Pegasus Knight that use swords animation?

Junkhead

Um, does anyone know where I can get it so I could import to FE6-8?

Me and Integrity have been wondering how godly peggies would be earlygame if they were able to use swords right of the bat.

The only one that I'm aware of was made by Mage Knight 404, and I'd assume that he isn't going to make it public (similar to his Halberdier). You'll have to get someone to make you one and use FEditor Adv to insert it.

MageKnight404 was able to give sword animations to Pegasus Knights for his Sacred Dawn hack. I'd suggest you ask him about it. Just saying.

As for the idea itself, it would make characters like Vanessa and Florina(and to a lesser extent, Thany) a hell of a lot more useful, since the first two maps that Fail-Whore is in is axe-infested. And don't let me get started on Florina; pretty much all of Lyn's mode is an axefest, except for the last two maps. Also, FE6 has two axe-infested parts: The earlygame and the Western Isles, so Thany would actually be pretty good in C9-11 if pegs could use swords at base(still no Miledy or Zeiss by any means, but her rating would increase.). Mono lances suck if you are being 2HKO'd all the damn time in earlygame; at least with a sword, the bandits would have ~35% displayed instead of ~65%.

Edited by DA125

I didn't do the staff one. At least, I don't remember it... I've done like 40 animations though so it's possible that I just forgot doing it for someone ._.

For some reason I remember another hack having the cliche "Pegasus Knight w/ swords" thing, but pretty much if you want it done, you're going to need to like, make your own sprites and CBA for FEditor Adv, and insert it. And if you don't know what that is, chances are this is going to be beyond you...

By asking this question, he's already thrown that proposal out the window, because he wants the animation. The title says so. :P

What you say is a fair enough solution though if you're just looking for the gameplay aspect and not the graphical aspect. :\

There is an Elincia-style pegasus knight OR that uses staffs, done by Blazer, IIRC, or there is the MK404 Sword Peg Knight.

This isn't really helpful to the OP but you may be thinking of the Falcoknight staff animation made by shadowofchaos here. At least I'm assuming it's by him, I only skim read the topic and I didn't see anything to imply it was someone elses.

Something which might help the OP however is that it's quite simple to make an animation, especially if you're just changing the weapon of an existing animation. Just find the sheet, open in paint, erase the lances and replace with a sword sprite from another animation. Then find out how to insert it using FEditor Adv (I used a pretty cool tutorial by Blazer but I forgotten where I got it from. It's likely to be on FEUniverse somewhere).

Well at least that's what I did when I made my wyverns with axes animations. They're not the best but they do the job. Hopefully someone more experienced can offer some better advice. Good luck!

I didn't do the staff one. At least, I don't remember it... I've done like 40 animations though so it's possible that I just forgot doing it for someone ._.

For some reason I remember another hack having the cliche "Pegasus Knight w/ swords" thing, but pretty much if you want it done, you're going to need to like, make your own sprites and CBA for FEditor Adv, and insert it. And if you don't know what that is, chances are this is going to be beyond you...

Then it must have been FireShrine. My bad, I get confused easily

I think it was Shadowofchaos, since someone just mentioned him.

Also, FireShrine = me, I made the YT account "FireShrine" originally because it was the "official channel" of the Fire Emblem Shrine... ._. *drags the discussion away from the topic*

I'm the one that made the staves one ._.

I said anyone can use it since it's just basically a splice of the Javelin Falcoknight animation and the Valkyrie animation. The major pain was making the animation use the exact same palette as the original Falcoknights so palettes like Tana didn't have blood-red stained Pegasi when she used staves ._.

*offtopic done*

Yes, you WILL have to either modify the animation graphics (like what MK404 did), make a completely custom one via FEditor Advance, or ask him for permission to use it. Usually if you're pretty nice, he's pretty friendly about permission.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm the one that made the staves one ._.

Sorry, SoC, I have a hard time keeping track of who makes what. It's been a few months since I've looked at the animation, and I've been bogged down by school and a lot of my Fire Emblem knowledge is being replaced by Monster Hunter Tri knowledge, although I wish it wouldn't

I was actually thinking of making the animation public in one point in time or another, but I never bothered to get around to it. If you'll permit me a few moments, I should have a .zip file up with the animation data for one's perusal...

EDIT: Have at thee, and enjoy your flying sword chicks. All I ask in return is credit.

Pegasus Knight Sword.zip

Edited by Mage Knight 404

I was actually thinking of making the animation public in one point in time or another, but I never bothered to get around to it. If you'll permit me a few moments, I should have a .zip file up with the animation data for one's perusal...

EDIT: Have at thee, and enjoy your flying sword chicks. All I ask in return is credit.

Oh my. Thank you for that. I might actually start rom-hacking, because this gives me a reason to try inserting things, and credit will definitely be given.

Ah, thank you SO MUCH!

I mean, I could just hack peggies and give them swords without animation. But what fun is there to that? Thank you. 8]

One last question...how do I insert it? I keep getting this error here...=/

Apparently, the problem was that all my ROMs were hacked with Nightmare, so that caused the error. I switched to a clean copy, and it worked.

But...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SOME MUCH, Ray & Blazing_Soul. I am so fangirling to Florina's earlygame godliness now. :newyears:

Edited by The Leaving Song

• 8 years later...

I greatly apologize for the necrobump, but this thread's question matches my own in a way.

So we have combat animations for pegasus knights wielding swords (thank you MK404).  However, I seem unable to find map sprites of the same; I've looked everywhere for a sword peg knight map sprite set, and I just can't find it.  I suppose it would be trivial to just edit the lance into a sword myself, but I wanna know first if anyone had already beaten me to it and whether they're willing to share it.

As for why I need it, I'm working on a... thing and part of that thing are two kinds of peg knights that both lead to the same falcoknight: The standard lance one and a sword-only one.  I just need map sprites to complete the sword peg.

Thanks so much.  Actually, I kinda like the helmetless look.  I might apply that to the vanilla lance version too.

I guess at this point, I better start keeping track of all the names I should credit.