Fire Emblem 4 - Shin Patch

Shin

120 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult is it right now?

2. 2. Which new mugs need further work?

Yo! I'm not having much luck with Lex. Good news however, is that I've yet again found something promising eventwise! If only I could moonspeak!

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could consider looking for a translator, or a liaison if you're talking with someone, to mess with this promising find. romhacking dot net has a subforum for specifically dealing with foreign languages, often out of the nature of fan translations. You could ask for a bit of help there. Next to that, there are an entire internet full of communities, some of which have people who would be interested in helping. Maybe check out the /r/fireemblem, or one of the subreddits dedicated to translation/learning a language?

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if there is any way to find anything even close to relevant (that being over 50%) change log? No such thing seems to come with the patch

I did have a changelog, but it's sorely outdated. I'm actually in the process of making a new one, but it's tough when I start changing things on a whim!

I'm afraid I've been distracted by other things! Plus I'm super lazy! I keep meaning to revamp Lex's although I still haven't got something I'm happy with.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, it's me again, been a while so you probably don't remember me, but I played this and loved it a while back so I'm wondering why you replaced Dew's solar sword skill?

I was thinking of trying this again, but I'm sorry to say that Dew not having solar sword is kind of a deal breaker for me. I heard the changelog is incomplete, so is that something you reversed at some point? I'm hoping so.

I was really excited when I saw that sword skills can now be passed down freely, and I was crushed to see that it wouldn't mean I could finally try DewxLachesis and have the children inherit sol. Is there any way you could swap that back?

IIRC Holy Sword lets Dew recover health too.

I just read that, wow, talk about a total reversal of my opinion of the change!

So when it says sword skills can be passed down freely, does it mean to sword users, or does it mean anyone can use the skills with any weapon?

Anyone with the sword skill can use it. So that could be Lester proc'ing Darkness Sword, Corple activating Luna and the like. The changelog is something I've been meaning to get around to... but that thing called life seems to not want me to do it! I new I shouldn't have got the med school expansion pack!

Anyone with the sword skill can use it. So that could be Lester proc'ing Darkness Sword, Corple activating Luna and the like. The changelog is something I've been meaning to get around to... but that thing called life seems to not want me to do it! I new I shouldn't have got the med school expansion pack!

lol

One thing, to what extent does the patch not work on SNES9X? Because I'm running it and it seems to work so far. I have a mac, so no ZSNES for me :(

Astra, Luna and Sol all act as they would normally. However, they can activate on any weapon used and can activation together. Holy Sword deals an extra 20 damage and heals the user, basically making it an improved Sol. Darkness Sword will randomly multiply damage by 1, 2 or 3 and can reduce enemy attack damage.

A lot of reports have said the patch doesn't work at all for Snes9x, if it's working for you, great!

I'm pretty sure I got this working on SNES9X at some point...My SNES9X broke on my new computer, so I had to move it back to lame old ZSNES.

Hey remember when I told you I was bummed out that Patty primarily gets growths from her mother, meaning that Faval gets all of the good inheritance (Mom's weapons and holy blood, dad's growth rates) while Patty gets the worst? You said that one solution might be to boost Briggid's growth rates. Did you ever do that? That sounded great!

I'm pretty sure I got this working on SNES9X at some point...My SNES9X broke on my new computer, so I had to move it back to lame old ZSNES.

If Snes9x seems dead, give bsnes a try over ZSNES :e And maybe some of those snazzy NTSC filters/shaders, too.

Edited by Celice

Hey remember when I told you I was bummed out that Patty primarily gets growths from her mother, meaning that Faval gets all of the good inheritance (Mom's weapons and holy blood, dad's growth rates) while Patty gets the worst? You said that one solution might be to boost Briggid's growth rates. Did you ever do that? That sounded great!

Briggid's growths were padded out slightly, enough to have little impact on Faval but give Patty a friendly little boost. The fact that she has B bows and has canto makes her quite a bit easier to use.

Nothing makes Briggid more useable than B Bows!

Yes, I know you were talking about Patty

In all honesty, it's pretty cool too see how far this patch has come. Imma gonna get around to doing a full playthrough soon.

Hey Shin, did you, uh, nerf Sigurd's growths or something? I seem to be getting absolutely horrible level ups with him with this patch. Two consecutive levels where all he got was HP, and his speed didn't grow at all in four levels. This combined with the fact that you nerfed his base speed for some reason really screwed my sigurd over. Am I just having horrible luck? Is it something to do with changes to the RNG?

So, here are Sigurd's oriinal stats:

Lvl 5
HP 35
Str 14
Mag 0
Skl 11
Spd 12
Lck 7
Def 9
Res 3

Here are Sigurd's new stats:
Lvl 5
HP 37
Str 15
Mgc 3
Skl 13
Spd 10
Lck 7
Def 9
Res 4

...And here are Sigurd's stats on my latest file with your hack after I grinded him to level 18 after being suspicious of how few speed level ups he was getting:
Lvl 18
HP 50
Str 22
Mgc 3
Skl 19
Spd 12
Lck 12
Def 11
Res 5

Yeah, it seems like he has conspicuously low speed and defense. Did you screw around with Sigurd's growths? And why'd you nerf his speed to begin with? It's not like it was absurdly high, and he is a prepromote...

I'm curious to hear your reasoning on this point.