[FE8] Drafting Tourney IV

Red Whirlwind

This happened in the second FE 6 draft also. We were waiting for one of the drafters for... I think it was five days.

And the same guy hasn't done anything on the draft for over a week either, lol. Too bad.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garcia, Duessel, even Syrene, and now Moulder aren't too bad. Marisa though, ugh.

A guess that's true... The major issue I have with his picks (except Moulder, and Duessel too, I suppose) is that there were better people available at the time.

I'm surprised nobody picked Gilliam to at least make things harder on me because he's actually a pretty good earlygame unit too for the rout chapters at least so I'll pick him and L'Arachel

Edited by Joey

I'm surprised nobody picked Gilliam to at least make things harder on me because he's actually a pretty good earlygame unit too for the rout chapters at least so I'll pick him and L'Arachel

Oh yeah, I also started the Prologue.

4 Turn clear, nothing special other than getting one crit and having Erika risk death by taking those two bandits on at once.

Name 	Level  S/M  Skl  Spd  Luk  Def  Res
Erika    02.77   4    9    9    6    4    1   E Swords

awwcrap i wanted to pick gilliam. hahaha

edit : i pick knoll

Edited by FragMaster

After realizing the RNG for prologue is somewhat fixed I went ahead and re-did it trying to see if I could get a strength proc somehow and I did. Requires 4 turns though so I went for the 4 turn clear again so now I can 1RKO crap in chapter 1.

Name     Level  S/M  Skl  Spd  Luk  Def  Res
Erika    02.77   5    8    10    6    4    1   E Swords

Edited by Joey

Well, Might as well follow Joey's example and get started

Prologue: (3/3)

…

Chapter 1: (6/9)

Eirika runs up and lets things suicide onto her during the enemy phase. She equips the Steel Sword once she gains D swords, and continues to march toward the throne, using Vulneraries when needed. The reinforcements kept themselves busy chasing Seth while Franz and Gilliam do nothing. Eirika stands in front of the boss and finishes her Vulnerary, and then ORKOs him on the enemy phase so she can seize.

Chapter 2: (7/16)

Eirika visits the villages and Ross dies. Afterwards, she moves down to deal with the reinforcements and the boss, while Garcia fights off the initial enemies. Eirika kills the boss and reinforcements thanks to her Steel Sword, and Garcia gets lucky hitting stuff with his Hand Axe, able to kill the last enemy on the turn 7 other phase.

Chapter 3: (11/27)

Eirika attacks the wall and kills the brigand that comes through. Wash, Rinse, and repeat for the second wall. Meanwhile Neimi tails Colm as he opens two chests, kills a brigand, and opens the door. Eirika kills a thief and Colm gets attacked by an archer and backs away into the middle room to heal; by this time Eirika is half-way across the last room so the extra brigands start to chase Colm, so he moves up and out by the stairs where Neimi finally recruits him and the rest of Eirika’s posse moves south, out of the building. Eirika moves up in front of the throne and attacks the boss. The mercenary suicides on her and then the boss follows suit. Eirika seizes.

Name   Level  HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Eirika 10.34  24  7  13  16  10   6   2

Chapter 1:

Erika basically walks over all enemies in her path Jesus-style(Which translates to 1RKO) using her full 5 move every turn(Except on turn 2, in which she moved 4 spaces), she gets another strength proc halfway through the chapter although I believe it's not necessary in 1RKOing the boss. All Gilliam does is kill that one soldier near his starting point and chip a fighter down. Admittedly though Erika dodged all fighters and gets a lucky dodge on the one soldier that attacked her near the boss although it's unnecessary it just meant I could take him on during the player phase in which I did and went for the 1RKO on turn 4. Gilliam gets some last minute XP off of the reinforcements and then Erika seizes on turn 5.

5 Turns.

Name     Level HP  S/M  Skl  Spd  Luk  Def  Res
Erika    04.78 18   7    10   11   7    5    1   D Swords
Gilliam  05.23 25   9    6    3    4    9    3   C Lance

Edited by Joey

I figured because this is technically a playlog thread I'll go ahead and make another update:

Chapter 2

7/16 Turns

Erika moves down south to the forts to deal with the bandits+boss down there, on turn 4 I manage to get her in range of one of the reinforcements and gets hit by said reinforcement and then on turn 5 I move her down to the fort and pop a vuln so that she can be a wannabe Rambo and finishes off 2 bandits+the boss at once on turn 6. Gilliam visits the two villages and also gets in range of one of the reinforcements and proceeds to have an epic struggle with it in which he misses once and nearly dies because of it, he finishes it off though and ends the chapter. Garcia does his thing as an NPC in the northeast.

As for Ross....

1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_03.png

Bullshit, you're a piece of shit until the very end.

Name    Level  HP  S/M  Skl  Spd  Luk  Def  Res
Erika   07.17  21   9    12   13   7    6    3   D Swords
Gilliam 05.73  25   9    6    3    4    9    3   C Lance

Edit: I won't triple post so I'll put Chapter 3 details here instead.

7/23 Turns

Erika and Gilliam tag team the the nearby wall. Erika has her Rapier ready considering it does just enough damage to 1RKO the bandit next to the wall on enemy phase seeing as she still cannot double with Steel Sword.

On Turn 2 Erika begins to damage the next wall and on turn 3 Gilliam breaks that wall while Erika proceeds to 1RKO the Hand Axe next to that wall with her Iron Sword. Neimi also recruits Colm and proceed to do nothing else for the entire chapter.

Turn 4 Erika uses her full move and has her steel sword ready and pops a vulnerary due to the archer hitting her to take on the Steel Axe bandit and kills said bandit on Enemy Phase. Gilliam manages to get some chip in on the archer.

Next turn I have Erika move inside the boss' room. I debated on whether to use her Rapier again seeing as she'd be able to 1RKO the merc with the rapier. I decided not to and figured I'd just have her finish off the merc on the next enemy phase while she takes on the boss as well. She pops a vuln in front of the boss while Gilliam finishes off that annoying archer. During the enemy phase Erika misses the boss once with her Steel Sword(at 76 displayed as well >___>).

Turn 6 the boss dies and turn 7 Erika seizes while Gilliam finishes off that other hand axe bandit off.

Also quick sidenote: Starting from Chapter 4 I'll be uploading videos instead.

Erika   09.29  22   9    13   14   8    6    4   C Swords
Gilliam 07.13  27   9    7    3    5    10   3   C Lance

Edited by Joey

I want Ewan. Almost as useless as Amelia, but he can use magic, which should help.

... I just realised I have no good def tanks on my team. Oh well, I'll begin soon enough (Probably once my FE11 draft ends/exams are over.)

FFFF- Amelia. The one person I didn't want. It's hard to train Ewan up [without Valni/monster skirmish abuse], but it's harder to train her up. >:

I'll start when I have time [probably Friday].

Decided to start because I felt like it.

Prologue

I dunno what the RNG process to let Eirika gain Str and Spd is, but I got one with HP, Str, Skl and Res, which isn't too bad.

Lvl  HP  Pwr  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res
Eirika  ???  17  5    9    9    5    3    2

Turns: 4/4

Chapter 1

Eirika roflstomp and some random crits. Killed Breguet on turn 5, screw the reinforcements.

Eirika  5.35 19  6    10   11   6    5    3

Turns: 5/9

Chapter 2

Oh hi failure Ross.

OH HI VANESSA!

Vanessa rescues Ross, Eirika runs down to take on the enemies. Eirika draws all the bandits while Garcia kills the 2 on the left, then I visit the houses. Got all the houses except for the Pure Water house, and recruited Garcia for his shit, plus I'm not sure if leaving him as an NPC causes him to be recruited.

Eirika  7.94 20  6    11   13   7    5    3
Vanessa 1.00 17  5    7    11   4    6    5
Ross    1.00 15  5    2    3    8    3    0

Turns: 7/16

...I just realised I have no good def tanks on my team.

That shouldn't be too much of a problem. In the second draft, I didn't have anyone with high defense until Ephraim promoted and Myrrh was up to speed. Until then my most durable unit was Joshua...

By the way, did you kill Breguet on turn 5 or did you seize on turn 5? Your turn count says 5, so I'd assume the later, but...

Also, Ross and Garcia automatically join at the end of Chapter 2 as long as Ross is alive (he doesn't have to rescued/recruited).

Update, with video this time:

Chapter 4:

9/32 Turns: If Gilliam had 4 speed prior to beginning of the chapter this could have possibly been an 8 turn and maybe even 7 turn clear. At least the RNG was nice enough to at least give him a speed proc midway through the chapter so he could at least double the last set of enemies and the boss which I found to be crucial, he was due for a speed proc anyways.

Seeing as the original recording had de-synced sound I figured I'd mute the FE8 music and just add some music from my playlist to these videos seeing as sound-less videos are pretty dull, IMO.

Erika   11.19  24   10   13   16   9    6    5   C Swords
Gilliam 11.45  30   10   9    4    7    13   3   B Lance

More updates

Chapter 5

6/38 Turns: I get 3 crits here but only one actually helped me. The other two were absolutely unnecessary.

Chapter 5x:

9/47 Turns

Orson just rapes face here

No stats of Kyle/Eph were taken.

Erika   14.40  26   11   14   17   11   9    5   C Swords
Gilliam 12.23  31   11   10   4    7    13   3   B Lance

That shouldn't be too much of a problem. In the second draft, I didn't have anyone with high defense until Ephraim promoted and Myrrh was up to speed. Until then my most durable unit was Joshua...

By the way, did you kill Breguet on turn 5 or did you seize on turn 5? Your turn count says 5, so I'd assume the later, but...

Also, Ross and Garcia automatically join at the end of Chapter 2 as long as Ross is alive (he doesn't have to rescued/recruited).

Killed Breguet on Turn 4, then I seized on turn 5.

Really? Oh well.

Just rescue Ross with Vanessa. Sure, it's a 4-turn penalty, but whatever.

I'm fairly certain an exception was made for the rescue of Ross. Don't quote me on that, though.

... The fuck? It's a 8-turn penalty EVERY CHAPTER for using Seth. If you like a 156 turn penalty, go ahead. No one is stopping you.

no lol. i meant for the chapter for garcia to be recruited. plus i was being sarcastic!

i have no idea how i can get garcia without ross dyingmellow.gif

plus i was being sarcastic!

Easy for you to say now. The fact that we consider the likely thing for you to say to be the most moronic is sad enough in itself...

i have no idea how i can get garcia without ross dying

Deal with it, kid. You drafted him, you deal with him.

Edited by Furetchen