Funny, Stupid, Unknown and Interesting Facts about FE12

Even on Lunatic the general guarding Est will not attack her.

This isn't true. I've had the general kill Est before on Lunatic shortly after killing the boss and recruiting Abel (edit: oops.. got the guys mixed up). So there is something that triggers it.

I'm also kind of skeptical about the AI being different between modes.

So here are some of my own interesting facts:

If you kill all the thieves in Ch 16 before any chest is opened, you can sit around forever until you decide to open a chest or the temple doors.

If you visit the Ch 18 village on turn 1, the 4 paladins not with the wolf team will remain hostile.

If you kill the Ch 19 boss, no further reinforcements will appear.

Edited by mjemirzian

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you move next to a unit and try to use Hammerne, but back out before selecting something to repair, the cursor vanishes. Strangely, this doesn't happen unless you move first. It's really weird.

Also, the Chapter 20 reinforcement trigger on Lunatic seems really strange. As far as I could tell, it's tied to either of these two things:

1. Attacking either of the two Heroes blocking the path near the start.

2. Turn 4 (?) if you lured the Heroes without actually attacking them. You can do that by entering Mr. Forged Longbow's range. You can use this to actually reach Hardain in a pacifist style, if you feel like being silly.

Also, the Chapter 20 reinforcement trigger on Lunatic seems really strange. As far as I could tell, it's tied to either of these two things:

1. Attacking either of the two Heroes blocking the path near the start.

2. Turn 4 (?) if you lured the Heroes without actually attacking them. You can do that by entering Mr. Forged Longbow's range. You can use this to actually reach Hardain in a pacifist style, if you feel like being silly.

I tried aggroing both of the longbow snipers in range near the start point and the heroes didn't aggro. Afaik the reinforcements appear from enemy turn 4 onward if you've aggroed the 2 heroes or the enemies behind them that are also linked.

On that note, the only truly new characters (that haven't existed until FE12) are My Unit and Katarina.

You mean truly new recruitables. If we're counting everyone, throw Kleine, Roro, and Eremiya into the mix (at minimum).

Astram and Jeorge both appear multiple times as enemies. Some people believe that they're brothers. Coincidence? Somehow, I think not.

. . .just as the dude I wish was real and the Green Skittle are brothers. Not happening.

They seem to be really good friends, and Astram's slightly smarter than a brick.

Katarina can talk to Kleine in the 2nd dowloadable chapter, but only after the reinforcements have been triggered.

Minerva has a special boss conversation with Ruben in BS2. Quite a long one too.

Haven't confirmed this: Some characters death quotes in the DL chapters imply that they retreat rather than die.

When recruiting Barst with Cord, he mistakes him for Bord at first.

Actually, it doesn't really look like Ruben has eyebrows in the original BSFE art either.

Maybe you're interpreting the outline differently than I am, though. A more notable detail is that his hair got more "round", which combined with the change in facial expression makes him look slightly more like nobility than a bandit.

Anyway, has there been any note on the significance of Dice wearing that Viking Helmet?

As of FE11 and FE12 fighters aren't wearing any pants, but warriors are.

You WOULD notice that.

I think they're wearing shorts. Unfortunately, I don't have any class B unpromoted guys to verify this.