my IMPROVED FE8 hack

FragMaster

If you want my personal opinion, a third tier system in Sacred Stones is entirely pointless, considering the game is only 22 chapters, decent enough for a second tier system, but no way enough to properly utilize a third; not regarding Valni or Lagdou which are optional and shouldn't be bothered to be put into the equation unless they were forced. You can only gain so much EXP in those 22 chapters and trying to condense a third tier system just may end up with a pretty nasty backlash of balance.

Just my two cents.

well, there are those people who do want a change once they wanna try the ruins or the tower. so, i guess this can kinda ease those kinds of people?? smile.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the above statement, but another suggestion would be for the first promo items to be from 5-12, replacing other drops or adding them, and then start third tiers around Chapter 13. Third tier lord promos could be the end of CH 16 promotion items, as well.

I agree with the above statement, but another suggestion would be for the first promo items to be from 5-12, replacing other drops or adding them, and then start third tiers around Chapter 13. Third tier lord promos could be the end of CH 16 promotion items, as well.

hmmm. nice idea. but i won't change the lord's third tier promotion earlier so, but they can buy the promotion items earlier. i'll work on that so that promotions can come a little earlier. and i'm gonna change the level cap to 15. agree?

EDIT: patch is out

Edited by FragMaster

If you want my personal opinion, a third tier system in Sacred Stones is entirely pointless, considering the game is only 22 chapters, decent enough for a second tier system, but no way enough to properly utilize a third; not regarding Valni or Lagdou which are optional and shouldn't be bothered to be put into the equation unless they were forced. You can only gain so much EXP in those 22 chapters and trying to condense a third tier system just may end up with a pretty nasty backlash of balance.

Just my two cents.

Hey, we got a Ray to come help us out.

hmmm. nice idea. but i won't change the lord's third tier promotion earlier so, but they can buy the promotion items earlier. i'll work on that so that promotions can come a little earlier. and i'm gonna change the level cap to 15. agree?

DO NOT change the level cap. That will make the few people who are willing to play your have (myself included) give up on it as awful.

DO NOT change the level cap. That will make the few people who are willing to play your have (myself included) give up on it as awful.

i shouldn't??? but that'll mean if you only go for the main story, not the tower and ruins, you won't get the 3rd tier to level 20

Just wanderin' in the neighborhood. :E

I'm with ALS. Nerfing bases and growths would work out better in the long run. If you REALLY want a third tier system, hack FE7 as it's the longest GBA entry. =P

that would defeat the purpose of my hack being called "double promotion"

If it was possible to just add eph and er route into one pt that would be awesome -_- then it would be like 27 chapters long enough for 3 tiers

guys guys please answer, is it better if my hack has a 15 max level cap, or the usual 20??

20. 15 is too short and the game isn't long enough for 3 tiers. Just use FE 7 and import your 3rd tier classes.

20. 15 is too short and the game isn't long enough for 3 tiers. Just use FE 7 and import your 3rd tier classes.

but including the ruins and the tower. it's longer.

sorry for the people that downloaded the 2nd patch, i changed it again to have a max level of 20. sorry

edit: HOLY CRAP LARACHEL IS GOD. i have to change her.

Edited by FragMaster

Just wanderin' in the neighborhood. :E

I'm with ALS. Nerfing bases and growths would work out better in the long run. If you REALLY want a third tier system, hack FE7 as it's the longest GBA entry. =P

but FE7 already has a lot of good hackers. including you. and blazer with his tactics universe. no one would even think to play my hack if it was fe7 lol

Edited by FragMaster

but FE7 already has a lot of good hackers. including you. and blazer with his tactics universe. no one would even think to play my hack if it was fe7 lol

I would play it. I'm kinda impartial to FE7 hacks because that's what I'm hacking.

By this stage, literally nothing could actually hurt your hack. Whatever change you make is By Definition going to be an improvement, just by virtue of not being what is currently in the hack.

By this stage, literally nothing could actually hurt your hack. Whatever change you make is By Definition going to be an improvement, just by virtue of not being what is currently in the hack.

that's harsh.

Just to say, there is a point at which it becomes unnecessary to bash his hack any further. Though I dislike some of the properties of it, I find it going overboard to bash his hack for every little mistake. The mistakes he made are repairable.

Strikethroughs are a strange and wonderful thing.

Except they can be misinterpreted as evident by his post, though I can understand what you're trying to convey a bit better. Theoretically. (Don't blame me it's 2:30 AM)

Edited by BK-201

lol your comments are double sided???? blink.gif

Whenever I take the strikethrough explanation out of my sig, someone ALWAYS takes a struckthrough comment seriously...

(Don't blame me it's 2:30 AM)

Heh, no worries.

Edited by Furetchen

Whenever I take the strikethrough explanation out of my sig, someone ALWAYS takes a struckthrough comment seriously...

Heh, no worries.

actually i don't even know what the point of a strikethrough comment is.

actually i don't even know what the point of a strikethrough comment is.

Furet isn't serious whenever he uses a strikethrough. Strikethroughs can be used to show a thought or be used to indicate sarcasm or a joke. Creative usages also exist.

• 3 weeks later...