Astelaine's Sprite Thread

Astelaine

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean? There is no Nayr here. I am but a simple Dalish Elf who happens to be a Grey Warden. lol

Name change:

SHIP DAT SHIT HARD

SHIP IT IN THE ASS

WITHOUT LUBE

</shippingsquirrel>

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

I just came here in this topic to say I really appreciate the images here in this topic. Astelaine is one of the greatest spriters of this generation, and I can easily say the style of the works here is soothing to the eye and does make me generally happy to look at them. :) I appreciate the fact you maintain such a great gallery here. :)

...that being said, I just want to share my support for that OTP. :3 Takes talent to capture such a latent feeling perfectly. :3 That doodle owns. XD

who's on top?

Look at seph's face and ask yourself that again. XD

Edited by Ryrumeli

Ahaha, I'm dying. You guys all have so much love for the foe yay! +800 page views since I posted it? Nuts!

Really, though, thanks to Nayr and Seph for being good sports about the joke. You are truly paragons of internet forbearance. :)

In other news, I really like that Florina mug. If you're bored, can you "age" her sisters, too?

Thanks, Eclipse! While I don't have time to age her sisters at the moment, it would be really fun. I'll keep Fiora and Farina in mind for future spriting projects!

I just came here in this topic to say I really appreciate the images here in this topic. Astelaine is one of the greatest spriters of this generation, and I can easily say the style of the works here is soothing to the eye and does make me generally happy to look at them. :) I appreciate the fact you maintain such a great gallery here. :)

This means you're gonna accept my half-bodies for your hack project, right? Once I'm done with them, anyways. Riiiiightttttt? *puppy eyes*

Anyhoo, here's my progress on that dancer!

estelle_wip.png

I still need to shade some parts of the hair, and I might add in a hand or something. Lemme know if you see anything that looks off!

Look at seph's face and ask yourself that again. XD

That's why he's blushing, he knows what's coming ;3

That dancer asdfghjkl;'\

so good @ ~ @

Does she have a name?

Edited by seph1212

Oh she is absolutely stunning! :)

The only flaw I see is there could be a couple of pixels of second skin shade in front of her left(opv) eye.

Anyhoo, here's my progress on that dancer!

estelle_wip.png

... daaang ...

Oh right, I should actually say something and not just gawk. Uh it's obviously good--if practice makes perfect, I think you're almost done practicing--but like you said, it's not finished yet, so I'll wait and see what the final product looks like. But yeah, also what KittE/Ecut(?) said about the chin.

Ahaha, I'm dying. You guys all have so much love for the foe yay! +800 page views since I posted it? Nuts!

Really, though, thanks to Nayr and Seph for being good sports about the joke. You are truly paragons of internet forbearance. :)

No problem. But the next time you wanna make a OTP doodle, give me something to defend myself with. Like a knife(FE10 Beast Killer plz). :p

Also for the record, changing my name&avatar was something I thought about doing earlier, but I did do it as a joke. This is just the name, appearance, and Origin Story I went with in my current playthrough of Dragon Age.

As for the dancer, the earring on the far side doesn't look round enough. Looks more boxy than hoopy.

Edited by Rian Mahariel

That Dancer! *nose bleed* Im having a hard time finding any issues with it. Really. There is a spot on the chin thats odd but its hard to pinpoint. But goddamn! Goddamn!

Probably that it looks a little too square on the far side. like |_ when the chin would look better as \_

• 3 weeks later...

Update time!

Gave Maris some much-needed corrections (eyebrows, eyelash, a hint of an ear, hair):

maris_sheet3.png -> maris_sheet4.png

And some hair progress on Estelle:

estelle_wip2.png

I haven't forgotten about her earring and chin, but various twiddlings-around haven't resulted in anything satisfactory yet. I'm going to redo her sleeve, too. Eclipse, did I fix the part of the hair that was bothering you?

• 3 weeks later...

Lavlkjhglkjasdhlkjahblkjghab, why are you so good? @ ~ @

Goddamn. Buh, is there anything I can even suggest to improve? Well, yeah, actually. The mouth frames look a bit weird. If there's anything you can improve on this, it'd be those.

Beautiful! I especially like the updates to the crest/pendant. :)

It is amazing how something looks so flawless until you revamp it and then you're just like WOW look at all the problems it had.

Goddamn. Buh, is there anything I can even suggest to improve? Well, yeah, actually. The mouth frames look a bit weird. If there's anything you can improve on this, it'd be those.

Hmmm, I see what you mean. Her defined lips give her an typical Fire Emblem mouth, so there's probably weirdness there, and I also wanted her mouth to open only slightly when she talks, which isn't usual either. I'll mess around with the frames and see if I can fix them up. Thanks, Seph!

like the changes

Thanks! :)

Beautiful! I especially like the updates to the crest/pendant. :)

It is amazing how something looks so flawless until you revamp it and then you're just like WOW look at all the problems it had.

Thanks Ecut! And definitely, haha. I knew I had to finish the crest and add more shading to the hair, but when I finally got to it, I ended up fixing almost everything to some degree. It still feels like some things could be improved - I'm not quite satisfied with the crest's trim and the part in her hair, for example - but it looks much better than it did. In the end, it's pretty fun to go back and touch up old work, and see just how much your technique and eye have progressed in the past year.