[FE8] Drafting Tourney IV

Red Whirlwind

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i chose marisa just so i could have picked a sworduser, lol i don't plan on using her actually, syrene

If you don't plan on using her, then why did you pick her?

And did you really just pick the unit with the worst availability in the entire game and has awful stats? At least she has use in C18...

I'm starting to wonder if you're intentionally trolling this draft...

Edited by Radiant Dragon

And did you really just pick the unit with the worst availability in the entire game and has awful stats? At least she has use in C18...

I'm starting to wonder if you're intentionally trolling this draft...

Syrene has flying utility and because all the other fliers are taken and we've already pretty much picked all of the better units it's actually not a bad choice.

I don't think he's clever enough to troll drafts.

Syrene has flying utility and because all the other fliers are taken and we've already pretty much picked all of the better units it's actually not a bad choice.

I don't think he's clever enough to troll drafts.

Many of the units left will be more useful before Syrene joins than she will ever be, even with flying utility. She's good C18 since you don't need (high) stats to break eggs, and in C20 to ferry over the twins, I suppose.

However, the fact remains that he could've picked a more useful unit now and gotten Syrene (and/or Marisa, though why anyone would want Marisa is beyond me...) as a later pick.

no it's because i'm experimenting on something. i just wanna randomly pick people and see how good my playthrough will be with them

Randomly, as in using an RNG (Random Number Generator) to decide who you pick, or just picking who sucks the most?

Good to know you have a reason, at least...

@Joey: Yeah, that pisses me off. *glares at tourney 2*

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Randomly, as in using an RNG (Random Number Generator) to decide who you pick, or just picking who sucks the most?

Good to know you have a reason, at least...

no by just picking whoever comes into my mind first. lol. since it's really easy, i guess i can make myself make the game more challenging, for myself

no by just picking whoever comes into my mind first. lol. since it's really easy, i guess i can make myself make the game more challenging, for myself

Well, I'd pick another earlygame unit next. Eirika + Garcia until Duessel joins is not going to be fun.

Joey's going to have a fun early-game with those units. Those units. He got a pretty good pick, sweeping up Tana, Tethys, and Duracel. And Cormag isn't bad either. >_>

Joey's going to have a fun early-game with those units. Those units. He got a pretty good pick, sweeping up Tana, Tethys, and Duracel. And Cormag isn't bad either. >_>

no, ive got duessel

It's actually Kyle, not Duessel. I was thinking of taking Duessel but I wanted a mounted unit earlier so I opted for Kyle as he'll turn out to be just as good as Duessel by the time Duessel even joins, even if I were to take Ephraims's route.

With Franz, Vanessa, and Joshua taken every other earlygame unit will just be a liability so I'd rather do an Erika solo for the first 8 chapters.

Edited by Joey

I'm sorry! I'm just snowed under with work and can barely even remember Eir route!

But yeah. Marisa, man...

Note: These are my next 3 picks in order of preference. Take the highest ranked one as my pick after Iris drafts. No peeking, my lovelies~

[spoiler=Only view after Iris drafts]

Ross

Moulder

Neimi

Imma cheerlead for Iris and Joey on this. :newyears:

Thanks Soul, ;D

Joey's probably going to win[is what I'll guess], but I'll give it my best shot.

Err, this pick better be somewhat decent considering that I'll be stuck with the last one.

Uhh, I'd take Ross, but knowing myself, I'd take too long to build him up.

So uhh, Neimi, and Rennac [hope I don't shoot myself for this].

EDIT. JB25, I feel better knowing I didn't take your first choice. >=3

I casually glanced at the Support list, just to see if I could build up a few. Only possible ones are Eirika/Saleh, and Artur/Neimi. Whoopee. Well, supports are supports.

Edited by Iris

I'm surprised Moulder has lasted this long. He is usually drafted sooner, since even though is magic isn't great, it's still another Warp/Physic/Restore user.

As for who's going to win, Red Whirlwind's team doesn't look too bad either. Joshua, Gerik and Forde are all good right off the bat, and Natasha is there to use Warp/Physic/Restore.

Joey has Tethys though, which is a pretty big advantage, as well as Kyle and Cormag. Tana's great once she gets going, as well.

Iris has Franz and Artur to help out early, and Saleh is a slightly worse Pent in a much easier game. Neimi probably won't have time to get up to speed, but we'll see.

JB25 has Vanessa, and we all (or, at least most of us) know how awesome early flying utility is. Makes recruiting Lute easier, for sure. Colm gets the party some cool stuff and Innes is good the moment he joins, so he's looking okay as well.

FragMaster however, has drafted some of the worst units in the game (Marisa and Syrene), and Garcia is going to stop doubling very quickly. He's probably going to have to rely on Duessel to get him through. Of course, that means Ephraim route...

Joey's probably going to win[is what I'll guess], but I'll give it my best shot.

It's really anybody's game. I may have a very nice team but I don't get my first member until at least Chapter 8 which means I have to practically do an Erika solo up until then. Now at first it may not seem so bad but then there's the two rout chapters that may end up raping my turncounts(Although 2 might not be so bad if there's no penalty for having units help you while they're NPCs such as Garcia). 4 though, is going to be hell especially with the way reinforcements come from opposite sides of the map which will certainly rape my turns.

It's kinda like in the H3 tourney where I once again had a weak start due to only having Cain(Who's not as good as Abel earlygame) and Wrys to work with up until Chapter 5 and even then Sedgar is scrub-status until chapter 8 and for that my turns in the earlygame aren't as hot as they should be.

Edited by Joey

My money's on JB as long as Vanessa is used to the fullest. There are just so many ways to save time with her that nobody else can do for like half the game.

Edited by Silvercrow

I wonder if Frag plans on drafting any time soon.

This happened in the second FE 6 draft also. We were waiting for one of the drafters for... I think it was five days.

And if he doesn't show up, you can't even give his spot to someone else, since no one is going to want his team...

EDIT: Wow, epic ninja'd. Just ignore my post then...

Edited by Radiant Dragon