Astelaine's Sprite Thread

Astelaine

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
If a topic has not been posted in for 1 month AND has fallen outside the first page of a board, any posts made in that topic will be considered necroposting.
Please try not to necropost.

• 5 months later...

Yay neglected sprite thread! Might as well bump it. Got a WIP going:

round17_2b.png -> kalisha_wip_zpsd45ba959.png

Left is an old splice (like Round 17 old!) Right is the new mug. I've been wanting to turn this into a custom sprite forever, but never got around to it til now. :)

Oh yeah, I spliced this too:

levin_comp_zps19e2223e.png

The set was Desmond/Geese/beta Eliwood.

Edited by Astelaine

@ WIP

It looks nice so far. I do kind of like the old version better right now, but only because the colors are more vivid on that one. I know the new one's still WIP but it looks a little 'dull' by comparison :(:

@ DGE splice

Now that's pretty awesome. I'm not sure what he's wearing on his head but it's really well done.

Sweet bejeesus I missed your sprites; they're so good :o

I love the palette you're using on the revamp, and the splice has a Levin (or should I call him Lewyn now?) feel to it. Simply amazing, both of them!

Thanks guys!

@ Phoenix: Yeah, that's the difference between FE8 and FE7 colors. I really hate that her hair looks so washed-out; I'm gonna have to tool around to find a better set of colors for black hair. I just grabbed Jaffar's cloak colors out of laziness. tongue.gif

P.S. Thanks to AK for the FE7 dark skin color palette, and eCut for giving me crit/edits!

@ Phoenix: Yeah, that's the difference between FE8 and FE7 colors. I really hate that her hair looks so washed-out; I'm gonna have to tool around to find a better set of colors for black hair. I just grabbed Jaffar's cloak colors out of laziness. tongue.gif

Ah, I thought that might be why, but with such a close comparison, it looked too dull to even be FE7 to me at the time so I really wasn't sure. I'll check back to see how it looks again once there's more progress :):

• 6 months later...

So, it's been awhile. Unfortunately, my laptop died, so I lost about four new sprites I was working on. Hopefully I'll be able to rip the hard drive out and salvage my files.

In the meantime, I finished the mage girl from upthread:

kalisha_sheet2_zpsb840add7.png

And here she is as an etabase:

kalisha_sprite2_zps19f08948.png

Edited by Astelaine

So pretty~ Only thing I can think is maybe the outline along the white cloth part might be a little dark? I'm trying to think of how to fix that, since the skin is so dark anyway and you're using the skin tones on that. Also perhaps the skin could use some more shading as well, around the back of the neck and maybe a shadow cast by the armour on her left shoulder (our right). (Edit: Also maybe adding shadow could make that outline stand out less as well? Maybe just messing around will help enough x3) At least I think that's where the light source is coming from. It's been so long since I looked at an FE portrait that I can't even remember ;~; Edited by Freohr Datia

So purdy, dear. <3 I really love your Eta sprite too! The pose is great. ^_^

I'm really sad that you lost some of your other sprites though! Was it the things you showed me a while back?

Thank you for the compliments, everyone. I'm glad people like it. :) Some replies before I show a new WIP...

So pretty~ Only thing I can think is maybe the outline along the white cloth part might be a little dark? I'm trying to think of how to fix that, since the skin is so dark anyway and you're using the skin tones on that. Also perhaps the skin could use some more shading as well, around the back of the neck and maybe a shadow cast by the armour on her left shoulder (our right). (Edit: Also maybe adding shadow could make that outline stand out less as well? Maybe just messing around will help enough x3) At least I think that's where the light source is coming from. It's been so long since I looked at an FE portrait that I can't even remember ;~;

Thank you, I think those are good suggestions. That dark line on her top is bothering me too! I will try to add some shadows and see what happens.

So purdy, dear. <3 I really love your Eta sprite too! The pose is great. ^_^

I'm really sad that you lost some of your other sprites though! Was it the things you showed me a while back?

Yep, it was the WIP dump I sent you, plus a couple more (Lena and Palla for Legend of Marth.)

astel!! much love. your sprites look really silky as usual (y)

why does her etabase sprite have blue hair?

Thanks Boney! And AK was right - shared colors. Also I just felt like a blue-ish palette for shits & giggles.

Here's what I'm working on at the moment:

sayre_wip_zps68b8deae.png

Wyvern rider. Something about the face is bothering me but I can't put my finger on it. Preliminary crits welcome.

Here's what I'm working on at the moment:

sayre_wip_zps68b8deae.png

Wyvern rider. Something about the face is bothering me but I can't put my finger on it. Preliminary crits welcome.

Might be the spacing of the eyes. Try moving the near eye to (our) left a pixel or two.

Also, it's good to see you back! The finished mage girl looks awesome, and this new sprite is shaping to be as well!

EDIT: Actually noticed something about the mage girl on the top of the page. Her chest seems really bare; no cleavage? I'm not sure if it would come up too high but it seems like something should be there. I dunno.

Edited by DualSilverGunner