[FE8] Drafting Tourney IV

Red Whirlwind

You might wanna reconsider that; It's gonna take quite some time to get Ross up to speed. Plus there are so many other earlygame characters better than him.

Of course, if you want him, it's your choice~

are we going for a speed run??? or an efficient run??

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You basically want to beat it in as few turns as possible, aka you won't have much time to train. If you take Ross, good luck for earlygame, because he'll need to solo C4 to get to Pirate by C5. That's gonna take... a long time.

are we going for a speed run??? or an efficient run??

Yes. The goal is to the finish the game in the least amount of turns. So when picking, make sure to pick people who you think will save you the most turns.

If you want to change your pick, I suppose you can before Red Whirlwind makes her pick.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

oh crap. oh okay. i pick joshua. i guess i can solo everything from chapter 1 - 5 with eirika.

you can recruit with undrafted units right???

Edited by FragMaster

oh crap. oh okay. i pick joshua. i guess i can solo everything from chapter 1 - 5 with eirika.

you can recruit with undrafted units right???

Yes you can recruit with undrafted units.

It should be okay to switch as long as Red Whirlwind is okay with it and/or didn't want Joshua first pick.

Well, Eirika route is probably quicker than Ephriam route...

But I don't think that means a set route is necessary. Each route has its own advantages, mainly differences in character recruitment. I mean, both Gerik and Cormag have been picked already, and they're both significantly better in separate routes. It wouldn't be fair to the people who picked them to force them to go on a route that is detrimental to them.

Why do you think a set route is necessary, Joey? And which route would it be?

Well, Eirika route is probably quicker than Ephriam route...

I still don't think this is true, at least not by a significant amount. Eirika's route is definitely easier, but I dunno about quicker.

I still don't think this is true, at least not by a significant amount. Eirika's route is definitely easier, but I dunno about quicker.

Yeah, I don't know either, that's why I said probably.

My point about the characters still stands, though.

marisa sad.gif

Out of all the characters left you chose MARISA!?

FragMaster, she's a horrible pick (worse than first pick Ross, trust me). I drafted her in the second tourney and I didn't even bother recruiting her because it would've taken too long and she sucks. She joins late and underleveled (like most of the cast, but still...) and simply won't have time to be good in a speedrun.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

I'm going to have to agree. Marisa is a terrible unit to have for a draft. She takes way too long to recruit, and you will probably regret this choice

... Red Whirlwind, how about making Myrrh draftable? Since there are 29 draftees with out her, and there are 5 drafters...And since I'm going to get the short end of the stick anyways.

Edited by Iris