120 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult is it right now?

2. 2. Which new mugs need further work?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Darkness Sword"? Don't you mean Luna?

In FE4 there are two additional sword skills, Darkness and Holy (or something like this), which go unused. Hacks for FE4 generally fix up and use these skills, and I'm guessing that's what's being referred to here.

any plan of using the new fe 4 translation on this?

Considering last I checked Shin doesn't like the newer translation I doubt he'd use that exclusively but you can maybe use both patches together

Considering last I checked Shin doesn't like the newer translation I doubt he'd use that exclusively but you can maybe use both patches together

you can't

It's more that I can't be bothered to redo everything based on the new patch. I could in theory make an untranslation patch but things start to get messy, especially when I've been repointing stuff.

I honestly don't like the name changes but I really want to see the untranslated parts be translated... what I want to know is why there is no inbetween T_T

Sorry for going off topic like that.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Shin,

I know that I'm a bit late, but I just finished the hack! Awesome job! You did an excellent job making tons of characters more viable! I got a ton of

use out of Arden and Hannibal with their greater utility! I also had some really cool pairings, such as Ardan X Fury making a really bulky, but still

reasonably fast, Fee who could do everything well (heal, attack both defense and resistance, and replenish with sol). Sety ended up being this

interesting physically bulky mage with sol and good defense. Also, you did a great job buffing the characters, while at the same time

increasing the difficulty of the game. It was really interesting to use Luna to negate the defense/resistance buffs of Swanchika when facing

Langbolt and Burian.

However, there are some notable choke points at certain areas of the game that rely on luck with the random number generator to get by.

The first one is in Chapter 2 when your facing Clement. The only way to get up to him is through an area that is guarded by ballistas. The other

passage through the mountains only allows access to the Ballistas, but not Clement. However, those Ballistas are all within range of his Sleep Staff.

The only way to silence him is with Deirdre, but his resistance is now too high to do that without leveling Deirdre. Deirdre's minimal availability

makes her not worth raising. Without putting Clement to sleep, you must rely on luck because even your best units will have extreme diffiulty

surviving Ballistas for 3-5 turns and then having to kill the boss in one turn before they are put to sleep again. I'd recommend nerfing his

resistance to be lower than her magic so she can silence him to make this part less reliant on luck or raising deirdre.

The second choke point is in Chapter 7. The dark mages can kill Shannan in 2 shots and have an 80% chance to hit without the Balmung and a 48%

chance with the Balmung. Shannan must take hits from 2 of these guys and get the Balmung, otherwise he gets cornered and killed. Patty also gets 1-

shotted by the mages. However, given the movement of the dark mages and Shannan, escaping these guys and getting the Balmung requires that

Shannan gets attacked by 2 of them. With 48% avoid, it is basically a coin toss as to whether or not he survives.To get passed this part, I had to make

characters move/atk in certain ways (manipulate the random number generator) in order for Shannan to dodge at least once (I kept getting hit

twice and skilled.I had to use similar methods to get passsed the choke point in Chapter 2. I don't recommend that you buff the Balmung as that

would undermine your goal to balance the holy weapons. What I would suggest is that you lower the Skill of the dark mages so that they have a 38-

40% chance to hit, making it it more possible for Shannan to dodge.

The final choke point is in the Final Chapter. Even with a fully leveled Julia, she only has a 32% chance to hit Julius. Julius has an 100% chance

to hit her. Using anyone else is not viable because they only do 1-3 damage (Julius recovers, I believe, 15 damage per turn.) Also he hits even Celice

and Ares too hard for them to survive more than one hit. However, it is still possible to win despite these difficulties. The main problem comes

with Julius's new Adept skill. Despite Julius only having 30 skill, adept would go off twice in a round about 50% of the time. If adept goes off

twice, Julia gets killed in one round due to having around 60 health and taking 4 attacks (one from a regular attack, one from pursuit, and 2 from

adept) that have a 100% chance to hit. I would recommend removing adept for this fight.

Despite the setbacks, the hack was a ton of fun! The pros far outweigh the cons. I just wanted to make sure that I explained the cons thoroughly so

that it was clear what I was talking about. I especially loved that you gave better growth rates/ promotion bonuses to the weaker stats of dual

magic and physical weapon users (Mage Knights, Master Knights, etc.) I had to RNG Leaf's magic growth of 7% in the original game for 15 levels to

get him to play the way I wanted. Your hack resolved that issue with tons of characters. Thanks a bunch for making it!

P.S.

Is the new Mage Knight Strength cap 25?

Despite Julius only having 30 skill, adept would go off twice in a round about 50% of the time.

the skill uses attack speed + 20% as the calculation which is why it's more dangerous in FE4, particularly something to watch for when it comes to giving it to bosses

Wait what? You mean the raw Speed stat plus 20%? No wonder it goes off so often. How are the other skills like Luna/Astra calculated? I originally thought it was Skill %. On a side note, I love that multiple Skills can go off at the same time! Lunastra is deadly! Also Lamia, what's that picture of the force mage? It looks really cool!

Wait what? You mean the raw Speed stat plus 20%? No wonder it goes off so often. How are the other skills like Luna/Astra calculated? I originally thought it was Skill %. On a side note, I love that multiple Skills can go off at the same time! Lunastra is deadly! Also Lamia, what's that picture of the force mage? It looks really cool!

Charge is the rather odd [user's Attack Speed - Enemy's Attack Speed + (HP/2)]%, and big shield is (User's Level)%, but all sword skills are just skill% (idk what the activation rates are on darkness and holy swords, which are normaly unused but used in this hack.). Also, lamia is an artist/hacker and that is an OC of hers, so her character art is all original. It is used it the to be released version of the hack found here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=36873

Charge is the rather odd [user's Attack Speed - Enemy's Attack Speed + (HP/2)]%, and big shield is (User's Level)%, but all sword skills are just skill% (idk what the activation rates are on darkness and holy swords, which are normaly unused but used in this hack.). Also, lamia is an artist/hacker and that is an OC of hers, so her character art is all original. It is used it the to be released version of the hack found here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=36873

Yeah those are some interesting calculations. What's HP doing in the Charge calculation? I like that tidal wave animation on Lamia's hack. I'm on an FE4 binge right now. Looking forward to playing it on Super Famicom. I just finished chapter 37 of the Oosawa manga and then I found out the rest isn't translated. I'm thinking of picking it up and seeing how far my pre-school level Japanese will get me.

Yeah those are some interesting calculations. What's HP doing in the Charge calculation? I like that tidal wave animation on Lamia's hack. I'm on an FE4 binge right now. Looking forward to playing it on Super Famicom. I just finished chapter 37 of the Oosawa manga and then I found out the rest isn't translated. I'm thinking of picking it up and seeing how far my pre-school level Japanese will get me.

When charge activates, the enemy gets an attack as well, so if you are weak, you do not want charge to activate, so they implemented that as a mechanic to help the player. (it also never activates below a certain percentage of hp remaining.) You should probably wait until the new version of lamia's hack (which will change a lot, add in all the character portrates instead of the current recolors, include more content, and be more polished)

Edited by sirmola

XD I've had some fun when charge activated a lot on Midir, he just kept shooting arrows at the enemy until he died. Last time I played my current run through he shot at a bandit in the woods 16 times accuracy be damned he didn't stop until the enemy was dead XD

XD I've had some fun when charge activated a lot on Midir, he just kept shooting arrows at the enemy until he died. Last time I played my current run through he shot at a bandit in the woods 16 times accuracy be damned he didn't stop until the enemy was dead XD

lol, knowing Fire Emblem odds, I'm surprised he didn't just hit 4 times in a row with a 16% chance to hit.

lol, knowing Fire Emblem odds, I'm surprised he didn't just hit 4 times in a row with a 16% chance to hit.

I WISH that he had 16% hit, because that would mean he would actually hit someone. I was incredibly unlucky with Midir in the beginning chapters. Thank goodness for the Longbow utility.

Really enjoying the patch so far, but I feel like this guy in chapter 2 is a little overpowering. 34 magical attack with 116 hit and no WTD is really hard to tank, especially when he's surrounded by different flavored armours and a general with a silver lance. And if you want any chance at the bargain ring, you can't slow down for anything.

Xn2tFNO.png

yrqB1sd.png

Random, but a while ago I ordered the fe4 figures and most came broken. I found it ironic that Eltoshan came beheaded. Maybe the sellers were trying to give me an authentic fe4 experience ;D

Random, but a while ago I ordered the fe4 figures and most came broken. I found it ironic that Eltoshan came beheaded. Maybe the sellers were trying to give me an authentic fe4 experience ;D

LMAO Seriously? XD Is there anyway you can post pics of this hilariously ironic tragedy?

Sorry dude. I already returned them. Hey, do you think in Jugdral they use holy blood to measure blood types? I bet Blaggi is universal donor because it's all about healing and Loputosu is universal recipient because it sucks people's life forces