due to various things. Such as Arch working on Elibian Nights.

As for Sacred Stones hacks, there aren't any good ones out to my knowledge, but if you want decent demos, A Sacred Dawn and Gorilla Gadek SG are good ones.

An FE2 Advance was supposed to be in the makings, if it counts... granted, FE2 isn't an SNES game...

An FE2 Advance was supposed to be in the makings, if it counts... granted, FE2 isn't an SNES game...

Isn't hacking FE2/Gaiden a bulload harder then hacking the GBA games? I mean how much work does it take?

He was remaking FE2, not hacking FE2.

And generally NES hacking is easier than GBA hacking, but considering all the utilities, tutorials, and documentation on hacking the GBA games, yeah, GBA is easier...

Considering everything, though, the lack of an FE7 hack of the FE4/5 ROM is almost slightly disappointing.

Edited by bunny: Now with Pancakes

Considering everything, though, the lack of an FE7 hack of the FE4/5 ROM is almost slightly disappointing.

Well, if you want a shitty remake of FE4, I'm sure Arch would be happy to just do the bare minimum of changing the text and classes, not bothering to get portraits for everything or get new animations, new maps, new events, etc. Quality things take time, and it's not like ROM hackers can spend 24 hours a day, 7 days a week working on their project. (Not to mention, something of that scale almost always requires having assistance of some kind, so you have to add in the fact that the helpers can't work 24/7 on stuff for the project either.)

He was remaking FE2, not hacking FE2.

And generally NES hacking is easier than GBA hacking, but considering all the utilities, tutorials, and documentation on hacking the GBA games, yeah, GBA is easier...

Well I mean just using something like Nightmare or something or rather. That's the only thing I've touched.

Well, if you want a shitty remake of FE4, I'm sure Arch would be happy to just do the bare minimum of changing the text and classes, not bothering to get portraits for everything or get new animations, new maps, new events, etc. Quality things take time, and it's not like ROM hackers can spend 24 hours a day, 7 days a week working on their project. (Not to mention, something of that scale almost always requires having assistance of some kind, so you have to add in the fact that the helpers can't work 24/7 on stuff for the project either.)

I'm not sure if you've read what you think you read.

You make it seem like I have an issue with the time frame on the FE4 project.

And that's not what I said.

I was just wondering why there isn't a version of the FE7 story with all of the superior features on the FE4/5 roms. Like skills.

Be more careful with what you read next time before you attempt to come off as 'reasonable'.

Edited by bunny: Now with Pancakes

I'm not sure if you've read what you think you read.

You make it seem like I have an issue with the time frame on the FE4 project.

And that's not what I said.

I was just wondering why there isn't a version of the FE7 story with all of the superior features on the FE4/5 roms. Like skills.

Be more careful with what you read next time before you attempt to come off as 'reasonable'.

If that's what you were meaning, then I'm sorry. The wording of the post merely said "an FE7 hack of the FE4/5 ROM," which doesn't really denote meaning the features that those games had, hence why I assumed what I did.

Edited by Lord Glenn